• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour/News: Ninja Theory Working on Devil May Cry 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Not withput proper explanations,he won't.And just to finaly offer my opinion on Nero,yes he was a stupid adition considering the story he got.Random kid,saving his lover and oh!He's got SOME connection to Sparda and the twins.And just to do a favour to the fans,put Dante in.All in all,major trolling by our good man,Hiroyuki Kobayashi,now known as Kobacross.

If Nero was given a proper backstory before this pathetic attempt to make the story look like MGS,he would be accepted by the majority...I guess.Should Capcom continue using him though,without any proper backstory or origins,he is doomed to fail,unfortunately.

PS : Kobacross,you just gained an enemy.Ain't that right DT?

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;214997 said:
Mass damage my ass. Nero was a fine addition to the series, and should stay.

Fine addition my ass. Like Devil May Cry wasn't full of questions and puzzles already and lo and behold, they brought us a new character with no backstory, which apparently has some connection to Sparda and the twins. Marvelous, isn't It.

If It wasn't for the last-minute-addition of Dante, the game would be doomed to fail.

Meg

I agree with both of you! I liked the addition of Nero, but I hated the lack of any details or back story. it was so out of the blue and didn't fit with anything else. DMC5 has some serious explaining to do.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Had Dante been the playable charater in Mission 20 (DMC4) I'd have kicked Sanctus' butt by now...
Having one gun sucks...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
nero was fun to play as and the romantic story was a refreshing change. but nero's lack of a backstory is a major flaw. before moving events forward all the mysterys need to be cleared up. nero's origin more than any other. otherwise nero will end up like lucia ( a good concept compleatly ruined by bad story decisions.)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
darkslayer13;215101 said:
nero will end up like lucia ( a good concept compleatly ruined by bad story decisions.)

There's no freakin' way Nero could end up like that terrible excuse for a character! Nero, suffice it to say, IS DEVIL MAY CRY. So relax with all of the Nero bashing. It won't look good when Nero turns out to be more badass than Dante. It'll have you looking more ridiculous than the guy that said, "Batman could never be a successful series of movies."

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
HQQR - Solid;215588 said:
Nero, suffice it to say, IS DEVIL MAY CRY."

When did that happen:lol:
No seriously, WHEN did that happen? o_O
I mean the last time i looked, Dante had appeared in 4 DMC games and Nero one... so in my book Dante IS DMC.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
HQQR - Solid;215588 said:
There's no freakin' way Nero could end up like that terrible excuse for a character! Nero, suffice it to say, IS DEVIL MAY CRY. So relax with all of the Nero bashing. It won't look good when Nero turns out to be more badass than Dante. It'll have you looking more ridiculous than the guy that said, "Batman could never be a successful series of movies."

Ok....Nero ISN"T DMC...at least not yet.As for how Nero will turn out...Lucia could be a stretch but it isn't impossible.As explained before,the series supervisor,excecutive producer and many others on the DMC and Sengoku Basara project,Hiroyuki Kobayaki[Kobacross] loves to troll...not to mention he doesn't give a damn to what happens to the characters outside the games.The answer to why Bingo goes crazy,random people are left to sort out the fathom of DMC etc.And remember this is Capcom.

Ps : What the hell?Who said that about Batman?If any movie was bad it would be with Mr.Freeze...only because the others were far better.If anything,Batman and vigilantes,[or in his case]heroes of this type are perfect for live action movies.[Something Hollywood doesn't seem to understand...at all.]

Keaton

Premium
I think this is possibly the best move Capcom can make.
A new developer could bring alot of fresh ideas to a tired series, it could spell the end of the series too, but I somehow don't think Capcom would allow that.

Devil May Cry 4 was great as a stand-alone title, but in the history of its series its let down by not allowing the user to get ANY new information. Nero was a plus in my eyes, having a character that doesn't play like Dante is a relief and freshened up the majority of the game, when playing as Dante again you were able to appreciate his greater depth of combat in comparison to Nero. But, that's where the bonus ends, Devil May Cry 5 needs to answer some questions and bring back many of the elements that made the series so great originally!

The fans want to know what happened to Vergil following the conclusion of Devil May Cry 3 and the beginning of Devil May Cry 1, also thereafter. Fans want to know what happened to Sparda...is he Nero, is he someone exploring Space and Time like some kind of Blue-Box using Lord, or did he split himself in two to become Dante and Vergil =p

Who knows. Well, Capcom do.

I think any sequel to DMC4 needs to answer more questions that it raises plus it needs to give fans far more motivation to play it, if its going to me more 'filler' stories then I can't see it doing too well.

BUT, if Ninja Theory can revive it, freshen up the game while keeping some of the older (classic) mechanics in tact...well, I think we'll have a fantastic title! Devil May Cry (as a series) certainly has the potential to pull off something magnificent again ;)

Besides, I think Sparda is like Doctor Who, he regenerated into Patty Rowell, she'll return in DMC5 and kick everyone's ass! =p /jk

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
if the game is in the hands of another development company....EXCITING!!!

it will either be

a life desroying game of heaven.....or trash:dry:

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Devil Bane;215597 said:
Ok....Nero ISN"T DMC...at least not yet.As for how Nero will turn out...Lucia could be a stretch but it isn't impossible.As explained before,the series supervisor,excecutive producer and many others on the DMC and Sengoku Basara project,Hiroyuki Kobayaki[Kobacross] loves to troll...not to mention he doesn't give a damn to what happens to the characters outside the games.The answer to why Bingo goes crazy,random people are left to sort out the fathom of DMC etc.And remember this is Capcom.

Ps : What the hell?Who said that about Batman?If any movie was bad it would be with Mr.Freeze...only because the others were far better.If anything,Batman and vigilantes,[or in his case]heroes of this type are perfect for live action movies.[Something Hollywood doesn't seem to understand...at all.]

Devil Bane, why the hell dont you use spaces after your punctuations?!

I have played Heavenly Sword and I thought it was a pretty good action game. It was very short and the combat wasnt nearly as deep as a DMC game, but it did have some interesting ideas. Not to mention, it had the best facial animations I've ever seen in a game. So, I believe that as long as they dont loose the features that make DMC what it is, then they can probably make a fantastic DMC5. Of course, DMC4 had some pretty big changes and alot of fans cried, so I dont know how well it will be recieved by the fanbase. As for me, if the rumors are true I'll be very excited to see what this new developer can do with my favorite franchise. That doesnt mean I wont be a little nervous, too. :D

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
just leave him alone

he does noones bidding he can do what ever he likes with his punctuation just like u and me and everyone else

Keaton

Premium
demon genral;215638 said:
just leave him alone

he does noones bidding he can do what ever he likes with his punctuation just like u and me and everyone else

Agreed. BUT it is important for posts to be readable to allow people to get the most from them. But its upto the poster, not another user to tell them ^_o

Anyway, on topic ifyouplease.

I think this could be a good move for Capcom and Devil May Cry as a series. @Devil Bane, I'm fairly certain that Capcom MUST have an idea of what's going to happen, afterall every story implementation has related back to the root theme at some point. Everything in the games has been a mimic or mirroring of Sparda.

For example.

Devil May Cry 1, Dante defeats/seals Mundus away.
Devil May Cry 2, Dante helps Matiers prodigy and takes a journey into hell.
Devil May Cry 3, Dante enters the Temi-ni-gru and (finishes off) blinding Beowolf, before sealing the structure
Devil May Cry 4, Dante goes to Fortuna and helps the citizens from a calamity (which presumably Sparda did), plus on the side, Nero realises Demonic Power and fights for Love (as did Sparda)

These events are glued together by Sparda, so it only seems logical that the next game will give us an answer, or at least suggest to us that Capcom know the answer. ^^

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
DMC5...The game come full circle and back to Sparda... hopefully.
And Nero is Vergil's son... :sick: (somehow, i have a very nasty feeling that it is going to happen...)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Nero being Vergil's son is the only reason I could think of for having Nero related to Sparda. If he was Dante's son, i'd feel sorry for the guy. Plus I doubt Sparda had some long lost relatives, though the Sparda reincarnated into Nero is an awesome idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom