• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour/News: Ninja Theory Working on Devil May Cry 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
Just a rumour, but well worth a posting ;)

http://kotaku.com/5515819/heavenly-sword-devs-working-on-devil-may-cry-5

Kotaku said:
According to a site transcribing something from the latest of Game Informer (we know, we know), Heavenly Sword developers Ninja Theory have been put to work by Capcom on a fifth Devil May Cry game.

"Loose Talk has learned that Enslaved isn't the only game Ninja Theory is working on-we've heard that the Cambridge, England developer is being tapped for the next Devil May Cry", the magazine's rumour section is reported to have penned.

"It is not totally unexpected, however; Capcom has said that although it is shying away from Western developer for new IP, it would continue to utilize them for known franchises, which DMC certainly is."

That second point is key, especially in light of the use of Swedish developers for Bionic Commando and a Canadian studio for Dead Rising 2.

There is a chance this rumour is complete crap. Then again, with a big Capcom press event kicking off in Hawaii on Tuesday, it's certainly interesting timing.

I've yet to play Heavenly Sword, but it certainly looked pretty impressive. Seems about right for timing though, we were expecting a reveal at E3 this year...so the announcement of new Dev's would coincide with it pretty neatly.

But, DMC does suffer ALOT of faux-announcements and pranks, so please take with a pinch of salt, atleast until we can confirm ;).

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I was going to say, why isn't Capcom working on DMC5?

Will DMC5 really be any good put in the hands of another developer?

I don't have a PS3 so i haven't played Heavenly Sword.

Seems strange to me.

EDIT: Hang on... does this mean Capcom won't be the only ones to blame if the series gets messed up if Nero is Vergil's son??

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I don't think Capcom care about the fans...

Also, why put it in the hands of an English developer?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies.

I could go on but I won't.Don't forget people.Who is the MASTER CHIEF of the Devil May Cry project ever since 3?Kobayashi.And he is the TROLL.Hell,he could easily give trolling lessons to the internet trolls.A grain of salt is to much.

However,just and only to have the pleasure of trolling the entire fanbase,he might do that...

Aw,who am I kidding?It's Koba.He will troll us,but making the mistake of DMC2[as fans call it]?I seriously doubt it.Being head of the DMC department and the Sengoku BASARA department,he already made a blunder with Devil Kings.Ever since he might be trolling but no more stupidities[major that is...].

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
If they do go with developing it in Cambridge I will be able to stalk/protest/annoy the developers! Hurrah! :p

Sparda™

Better this way.

Also, I think we won't be getting Nero, and the chances for Vergil to show up are higher. Interesting.

Now, all that is needed, is a teaser trailer.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I might join you Eb.

Like i said before... I'm not completely experienced with Capcom... so i don't know what they are truely like...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Believe me VB,those who know about it suffer much...And I'm not talking about their measly post in EU and US[although it sounds ludicrous],but the actual japanese HQ.And it's not pleasant.Also I suggest you all get ready for Koba's epic troll attacks.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
News on Koba's troll attack : SB3 : Samurai Heroes has Kotaro playable[yeaz] and unfortunately another pair of NPCs...one of them Ujimasa-dontrememberhisnamebutnottheoldman.To make this story short and understandable : Koba gave the fans their wish,but his troll attack as the price to pay was far greater...[not for though as I love bad@$$ Ninja Kotaro]

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Maybe...depends on how much he loves the characters too and what he wants...at least with Sengoku Basara it works...

Meg

Something's rotten in the state of DMC! (Free balloon to whoever knows what that is referring to.)

I'm not sure about this. I mean Game Informer is a big magazine, so I can't imagine them going off of just a rumor. there has to be some truth to it. maybe. anyway, i haven't played heavenly sword, but it got good reviews and enslaved looks interesting so its probably not a bad choice of developers.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero better be in the next game or I'm gonna be ****ed. I could care less about Vergil, I just want to know exactly WHY Nero is what he is. Him being Vergil's son or being a reincarnated Sparda are both WAYYYY out of line...

meg127;214742 said:
Something's rotten in the state of DMC! (Free balloon to whoever knows what that is referring to.)

I'm not sure about this. I mean Game Informer is a big magazine, so I can't imagine them going off of just a rumor. there has to be some truth to it. maybe. anyway, i haven't played heavenly sword, but it got good reviews and enslaved looks interesting so its probably not a bad choice of developers.
ofcourse DMC4 got good reviews too but the fact was something else o_O , I rather capcoms developers :mad:

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
meg127;214742 said:

Yup,something's rotten in the kingdom of Denmark-er,I mean,the company of Cr@pcom.

Anyway let's leave Shakespeare alone for a minute[same goes for you mr. Hamlet] and let's see : it's true that two games are now developed by non-capcom studios[namely Dead rising 2 and some other I forget...],but none of them are in the TOP 5 GAMES OF CapCom[at the moment at least...].Currently things go like this[I don't know the particular order,but I know the games or rather franchises] :

Devil May Cry
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil
Sengoku Basara[as of last year,when SB : Battle Heroes came out]
Megaman
the fifth is a tie between Street Fighter and Ace Autorney[Since up until last summer SF was pretty dead...]

I seriously doubt they are gona do such a thing.I say currently the chances are 80% that Capcom does develop it.If it's the Basara studio even better.If however things are as bad as I imagine...prepare for Heavenly Devil May Cry Sword.[Not a bad thing...at least let Capcom do the story not like in DMC2 were it was random Capcom studios trying to figure out a story.]

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No. Devil May Cry should stay as Devil May Cry, not a Heavenly Sword clone. If it turns into a Devil May Cry/Heavenly Sword cross I'll freaking buy it just to snap the disk in half. They better just do it right and do it like DMC1 and DMC3.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^We have to wait for now...The article said this saturday a press conference is in...in Hawaii?I seriously doubt it's about DMC being developed by Ninja Theory.They would have done it in England instead.Maybe it's for Dead Rising 2...

Just saw Ninja Theory's New game : Enslaved...I'm amazed at two things :

1.)The executive producer is named Antoniades?Greek origins?
2.)Enslaved and especialy Monkey,are a "copy" of the old yet loveable "Journey to the West" or simply "Saiyuki".Monkey is Son Goku[the one that Dragonball character is bassed of,for more info check his history or see Minekura Kazuya's manga also entitled Saiyuki.]

Now...taking Heavenly Sword in account...Them developing some game for Capocm would be pretty good I guess...just not any of the top fives.

Meg

Devil Bane;214752 said:
Yup,something's rotten in the kingdom of Denmark-er,I mean,the company of Cr@pcom.

*hands deflated balloon* what? I never said you were getting a nice balloon. :p Anyway, i feel like any rumor that starts to circle that came from who knows where is a bad one. this is up there with portal 2 being released on ps3 despite no comment from the developers. I guess we just have to wait and see...*gets tired of waiting* DARN IT CAPCOM SPIT IT OUT! WHAT'S HAPPENING? Agh! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom