• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour/News: Ninja Theory Working on Devil May Cry 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i played a demo of hevenly sword and it was fun. if dmc gets a few HS elements i think i whould be okay. dmc is dmc even dmc2 is still technicly an okay game. a few changes whouldn't ruin the series. if done right the next game could be the best. ( even if nero is revealed as vergils son)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just found this...

Heavenly Sword May Cry?According to the rumourmill Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory may be brought in by Capcom to work on the next Devil May Cry game.

The suggestion was first made by U.S. mag Game Informer and fits Capcom's new policy of giving established franchises to Western studios and leaving the creation of new games to Japan.

Still, Ninja Theory are really going to have to up their game if this is true.

I heard Heard HS was rubbish... but, hey, that's what I heard.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I heard H?Not sure what that means...but if that's true,it would so God-awfull to leave DMC,SB and probably Megaman in the hands of other than their,still very active,"fathers"[not excactly in DMC's case] since they to want to continue their series much.I remember that Inafune is shying away from the Megaman games because Capcom does not want him to develop any Megaman games and instead focus on completely new games,despite his wishes to continue some Megaman series that the fans[and himself] want to end properly and nicely.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I heard H is where my computer got possessed and posted without my permission...

I heard Heard HS was rubbish... but, hey, that's what I heard.

(That was it's full sentence)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
meg127;214805 said:
*hands deflated balloon* what? I never said you were getting a nice balloon. :p Anyway, i feel like any rumor that starts to circle that came from who knows where is a bad one. this is up there with portal 2 being released on ps3 despite no comment from the developers. I guess we just have to wait and see...*gets tired of waiting* DARN IT CAPCOM SPIT IT OUT! WHAT'S HAPPENING? Agh! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

A baloon?NO cookie?Anyway,I have cookies...I just want more...what's happening to Capcom is that Capcom is currently the most affected gaming company of Japana from the crisis[japan always had economical problems so they were prepared for what happened back then] and now it suffers.However due to the gianormous stupidity of the "heads" things go even worse.Guess they never learned anything from firing the entire Clover studio[read : now known as Platinum Games].

Sparda™

Heavenly Sword rubbish?

Where did you hear that? It's like a Devil May Cry meets God of War thing, with a female superhero. Solid combat system and amazing graphics.

I think Devil May Cry has a great chance of getting revived.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
^from the same place that i found the article that i posted this morning.

This bit here is what made me post it:

'Still, Ninja Theory are really going to have to up their game if this is true.'

Sparda™

That sentence refers to Devil May Cry being established as a solid franchise, compared to Heavenly Sword being released in 2007 and with a planned sequel to It.

That doesn't make Heavenly Sword rubbish.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Heavenly Sword sold a million copies, making Ninja Theory quite a lot of money, so evidently they can make good selling games, here's hoping they add a breath of life to the series.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
If that's gonna be done,at least do it properly.That means no original stories and nonsensical changes in character that are repaired in the last minute.

Long story short : Like Capcom does with dead rising,and has Inafune and some members of his team,to overlook the story details and the chracter development.If that happens I'm cool.

PS : HS is DMC meeting God of War?I had the impression it was classic wuxia fiction meeting Devil May Cry[hence no insane flying combat etc].My only grip?No sequel...yet.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ They don't plan on doing a sequel for HS sadly, despite the fact that it was an extremely well selling IP for them and did make them quite a bit of money, it didn't make them nearly enough for them to consider going ahead with a sequel, from what I recall, they barely broke even on it so I can't say I blame them.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
True.At least we will get a Saiyuki adventure from a western developer and by a EUropean on to boot.Yeah.Enslaved here I wait.

Zato-OW

King
Yeah I read this a few days ago. Capcom did say in the end of March that they had a huge announcement in April. I guess this has to be it. Oh well, all good things come to an end.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sparda™;214907 said:
I think Devil May Cry has a great chance of getting revived.

After reading this thread this line says it all for me! Thats all I care about. No matter who develops it some people will hate it and others will like it - as long as it's ALIVE I don't care - well maybe a bit, but you know what I mean?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Ebony;214941 said:
After reading this thread this line says it all for me! Thats all I care about. No matter who develops it some people will hate it and others will like it - as long as it's ALIVE I don't care - well maybe a bit, but you know what I mean?

This, pretty much.

Just so long as Nero isn't Vergil's son, I'm good with whatever the throw out there for the DMC fans to buy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I want a game that will stop all the Nero hating. Make Nero more badass and totally murder Dante or something. Something to stop that hating... I mean, Nero will never be a Vergil or a Dante clone, so I think the "He's stupid" talk should end. If you were nineteen, you'd act exactly like he was. In fact, he does everything I would've done... Just, he doesn't deserve it. The hate is completely unfounded. People are just butthurting because he supplanted Dante in one game.

Just to tick people off, and because it's my own personal opinion, DMC5 should be Nero only. There. Take that and smoke it. (Or, for those of you who don't smoke, shove it instead.)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
*Takes expensive cigar*

Sorry DT,

*Puts on shades,Horacio Kein style and throws the cigar*,I don't smoke.

And I have a policy against shoving stuff in parts of my body...however...I will say only one thing concerning the Dante,Nero and Vergil thing.

*Shows the North Dipper canstelation*

We need another new character.And a manly one that is.Kenshiro level if possible...ok,ok,Ein level or even Rei level is acceptible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom