• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

Optimus Crime

This guy looks like him but the way he talks is nothing like Vergil we know. Most fans In China don't like him at all. Personally I doubt if he's the real one. He's not arogant enough to be Vergil. He looks too kind and soft and talks way too much. I suggest that he maybe made by Mundus like Trish with fake memories. Mundus use him to get to Dante and he knows nothing about it. The real Vergil could be somewhere else or maybe captured by Mundus already. In the end of the game, he could find out the truth and die for something, or even killed by the angry real Vergil (that's more like what Vergil would do). Or NT wants something to happen to him and make him the way he is in DMC3? It is possible but not realy good. BTW, some of my friends think he looks like Chris in Biohazard 5.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Pretty mixed.The appearance is quite fine but i did dislike the voice and how he acts right now in that trailer.But who knows.Like i said, there might be some plot twist and his twisted,chaotic good personality might show up.

Optimus Crime

Dislike.

He's going to have that good to evil arc but he just doesn't have much spark in him, from his appearance to his mediocre voice IMO
he looks too kind... this kind of character always turns out bad (not in DMC3's way) or ends up with tragedy(still not in DMC3's way). That's why I think he's not the real Vergil.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
he looks too kind... this kind of character always turns out bad (not in DMC3's way) or ends up with tragedy(still not in DMC3's way). That's why I think he's not the real Vergil.

I think this is their attempt to show 'how Vergil turns evil', meaning he was a decent guy before he was not. But he just comes off to me there as irritating. One thing VERY characteristic about Vergil and Nelo Angelo is that he doesn't waste words. He rarely talks. I bet this one will talk too much and become irritating fast. Maybe he'll even sound whiny.

Optimus Crime

I think this is their attempt to show 'how Vergil turns evil', meaning he was a decent guy before he was not. But he just comes off to me there as irritating. One thing VERY characteristic about Vergil and Nelo Angelo is that he doesn't waste words. He rarely talks. I bet this one will talk too much and become irritating fast. Maybe he'll even sound whiny.
Could be like that. I just think this isn't dramatic engough. But after all this is just a game not a movie.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I like it. I never really cared for Vergil or his death in DMC3, so I in turn, couldn't care for Vergil. He was a bit of a power hungry guy who really had no humanity (Or fun) in him. This Vergil was a bit... pacifistic-like. He seems like the type of perfectionist that everyone in a room will try to avoid. Who knows, maybe he'll become evil as th egame goes on, or like DMC1, he'll die. (Which I hope is more ragic then him just falling off a cliff, or burning away in blue light.)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Meh, personality doesn't bother me as he will end up stabbing you in the back anyway, it's so obvious.

But blue trousers just look weird.

crush

I like it. I never really cared for Vergil or his death in DMC3, so I in turn, couldn't care for Vergil. He was a bit of a power hungry guy who really had no humanity (Or fun) in him. This Vergil was a bit... pacifistic-like. He seems like the type of perfectionist that everyone in a room will try to avoid. Who knows, maybe he'll become evil as th egame goes on, or like DMC1, he'll die. (Which I hope is more ragic then him just falling off a cliff, or burning away in blue light.)

Yup the vergil we know isn't vergil it's made by fangirls you know...
I really find this project like megaman-zero.
You know, Some red character reboot that gets into a resistance group complete with blue helping guy.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Nelo Angelo was brainwashed and stripped of all humanity.....he couldn't speak he was just pretty much a brain dead minion.....yet as a Vergil fan you find him being a brain dead minion still better fate/role than what NT showed?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yup.

I don't care for their current issues/political subversion/social commentary stuff they're crowbarring into the series. It isn't making him any more 'interesting' to me, and you can probably guess exactly what is going to happen here. Nelo Angelo, silent though he was, was a mysterious and imposing enemy who was meant to be virtually unknown about until the end of DMC1.

So Vergil's a guy who has good intentions but is obviously like "sod the girl, she's one person when we are saving millions" and Dante is obviously the one who thinks one person is worth the effort. Hence conflict.

Nah, can't say I feel personally that that is any more intriguing or fascinating than the reasons or choices the characters have in 3.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Ya know what would've been better? If he has two identities. Where he's himself in a demon council and the leader of the Order. In fact, as the leader, he is infiltrating the council.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yup the vergil we know isn't vergil it's made by fangirls you know...
I really find this project like megaman-zero.
You know, Some red character reboot that gets into a resistance group complete with blue helping guy.

That's the norm in anime.

crush

That's the norm in anime.
Well I knew. The point is capcom is doing it to it's own series.
But who cares? Everyone likes it!

Nelo Angelo was brainwashed and stripped of all humanity.....he couldn't speak he was just pretty much a brain dead minion.....yet as a Vergil fan you find him being a brain dead minion still better fate/role than what NT showed?
So be it.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
I think Vergil's personality is the same as Lex Luthor's from Smallville, both of them won't reveal all of their cards until the very end and you can't really trust them 100% ^_^

Tiran

The great pretender.
Vergil seems kinda soft to me. Softer than powdered baby thighs. If Dante's barbed wire, Vergil's cotton balls. I was hoping he'd have more... chill to his demeanor with focused, creepy, piercing eyes. Dante's running him all over and commanding him. That last scene was ominous the way Verg looked into Dante after telling him to trust him completely... A Yamato in the back may be coming soon.

Top Bottom