• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RIP Konami

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I guess Capcom or Square is no longer the worst Japanese gaming company anymore. It seems Konami is heading the mobile route although Capcom, Sega, and Square literally not too long ago admitted that venture is practically pointless.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I guess Capcom or Square is no longer the worst Japanese gaming company anymore. It seems Konami is heading the mobile route although Capcom, Sega, and Square literally not too long ago admitted that venture is practically pointless.

I'm curious about that last bit. I thought mobile gaming brought in a ton of profit at little to no cost to the company. It's a pointless venture?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm curious about that last bit. I thought mobile gaming brought in a ton of profit at little to no cost to the company. It's a pointless venture?

Well both Capcom, Sega, and Square have reported losses ever since they started to focus on mobile too with either Sega or Square publicly stating that their mobile venue isn't as doing as well as it should've been. I think Capcom even stated they are starting to dwindle focus on mobile gaming and focus more on core gaming.

Not 100% sure

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Well both Capcom, Sega, and Square have reported losses ever since they started to focus on mobile too with either Sega or Square publicly stating that their mobile venue isn't as doing as well as it should've been. I think Capcom even stated they are starting to dwindle focus on mobile gaming and focus more on core gaming.

Not 100% sure

If this is the case- then Konami is certainly headed towards doom unless that whole gambling machine thing doesn't work out.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If this is the case- then Konami is certainly headed towards doom unless that whole gambling machine thing doesn't work out.

Granted if Konami only goes into gambling and mobile gaming as well as reorganize their entire company (considering they offer way more services than just core gaming like their fitness gyms, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and more). I can't think of a time Konami like Capcom or Sega have reported drastic losses, possibilities of going bankrupt, or layoffs. Konami unlike Capcom, Sega, and maybe Square have way more options. Konami the gaming company will likely die out in a few years but Konami will still be around and that sucks really.

Judge

Wasn't a lot of GTAV's massive budget also counting all their engorged marketing?

GTA5 though, its a 25+ million seller. Its an industry phenominon, the likes of which can only be met by few other franchises. It even sold more than Call of Duty the year it came out. Then you have all the money the game pulls in from DLC and multiplayer DLC.

MGS5 might be a big francise, but I can understand where Konami are coming from. The business model Kojima has used for MGS is unsustainable. This is a pattern we're seeing with Square Enix, who have spent 10 years on Final Fantasy 15.

These developers have simply gone too far and the publishers are struggling to remain profitable with an unsustainable buisness model. Its understandable that they gave Kojima a deadline and a budget and he failed to meet those targets. Konami couldn't afford to support his vision anymore. I don't see them as the bad guys, they can't afford to keep going down the same road as Kojima so they had to cut him loose.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
GTA5 though, its a 25+ million seller. Its an industry phenominon, the likes of which can only be met by few other franchises. It even sold more than Call of Duty the year it came out. Then you have all the money the game pulls in from DLC and multiplayer DLC.

MGS5 might be a big francise, but I can understand where Konami are coming from. The business model Kojima has used for MGS is unsustainable. This is a pattern we're seeing with Square Enix, who have spent 10 years on Final Fantasy 15.

These developers have simply gone too far and the publishers are struggling to remain profitable with an unsustainable buisness model. Its understandable that they gave Kojima a deadline and a budget and he failed to meet those targets. Konami couldn't afford to support his vision anymore. I don't see them as the bad guys, they can't afford to keep going down the same road as Kojima so they had to cut him loose.

You know I 100% undeniably agree with you.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that Konami (or the higher ups) are a bunch of retarded assholes big meany poopy stupid jerkfaces.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Kojima's methods may have been super unsustainable in the long run, but that still doesn't change the fact that they treat their employees like **** and destroying a good chunk of their fanbase.

Don't forget that they're still big meany poopy stupid jerkfaces.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
But! But! But-bbbbbbbbb-BUT!
XzhISaW.jpg

We can still make a comic or something. :p DRAKAN! Fetch me a talented, preferably Ashley Wood-y, and fairly submissive artist!

KRSkull

Konami has lost their freaking minds.

No you and all the other kids who say that konami have lost their minds are actually the ones who lost there freaking minds.

Konami have been making games ever since 1978. So they've been doing what they are doing what they are doing a few decades before you even existed in this life. So shut your f***ing mouth because you have no clue of what you are talking about.

They've spent a lot of time making a whole bag of S*** for us. not because they have to but because they want to. and then they make a tiny thing and you kids just switch your faces with your A***s and start hating them, Calling them unpleasant names and act like you can do a better job then them.

The Good Gentleman

No you and all the other kids who say that konami have lost their minds are actually the ones who lost there freaking minds.

Konami have been making games ever since 1978. So they've been doing what they are doing what they are doing a few decades before you even existed in this life. So shut your f***ing mouth because you have no clue of what you are talking about.

They've spent a lot of time making a whole bag of S*** for us. not because they have to but because they want to. and then they make a tiny thing and you kids just switch your faces with your A***s and start hating them, Calling them unpleasant names and act like you can do a better job then them.

speechless.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin

Don't know what to say to this besides... What...?

Not sure what brought on such a comment or what medication you stopped taking but I recommend you start again & go back to being a rational minded individual instead of making such comments that were rather silly & over the top. Quite disappointed in some of the posts you have made in this nature lately. Take 2 weeks out to calm down and level your head, comments like this won't be tolerated again on the forums...

The Good Gentleman

Don't know what to say to this besides... What...?

Not sure what brought on such a comment or what medication you stopped taking but I recommend you start again & go back to being a rational minded individual instead of making such comments that were rather silly & over the top. Quite disappointed in some of the posts you have made in this nature lately. Take 2 weeks out to calm down and level your head, comments like this won't be tolerated again on the forums...

Wait. Wait wait wait. His post was.....questionably constructed, to say the least. It's most likely very true he mixed up his meds. But, is that really reason to ban him for two weeks? =_=

Top Bottom