• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Y' know what; I'm gonna be that one asshole and say;

I kind of have second thoughts about this Vergil.

I mean I know he's the Order's leader and thus has to show some form of friendliness, but...He seems too nice to me. DMC3 Vergil wouldn't be any better as a boss of an underground org. cause he's too much of a loner and doesn't care about anyone else but his brother (To a point) and power. Also, I'm not digging his yamato katana in this one. (If that is Yamato) I kind of liked Yamato better in the past DMC games, presumably DMC1. (Though I did like it in DMC3 too but DMC1 looked cool to me.) Anyway, new Vergil, to me, is a bit of an ass without the intention of being one. Dante was raised on torture and pain, living in demon infested orphanages and detention facilities. Where was Vergil? Living it up the rich way! I mean, If I was forced to live such an awful life, while my brother lived all rich and fortunate, I'd be pretty ****ed off at him all the time. I hope NT makes note of that fact, hell, make it into a little funny moment where Dante's ****ed off at Vergil for living a good life while he was getting tortured. Anyway, I hope Vergil does develop a sort of "Maniacal" side and act like Mitsunari from Sengoku Basara, going into a blind rage at Dante and just drop his iaito swiftness in cutting, and just go insane with that sword style.

All in all, I kind of give this Vergil this;

Character: 7/10
Appearance: 9/10
katana: 6/10

I know this is a bit of a shock to some since I love everything DmC and all but, hey I have cons too.^_^

Kammosjuttu

DragonMaster: Maybe Dante's initial hesitancy towards the Order and Vergil stems from the fact he is a bit envious and upset about the fact that Vergil lived in riches while Dante went through a hell. So taking that into an account, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they had a quarrel over it. Dante could even put the statement of "I've been looking for you" under questioning, like; sure Vergil would've been able to find him sooner? But yes, it would actually be fun to see them go through all that.

DragonMaster2010

DragonMaster: Maybe Dante's initial hesitancy towards the Order and Vergil stems from the fact he is a bit envious and upset about the fact that Vergil lived in riches while Dante went through a hell. So taking that in account, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they had a quarrel over it. Dante could even put the statement of "I've been looking for you" under questioning, like; sure Vergil would've been able to find him sooner? But yes, it would actually be fun to see them go through all that.

Yeah, I just think that should be adressed at some point of the game.

Dante: "While I was getting my ass kicked by sh*tty demons, you were sitting on a 2000 dollar chair, eating scones and sipping expensive tea?!!":mad::mad::mad:

Vergil: "Yeah, pretty much."^_^

Dante:
images

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
...............geez reading this entire thread took almost an entire hour......heeeehhhhhhh....no comment. If Vergil is playable then this makes the game more worth while....just hope his gameplay mechanics is at least worth it and not crappy bc NT was too busy perfecting Dante's.

DragonMaster2010

...............geez reading this entire thread took almost an entire hour......heeeehhhhhhh....no comment. If Vergil is playable then this makes the game more worth while....just hope his gameplay mechanics is at least worth it and not crappy bc NT was too busy perfecting Dante's.

Or worse; Just Vergil's gameplay from DMC3.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The old yamato is not just a katana.Perhaps all of you know that it's an O-katana.
What's the difference?
An O-katana is lighter,longer and superior for the cutting power because the blade was forged differently.In a real life,an o-katana is not as tough as the original katana because an O-katana was designed for techniques such as battojutsu,(Sword drawing)and one hit techniques.I held one before,and it would definitely gonna be my weapon if there will be a zombie apocalypse,but If a european long sword collides with an O-katana, it will be broken horribly.Still that depends on the wielder, of course.

Still waiting for his gameplay.That's what all matters for now.
I just hope the gameplay will be at least similar to this:
1:51

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hey, does anyone remember new Dante? Anyone?

Can anyone draw any similarities between what happened when he first appeared and what's happening in this thread?

Prizes of cookies if you can...

But seriously, guys, I know this is a big deal for some of you and I can, up to a point, understand it. However, when I log in and find no less than 22 reported items from this thread alone waiting for me, I kind of start to lose the sympathy, kk? And when a lot of that is just arguing about unrelated stuff then it's a bit...what's the word?...well I'm sure there is one but I'd have to report myself if I used it.

Long story short - try to keep it nice between you guys. If you can't, you know what to do - use block, ignore and report where absolutely necessary. Or, if you want to continue a conversation then feel free to use our fabulous PM function. No one is being called out here before anybody gets upset - just take a look over the last 15 pages and anyone can see what I'm on about.

You guys are great so don't mess that up - carry on, please.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
On the subject of Vergils katana and fighting mechanics, I hope they keep the style that Vergil use to use. I can't remember the name of it but it's when he actually uses the katanas sheath as an attacking method. Also the actual blade attacks should be long range and large area of effect like the old yamato, maybe have some move similar to judgement cut.

On the guns side from what I saw he don't have any so that's a button that can be used for anything. Summoned swords maybe. Or another combo button to really show Vergils experience with yamato, could be combos based more on long range attacks with yamato. But if he does have guns, I won't be too happy. Unless they are VASTLY different from Dante's to at least give variation from the two, and make for more gameplay approaches.

Since DmC is supposedly more air attack based I would like to see what they try with Vergil in the air. Also if his DT is the same or different in some way could be interesting.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
On the subject of Vergils katana and fighting mechanics, I hope they keep the style that Vergil use to use. I can't remember the name of it but it's when he actually uses the katanas sheath as an attacking method. Also the actual blade attacks should be long range and large area of effect like the old yamato, maybe have some move similar to judgement cut.

On the guns side from what I saw he don't have any so that's a button that can be used for anything. Summoned swords maybe. Or another combo button to really show Vergils experience with yamato, could be combos based more on long range attacks with yamato. But if he does have guns, I won't be too happy. Unless they are VASTLY different from Dante's to at least give variation from the two, and make for more gameplay approaches.

Since DmC is supposedly more air attack based I would like to see what they try with Vergil in the air. Also if his DT is the same or different in some way could be interesting.

Its Iaido I believe. And Yamato was an O-Katana in DMC3. This Yamato looks like a standard size katana, which would make sense in this universe. O-Katana's are very long and I dont know if that would fit this Vergil.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Its Iaido I believe. And Yamato was an O-Katana in DMC3. This Yamato looks like a standard size katana, which would make sense in this universe. O-Katana's are very long and I dont know if that would fit this Vergil.

I think it would fit him.This vergil looks exactly like gilver in terms of clothing.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I second that. DmC totally feels like an alien game. Finally making up their and calling it a reboot was just a way to lessen the fanrage.
Where have you been for the past 2 years? They have stated that it was a reboot, reimagining, retelling, alternate universe, etc but one thing that has been known from the start is that DmC exists in a different sphere than DMC. It's the anti-dmc camp that refuses to understand this as they keep comparing the looks and personalities of the characters in DmC to those in DMC.

Preachings. Why is it always for the so-called "haters"?
I don't expect you to believe me but the "haters" have been much more unreasonable than the fanboys.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Where have you been for the past 2 years? They have stated that it was a reboot, reimagining, retelling, alternate universe, etc but one thing that has been known from the start is that DmC exists in a different sphere than DMC. It's the anti-dmc camp that refuses to understand this as they keep comparing the looks and personalities of the characters in DmC to those in DMC.
Dude, it was NOT stated to be a reboot from the start. They were having a confusion as what to call it- An origin story or the alternate universe **** or the reboot of the whole franchise. I'm not gonna help you with 'evidences' that it was not the ANTI-DmC camp that caused the confusion, but NT/Capcom. If you need them, search around the DmC section of the forum. You'll find some threads and links to different articles providing you the hard-to-swallow facts.

I don't expect you to believe me but the "haters" have been much more unreasonable than the fanboys.
On a site like YouTube, Yes. But here?No. Turn back a few pages and you'll see who's having a hard time comprehending the fact that people don't think the same way as you do.

Top Bottom