• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rise of the Tomb Raider: Xbox One exclusive

Dark Drakan

Admin
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...-the-tomb-raider-is-a-timed-exclusive-on-xbox

It's a TIMED EXCLUSIVE. Therefore, Xbox showed us nothing at Gamescom. Lol

For me personally I was happy with what I saw, be it multi format or not, liking look of Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break & intrigued by new Halo & new service for it (& I'm not biggest Halo fan).

I wanted to hear more about new State of Decay (online) though but guess we have to wait for Undead Labs mobile game first. Screamride looked a laugh as well as some small indie titles here & there (always good harmless fun). It's the multi format blockbusters I'm most interested in however & the IPs I want are on Xbox too so I'm happy with that.

Wanted to see more of The Division too but think that new footage is coming soon. Hoping for a Fallout 4 reveal at some point along the line too. Was only handful of full exclusives announced for both consoles & most were timed or "first on" exclusives like Tomb Raider (Xbox), Hellblade (PS4), DayZ (PC/PS4) including No Mans Sky (PC/PS4) even though that was unveiled a while ago.

I'm actually kind of ashamed to say that the new CoD has intrigued me too... I know... I know :blush:. Had no interest at all but read some hands on previews & watched footage & it looks... Dare I say it... Half decent... Feel a little queazy after that admission. :vomit:

Usually don't like the "Who Won" videos (because gamers shouldn't care) but some footage I hadn't seen in the video & they didn't exactly go one way or another anyway.

Meg

This is really unfortunate news. While timed exclusives are better than nothing, considering that the game was originally announced for multiple systems, becoming an exclusive all of a sudden is really dirty. The PS4 and computer versions of the game HAD to be in production too. I wouldn't be surprised if work on all the versions of the game continue, but only the Xbox version gets released.

It is important to note that Crystal Dynamics doesn't really have a say in this. If people want to get mad, they should be mad at Square Enix only.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It is important to note that Crystal Dynamics doesn't really have a say in this. If people want to get mad, they should be mad at Square Enix only.

Yeah lots of the hate had been aimed at Crystal Dynamics & Microsoft but Square Enix have final say. Tomb Raider started on PC & then Sega Saturn & this was their next choice it seems for reasons we may never fully know. Was just reading this...

http://www.gamesradar.com/rise-tomb-raider-exclusivity-why-fan-outrage-unjustified/

Can understand it from both sides to be honest.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
@Super90sgamer I don't think he's just angry...he has got to be NUTS! (Love the hair). He has valid points (mainly if a console is doing badly, throw money at it. Although I can't see that solving the problems Nintendo has with the WiiU).

The third video. Of course Sony fans are going to applaud exclusives that Sony get... the clue is in the name, SONY FANS! And it's 'LARA' NOT 'LAURA'!

Even a few sympathetic Xbox owners have sworn allegiance to their gamer brethren, vowing not to purchase Rise of the Tomb Raider due to Microsoft and Square Enix's behavior.

Wow. I'd like to meet those gamers because that wasn't the attitude I was seeing from Xbox Fan-boys on Facebook yesterday (they were embarrassing).

I think they're planning to release the new Tomb Raider the same time as Uncharted 4 (that would explain why Microsoft would have a timed exclusive if they were 'pitting' them against each other).

As I see it, gamers (whatever 'side' they happen to be on) only want to be treated fairly and equally by the people who make our games and who we 'give the money to'. It's the 21st century for crying out loud, gamers shouldn't still be treated like :poop:.

Super90sgamer

Boogie2988 talks about why xbox one and playstation 4 exclusives, like watch dogs dlc and destiny dlc, or exclusive games that SHOULD be multiplatform like Rise of the Tomb Raider are bad for consumers.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Guys, this game is not gonna stay exclusive for long. I'm putting money on it. Square Enix will share this exclusivity like an easy wh0re. We're talking about Square. They start kicking they're bedroom and yell failure when their titles fail to sell an unrealistic amount despite is selling well nonetheless.

The Final Offer

Guys, this game is not gonna stay exclusive for long. I'm putting money on it. Square Enix will share this exclusivity like an easy wh0re. We're talking about Square. They start kicking they're bedroom and yell failure when their titles fail to sell an unrealistic amount despite is selling well nonetheless.

Chancey chill. I've already posted the link that says TIMED EXCLUSIVE.

The Final Offer

I am chill. I'm not interested in the new Tomb Raider I just knew it's not gonna last long.
Me neither, but that low ball crap MS and Enix tried to pull is exactly why I'm not feeling any exclusivity.

I believe their plan was to announce Tomb Raider for Xbox, keep it that way to sale Xbox, and then say SURPRISE it's a timed exclusive...but you already bought an Xbox.

The same thing happened with Titanfall franchise. They said it's an Xbox exclusive and then they're now saying that Titanfall 2 may be coming to other consoles.

Thank gawd for backlashes on stupid plans.

The Final Offer

I guess this is revenge for Sony kicking Microsoft's *ss at E3. I'm just happy that this isn't exclusive forever.

I think it's just Microsoft trying to have at least SOMETHING to counter Sony's Gamescom lineup.

I can't wait for Tokyo Game Show...where I'm sure Square will announce that FF15 is Sony Exclusive.

Super90sgamer

Why those PS4 Fanboys acting like a D***? Why they send death threat to Lara Croft's voice actress? I don't know when the heck they'll grown up?

Dark Drakan

Admin
The same thing happened with Titanfall franchise. They said it's an Xbox exclusive and then they're now saying that Titanfall 2 may be coming to other consoles.

Thank gawd for backlashes on stupid plans.

It's on the PC too but original TitanFall remains Xbox exclusive on console. At the time of reveals they can only announce what platforms the developers say they are releasing on there & then. Much like this situation & how PR worded the release of DayZ, Hellblade & No Mans Sky on PS4 first (coming to Xbox too but no word on it). Not allowed to openly mention them due to contract with Sony and so people who don't own PCs will buy PS4 if they want them (it's all PR spin & part of industry). It was said from beginning that if TitanFall established itself on Xbox & PC then they would consider a wider release.

TitanFall WAS a console exclusive new franchise to Xbox at the time of the statement. Was never a denial by developers that it wouldn't come to other consoles in future depending on different factors. In fact every interview I saw openly stated that there was a chance but they didn't have anything to announce at that time.

You always have to read statements & listen to PR wording carefully & make sure exact transcripts have been put onto sites. It's often the media who misinterpret lots of developers. In this situation it was Crystal Dynamics statement that did them no favours but it would have been Square Enix who told them what they could/couldn't say.

As it stands RIGHT NOW Rise of the Tomb Raider is a console exclusive on Xbox as developers haven't announced any other version. However like TitanFall 2 it's likely to be announced on all consoles in the future but no word yet. Not Micosofts job to state if a title is coming to another platform they can only talk about their own deal & release on their system. Just like it's not Sonys job to say that those other titles are coming to Xbox too. They will merely say that they are coming to PS4 with no mention of other consoles.

Like you owning a burger joint & making some speciality burgers that people drive to come & try. Then you hear there is another joint opening up at later date & it's closer to houses of your usual customers & they will be making exact same burgers. Does that mean everytime you sell one you have to tell customer that there will be another establishment that sells them nearer to them at some point in future? You would want them to keep coming to you & its not your job to promote others.

EDIT This is an example & Dean Hall from DayZ commenting on 3rd party exclusives as he had been asked by many if it's coming to Xbox One but can't yet give a definitive yes answer.

http://s24.postimg.org/siuvbvy11/image.jpg

The Final Offer

It's on the PC too but original TitanFall remains Xbox exclusive on console. At the time of reveals they can only announce what platforms the developers say they are releasing on there & then. Much like this situation & how PR worded the release of DayZ & No Mans Sky on PS4 first (coming to Xbox too but no word on it). Not allowed to openly mention it due to contract with Sony as so people who don't own PCs will buy PS4 if they want them (it's all PR spin & part of industry). It was said from beginning that if TitanFall established itself on Xbox & PC then they would consider a wider release.

TitanFall WAS a console exclusive new franchise to Xbox at the time of the statement. Was never a denial by developers that it wouldn't come to other consoles in future depending on different factors. In fact every interview I saw openly stated that there was a chance but they didn't have anything to announce at that time.

You always have to read statements & listen to PR wording carefully & make sure exact transcripts have been put onto sites. It's often the media who misinterpret lots of developers. In this situation it was Crystal Dynamics statement that did them no favours but it would have been Square Enix who told them what they could/couldn't say.

As it stands RIGHT NOW Rise of the Tomb Raider is a console exclusive on Xbox as developers haven't announced any other version. However like TitanFall 2 it's likely to be announced on all consoles in the future but no word yet.

I see what you mean and I'm still not with the okie doke approach. This is like COD being announced as exclusive to PS4 and then they'd say "for only a limited time, we don't know how long." This would drive alot of people, who've been following and supporting COD, bats*** insane.

The reason I used COD is because of it's annual release. If COD had just released Advanced Warfare and then announce that 2 would be exclusive just months shy of it's release. That's **** alot of people because they are involved in a story that is definitely going to be spoiled by those whom use the system the game is exclusive for. By the time the game comes out for their console, everything would be revealed, there would be no real reason to play it for the story anymore. This is because of the internet, it's everywhere and it's hard to search gameplay footage of your favorite game without some spoilers popping up in the search.

Think of Word of mouth and how it'd affect sales. "COD 2 is only on PS4 for now at least."

Again, I am not feeling that okie doke approach that Hellblade is using either. That **** needs to stop so we can trust what they say or else, everyone is going to think developers are on some bull**** all the time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I see what you mean and I'm still not with the okie doke approach. This is like COD being announced as exclusive to PS4 and then they'd say "for only a limited time, we don't know how long." This would drive alot of people, who've been following and supporting COD, bats*** insane.

The reason I used COD is because of it's annual release. If COD had just released Advanced Warfare and then announce that 2 would be exclusive just months shy of it's release. That's **** alot of people because they are involved in a story that is definitely going to be spoiled by those whom use the system the game is exclusive for. By the time the game comes out for their console, everything would be revealed, there would be no real reason to play it for the story anymore. This is because of the internet, it's everywhere and it's hard to search gameplay footage of your favorite game without some spoilers popping up in the search.

Think of Word of mouth and how it'd affect sales. "COD 2 is only on PS4 for now at least."

Again, I am not feeling that okie doke approach that Hellblade is using either. That **** needs to stop so we can trust what they say or else, everyone is going to think developers are on some bull**** all the time.

I agree but most rational people would have known in this day & age with companies going bust left right & centre it was unlikely to remain exclusive forever. Most developers have no choice but to release on every available platform to make a profit.

I have researched a lot into most of the games that are announced as first on some consoles & looked into interviews speaking about exclusivity & can normally tell those that have no plans for multiple console release & those that are using PR spin.

Just PR trying to put certain spins on things & all this controversy it's caused means people are talking about it. It's been in news for days now & top of article lists on gaming sites & forums so job done & mission accomplished.

@The Final Offer But CoD franchise on Xbox always gets an exclusive DLC while Sony gets nothing.

Pretty sure that was a timed deal too like Destiny exclusive DLC packs that are coming to PS4 12 months before other platforms.

From article:

The exclusive launch of CoD: Ghosts DLC on the Xbox One continues the trend that started on Xbox 360.

That means the Xbox One generation will be like the previous one in which the Microsoft console saw the new content a month before the PS3 and PC versions of the game.

As a result, Xbox One owners should be able to get their hands on new CoD: Ghost maps, modes and character customizations before the PS4 version of the first-person shooter game.

Coming to PS4 at a later date...

Top Bottom