• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RIP Konami

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Wait. Wait wait wait. His post was.....questionably constructed, to say the least. It's most likely very true he mixed up his meds. But, is that really reason to ban him for two weeks? =_=

Believe me, there are 'other' reasons better left out of view on the boards.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wait. Wait wait wait. His post was.....questionably constructed, to say the least. It's most likely very true he mixed up his meds. But, is that really reason to ban him for two weeks? =_=

Not the first time he's directed a comment like that at a particular member out of nowhere & couple of others factors in there as LoD said. So best to take some time away to calm down and think before a comment like that is made again and maybe avoid members he seems to have personal issues with.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Believe me, there are 'other' reasons better left out of view on the boards.
Come on. I've said far worse **** than he did on here, and all I've ever gotten was a warning.

This was downright disproportionate. Yes, he was siding with the enemy....but what the hell are we? Is this a board of DMC fans, or disgruntled Konami employees? And it's not like he was 100% wrong with everything he said. I freaking grew up on Konami games, man. No matter how evil they have become, they still have a special place somewhere in my heart. If I can find one. And the chip the ice off it.

1 week. Week and a half at most. Or forcing him to marathon the entirety of Under The Dome.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Come on. I've said far worse **** than he did on here, and all I've ever gotten was a warning.

This was downright disproportionate. Yes, he was siding with the enemy....but what the hell are? Is this a board of DMC fans, or disgruntled Konami employees? And it's not like he was 100% wrong with everything he said. I freaking grew up on Konami games, man. No matter how evil they have become, they still have a special place somewhere in my heart. If I can find one. And the chip the ice off it.

1 week. Week and a half at most. Or forcing him to marathon the entirety of Under The Dome.

I don't like halves, so 2 weeks it was as could sense a pattern starting with the comments & who they were directed at so 1 week is nothing. No-one should be speaking like this to other members and there are much more mature ways to make a point & wasn't the point he made but how he made it and his "previous" & the random nature of that comment too simply based on an opinion/observation by another member. One that is shared by the vast majority of gamers at the moment too about Konami.

Action has been taken and other rules have been broken too but not going to discuss them as they aren't posts. Don't want to derail thread any further so won't explain any further but forcing members to watch shows like that does sound a more productive measure for rule breaking. Maybe people would think twice before rule breaking in future... :sneaky:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Just let Konami die. Bloodstained (and "Quiet Cove"?) will make us forget all about them.

If it's a PT fix you're looking for, Allison Road and Kitchen will fill that gap.

Skinemax Stealth? Kojima will just kickstart one on his own.

Lords of Shadow? Um...

Ah well. There's always the next GoW. :(

-------------------------

Well, it seems Konami isn't going away when it comes to "AAA" gaming. I actually agree with Jim that this is a bad thing since Silent Hill, MGS, and Castlevania are only going to get worse from here on out.

At least there's still Bloodstained to look forward to.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
In the latest Konami news... Horse Armour DLC (not as a joke but purchased content), Tuxedo not unlockable but have to purchase now too, Pro Evolution Soccer for PC being a 360 & PS3 port not a PS4 & XB1 port and other ways to screw over their own fanbase...

metal-gear-solid-5-phantom-pain-horse-armour-dlc-620x349.png

jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Here is what I think is going on.

Konami is a Japanese company acting like a Japanese company traditionally does. You bow to your exects when they walk the corridors, you are forced to drink at their parties and laugh at their jokes no different than any other salary men and their punishments are no different. They don't see themselves as a creative studio but a corporation that is no different from others in Japan and thus proceeds with their actions based on numbers and traditional Japanese corporation tactics, not as a studio providing a creative product. This is why, I think, they simply replace people with talent with any other, why they think all jobs are easily fillable, because in any other corporate environment they are. Composer is no different than accountant and to them the most talented horror composer in modern gaming is no different than the most talented accountant, plenty of those looking for work.

They don't care about our opinions of them, they probably got mail like this back when they were popular so to them nothing really changes. They are, I theorize, an archetype of corporate Japan. They aren't like other studios who see public reactions and act on them, they follow the money and they will bury and burn all of their IPs before seeing others profit from them because they are not beloved franchises to them, they are products and properties, so unless they start to go bankrupt they won't sell and all of the good things that came from them won't come to light again in the same form we once knew them as.

I know they've bullied employees in order to get their way, not crossing the line to illegal actions, so I know that they know what they are doing is unethical but I think that the only way for them to change is for them to go near collapse as a company, ask why this is happening and been told straight out because you are scum and this is the consequence of your actions. That's not going to happen, though, the world isn't that ideal, it's downright wishful thinking. They are provably financially secure within their other endeavours in aspects of business where those consumers don't give two 5#!ts about their gaming woes so they will probably prosper for this, despite their less than human behaviour. Honestly, I don't know if what they're doing is illegal in Japan, despite what I said, but I think that if it was they would've seen the legal replications already leading me to believe that it isn't, just unethical.

I don't know if Japan is still full of companies that are this way but I know it was back in the '90s. While it's hard to justify anything that we know of Konami's actions I do know that even if there were companies like that it wasn't all tyrannical industries that seemed downright villainous, there was a bright side to it. It wasn't just a bad life been in a Japanese corporation. Yes, the life of a Japanese salaryman has always been notoriously difficult, and I wouldn't be surprised if Japan's above average suicide rate is in some way related to their jobs and the stress it generates (though I understand school life is even more so), but even then I can't imagine Konami been an example of standard working conditions of corporate Japan, at least I hope not.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Too bad hundreds of people already lined Konami's wallets with money by buying MGSV in hordes. And that's the last game they licensed before this supposed "mobile-only crusade."

So, yeah...boycotting's not gonna work, guys. Not when you've already paid them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I didn't buy MGSV, but my brother ended up buying it. Well, now I just go on his profile to play it, because they're still not getting a cent of my money. So hey, free game.

Top Bottom