• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF9000000Returns

There's no problem expressing your opinion and It's not about having one, it's how you EXPRESS IT! Period point freaking blank! That's the problem with this fanbase.

Ya see, there were(and still are) some people who kept wrongfully comparing DmC's universe to the original universe, and act like Tameem's opinion on Dante was like a tragedy event. He said it in a polite manner. He didn't go like "Oh, old Dante is starting to be a corny ass b*tch so let it go losers and learn to like our Dante", all he said was " sometimes what was cool then ain't cool anymore", and he said it politely AND respectfully. If anything, the fans caused the controversy, NOT TAMEEM! Plus do yall remember that 4chan fabrications about the "Vergilsaurus" and the Gamefaqs one about the fake ending? Yeah, that's why I sympathize with the TC that sometimes we should be grateful that Capcom decided to give the original games a break and go a new road. Sure, it wasn't needed and I agree(after all I was also one of the haters too back then), but maybe that was all DMC needed, innovation.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I felt DMC only needed a reboot since Capcom seemed unwilling to actually sit down and clean up the messy continuity they created. Its messy sure but its not unfixable.
That... is entirely up for debate, since I could write a retcon fixing the storyline right now (in fact, I've written a vague outline of it in the past) and people will still disagree with it.

For example, people still can't accept the fact that Nero is Vergil's son even though it was in the novel and in the official DMC art book.

Not saying they're wrong, but maybe that's why Capcom decided to say "**** it," and just redo the whole thing over again since fans would have complained anyway, only on a (slightly) smaller scale.

And not even that much smaller, since the amount of people who complain about Nero being Vergil's son are more-or-less the same amount that complain about DmC.

That's my estimate from my own personal experience, anyway. I can't give stats because it would be nearly impossible to do. The best I could do is give a link to a thread complaining about Nero, and that just wouldn't be enough for most people.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC gets more grief than it deserves. I'd understand the hate if it was a sh!tty game but, it's like totally not.

Still not personally my favorite in the series because I still play DMC 1 and 3 to this day but, I wanted a good fun game to play.

And the game is some good hack n slashy fun. Good for me.

I really think all those people who condemned it out of the gate and refused to give it a shot from the start are really just missing out. It's still head and shoulders above most action games out there and also does some things that even surpass the originals.

Not everything of course but, DMC doesn't do everything right. Whether I would get a DmC 2 or a DMC 5. I'd want things in DmC incorporated in to future installments regardless because it does have great ideas and things to it that has the foundations of the greatest Devil May Cry ever.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd want things in DmC incorporated in to future installments regardless because it does have great ideas and things to it that has the foundations of the greatest Devil May Cry ever.
What the haters would say in response:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What the haters would say in response:

Well, feelings mutual when people tell me DMC 4 is actually a good game.

People act like DmC is the insult. DMC 4 is the real goddamn insult. There's no excuse for making such a lazy piece of crap after reinvigorating the franchise with 3.

I think as a fan of this franchise I shouldn't make excuses trying to justify the bullsh!t. I call it out.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Overall, it's fine if you don't like DmC. You don't have to like anything you have no interest in.

I just get annoyed by the fanatical fans who act like liking DmC is taboo and consistently bash something without any real reason especially when most have never played it and can't make up their own opinion on the thing.

Being a fan of DmC doesn't make me a real fan of Devil May Cry it seems. Even though I've been playing since the inception. :ermm: Whatever man.

IncarnatedDemon

I am not grateful. I hope a talented writer who is a DMC fan gets job to write script for a Vergil or Trish game.
A writer that tries to repair the damage that exists within the story, and will try to explain to us why Vergil acts like he does.

I am no writer but i thought of a way to explain why Vergil is so obsessed with power (DMC 3 Vergil that is):
The night Eva was murdered, Dante refused to run away, but Vergil didn´t hesitate much.
He trembled in fear, and he ran away like a coward.

Then later the demon that killed Eva tracks him down and taunts him and takes Vergil pride away. The demon has the corpse of Eva with him, and he makes taunts like "Look at what i did to your mother"
"Your the momma boy out of the two sons of Sparda arent you? Your mother must loved you alot"
the demon licks Eva´s corpse and continues "Are you not going to save your dear mother boy? Attack me."
With fear in his heart he attacks, but the demon taunts him again by stepping on Vergil´s head.
The demon throws away Eva´s corpse. And tells Vergil "I will let you run away".
"Do you want to run away?"
Vergil is no match for him, the demon is to strong.
Just a idea i have. I know DMC3 manga makes it look completely messed up, but i tend to not care for manga.

Anyway, enjoy this video:

Meg

Overall, it's fine if you don't like DmC. You don't have to like anything you have no interest in.

I just get annoyed by the fanatical fans who act like liking DmC is taboo and consistently bash something without any real reason especially when most have never played it and can't make up their own opinion on the thing.

Being a fan of DmC doesn't make me a real fan of Devil May Cry it seems. Even though I've been playing since the inception. :ermm: Whatever man.
Right. But the OP made it sound like all DMC fans should be so thankful that DmC exists. That I don't understand. And to say that DmC shouldn't be considered unwanted is ridiculous. A lot of people did not want them game when it was announced. A lot of people still don't. Considering how the game sold half of what DMC4 sold shows that a lot of DMC fans do not want this game, nor are we grateful for it.

People can like and be grateful for DmC all they want. I'm glad Devil May Cry fans, new and old, got a game they really like. But that doesn't make this thread's message any less ridiculous. Despite the mood on the forums lately, some of us really love DMC4 and Dante.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Problem is, everyone that tells you the story in DMC had potential for more...is not a real DMC(Story)fan,they are DMC(gameplay) fans. People that don't really CARE about the story, as long as they have cool combos. They are fine with the most stupid excuse for Dante coming back to do badass stuff

Then there's the people that actually think Bayonetta is a deep cool charater that represents women accurately...we don't speak to them

Combos in DmC can improve with some japanese help...the story in DMC can't be saved...it's dead Jim and it's been dead since DMC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom