• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So this guy at 4Chan claims he tested the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess for me, its cause this guy feels like an underling rather than him being a big bad.

Mundus should be like Darkseid from DC or megatron from transformers prime or Dr.Doom from marvel.
Not some common minion.

Reactions: DFM

Kammosjuttu

Ok, I’m lazy and don’t read all the posts here… but:
Hoho, I’ve never heard of 4chan nor know what it is, but after reading this post I’m laughing at its ridiculousness. Funny how people seem to take this as a truth somewhere --- when bits and pieces of this are scattered around without telling where it comes from it really makes one wonder what the heck is going on and what is this supposed to mean. One can only guess what kind of expression was on my face when I idly read what was written in the YouTube comments; people were actually discussing about these things in a serious way and making more theories based on them. It seemed like fake, and after reading this thread to the point as I read it, it most certainly is fake.

But some parts made me amused anyway, as if I was told a joke that was so weird it was fun. So, yeah, whatever rumors they spread and how funnily people answer to them, I won’t feel angry over it. It’s much more delightful to just lean back on the chair and enjoy the show in front of your eyes.

Gbraga

Ok, I’m lazy and don’t read all the posts here… but:
Hoho, I’ve never heard of 4chan nor know what it is, but after reading this post I’m laughing at its ridiculousness. Funny how people seem to take this as a truth somewhere --- when bits and pieces of this are scattered around without telling where it comes from it really makes one wonder what the heck is going on and what is this supposed to mean. One can only guess what kind of expression was on my face when I idly read what was written in the YouTube comments; people were actually discussing about these things in a serious way and making more theories based on them. It seemed like fake, and after reading this thread to the point as I read it, it most certainly is fake.

But some parts made me amused anyway, as if I was told a joke that was so weird it was fun. So, yeah, whatever rumors they spread and how funnily people answer to them, I won’t feel angry over it. It’s much more delightful to just lean back on the chair and enjoy the show in front of your eyes.
He did got the control scheme right, Mundus' presence, the fact that you can air dodge, the white wig part, the pier being destroyed and Dante being blamed, the hunter demon and d-pad for weapon switching.

Kammosjuttu

He did got the control scheme right, Mundus' presence, the fact that you can air dodge, the white wig part, the pier being destroyed and Dante being blamed, the hunter demon and d-pad for weapon switching.

Was his sayings posted in the net before the trailers, interviews and such or after? But even that aside, some of the info was easy to guess or already available, and some parts, like the wig thing, are something I haven't noticed to be there. It's either me being blind or the thing's made up. (And it very well could be me missing info, I'm not denying that).

But whatever the case is, to me it seems a bit fishy. The way it's represented and the amount of it. I don't speak as my words are carved to stone and are the ultimate truth, but at least for now I don't buy his talk. If it so would happen that what he said is true, then so be it and I'll admit I was wrong regarding this, but for now I untypically for myself am going to take this rather coldly, i.e. treat it as if it is mere rumor not to be taken seriously. At this point I really don't mind what I read, because the game's going to be released this year and then I can see everything for myself. I've been waiting it to come out since 2010 when the first trailer was released, and this little time left isn't much compared to all the time that has passed since the debut. But about it, are the speculations in the net nonsense or not, they still manage to humor people, including me. It's not bad to let the imagination run wild once in a while, it's an another story only if a lie tries to wear the clothes of truth.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Was his sayings posted in the net before the trailers, interviews and such or after? But even that aside, some of the info was easy to guess or already available, and some parts, like the wig thing, are something I haven't noticed to be there. It's either me being blind or the thing's made up. (And it very well could be me missing info, I'm not denying that).

But whatever the case is, to me it seems a bit fishy. The way it's represented and the amount of it. I don't speak as my words are carved to stone and are the ultimate truth, but at least for now I don't buy his talk. If it so would happen that what he said is true, then so be it and I'll admit I was wrong regarding this, but for now I untypically for myself am going to take this rather coldly, i.e. treat it as if it is mere rumor not to be taken seriously. At this point I really don't mind what I read, because the game's going to be released this year and then I can see everything for myself. I've been waiting it to come out since 2010 when the first trailer was released, and this little time left isn't much compared to all the time that has passed since the debut. But about it, are the speculations in the net nonsense or not, they still manage to humor people, including me. It's not bad to let the imagination run wild once in a while, it's an another story only if a lie tries to wear the clothes of truth.
well his sayings emerged before the trailers since this thread was made 3 to maybe 5 days before the captivate trailer and gameplay i think. oh and the white wig thing is not in the trailers or gameplay it was told in the preview that at a certain cutscene a wig flies over and lands on dantes head due to the wind and he looks in the mirror and says not in a million years.

Kammosjuttu

well his sayings emerged before the trailers since this thread was made 3 to maybe 5 days before the captivate trailer and gameplay i think. oh and the white wig thing is not in the trailers or gameplay it was told in the preview that at a certain cutscene a wig flies over and lands on dantes head due to the wind and he looks in the mirror and says not in a million years.

Hmm, I do get your point there. But about this preview, how many have actually seen it and can confirm it? Whilst the wig thing with the remark of "not in a million years" is rather funny, and might sit in, some other parts of the claimed happenings are a bit less so... and isn't it a tad odd that a mere preview/test play/etc. would drown you in so much information? The game has been hiding its story in a very protective way and if everything was laid out in front of the players' eyes right from the start wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose or something? But I don't really know. And to stubbornly add, some things what he said about the gameplay's feeling went against the general opinion, but that could all be just him taking it differently. People experience things differently. And by the way, I don't really know how these things work, but aren't the test players under the obligation of not spilling too much information to the audience...? Like professional confidentiality or something? Well, whatever the case is, it really isn't that big of a deal. And since I am on the move with very little information and I've got no evidence, I might be making a fool out of myself.... :/ I'm sorry.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Hmm, I do get your point there. But about this preview, how many have actually seen it and can confirm it? Whilst the wig thing with the remark of "not in a million years" is rather funny, and might sit in, some other parts of the claimed happenings are a bit less so... and isn't it a tad odd that a mere preview/test play/etc. would drown you in so much information? The game has been hiding its story in a very protective way and if everything was laid out in front of the players' eyes right from the start wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose or something? But I don't really know. And to stubbornly add, some things what he said about the gameplay's feeling went against the general opinion, but that could all be just him taking it differently. People experience things differently. And by the way, I don't really know how these things work, but aren't the test players under the obligation of not spilling too much information to the audience...? Like professional confidentiality or something? Well, whatever the case is, it really isn't that big of a deal. And since I am on the move with very little information and I've got no evidence, I might be making a fool out of myself.... :/ I'm sorry.
first off dont be sorry and i can give you the link to the preview site but there are maybe five and i would have to read through them again to find the one that said about the wig scene but i will find it and give you the link :) and i can assure you ive read it and many others even on this thread you can find people talking about it. about the test players under obligation to not spill out information, they arent going out and publically telling people about the game they are doing it on the internet with a random username than their real name and its not like game companies got eyes on them 24/7 they are at the privacy of their home and everybody likes to leak news out nowadays because they want people to know how good the game is and some do it to get internet praise maybe even some people in game companies leak news too thats why images and trailers of games get leaked someone on the inside is on it oh and to answer the last thing this preview dosent have alot of info its not that much its onl from first few missions i guess they might be 2 or 3 missions since ign said it was a 25 min demo.

tailikeswaffles

Sooo guys....remember Nero?
Remember how everyone is so CERTAIN that he's Vergil's son.
Nope.
Apparently he's Mundus and Lilith's son so if the speculation about the sex scene with Mundus and Lilith is true...uh...well, there ya go.

AngelMode

Sigh... The fact of the matter is that this guy got A LOT of things right before any of it had ever come out to the light (most of it appeared at Captivate and some others were confirmed by some people that were there). My guess is that he did see some of these things but then he got carried away and started throwing a bunch of assumptions. If NT was ever going to reveal how Mundus looks like in demo then they are stupidly giving too much away to a regular Joe playing the game. No, I believe the Mundus part (and some of it beforehand) to be wrong, NT is not that stupid to reveal major plot scenes like these so early in a regular demo.

LOL

somekidfromthe90's

I kinda like the concept of Mundus being a fat ugly dude. Maybe this also fallls in to the satiric element of DmC. Hear me out: maybe Mundus is like a filthy rich tycoon that exploits his consumers and stuff and does all these illegal activities ,much like the real world versions of yuppies and tycoons, AND he can also transform into his true demon form as well?

Nelo_Vergil

I kinda like the concept of Mundus being a fat ugly dude. Maybe this also fallls in to the satiric element of DmC. Hear me out: maybe Mundus is like a filthy rich tycoon that exploits his consumers and stuff and does all these illegal activities ,much like the real world versions of yuppies and tycoons, AND he can also transform into his true demon form as well?

with that explanation

maybe mundus is capcom!!!!!!!

somekidfromthe90's

11831d1337114660t-only-bronies-xd-mother-god-meme-240x180.jpg

that might ACTUALLY be true!

AngelMode

Can't be. If Capcom was Mundus they would have never allowed NT to do something like that to reveal their true identity.

On to the actual topic, all I know is that if I see Vergil talking about how Kat was captured by Mundus and see a fat man with a symbol on his head on E3, then I will be like "oh come on! I already knew this!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom