• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RIP Konami

KRSkull

big-boss-salute-o.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin
It was predicted some time ago that they might head in this direction (along with quite a few companies). Hopefully sales figures of Phantom Pain dwarf every mobile game they make in the future and make them realize they just wont come close. More and more companies will go down this road soon as its costs far less to develop mobile games and microtransactions etc are seen as the normal business practice on that platform.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It was predicted some time ago that they might head in this direction (along with quite a few companies). Hopefully sales figures of Phantom Pain dwarf every mobile game they make in the future and make them realize they just wont come close. More and more companies will go down this road soon as its costs far less to develop mobile games and microtransactions etc are seen as the normal business practice on that platform.
The way he puts it, it really sounds like a joke.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
MGS5 is the last game I'll ever buy from them and MGS5 is the last MGS game FULL F**KING STOP!!!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well screw with your best developers and you may as well close the business xD well deserved imho.
Capcom, take a note, 'cause you may be the next

Nightmare Omni

Silent Hill 3 with Heather was the last Silent Hill I bought.

The Room was terrible.

To be honest I don't get the obsession with Mobile.

Most of us dont mind forking over 30 or 40 quid for a high end game like Metal Gear, Suikoden, Silent Hill etc but I myself am reluctant to spend a single pound on Mobile Games.

Maybe I'm out of touch?

May as well nostalgicly reminisce on happier times.....

I used to fill in the Cards that came with PS2 games and actually won the Prize Draw. Happy Memories! :)

Got to pick 2 Games. I chose Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner because it was SO damned hard to find a Copy in stock anywhere.
I can't seem to remember what my other pick was. :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I loved the Room, but after that…eh. Aside from Downpour there wasn't any real SH games to me.

Dark Drakan

Admin

The Summary​

• Culture at the company shifted from traditional, hardcore games to cheaper, social titles in 2010 when Konami shipped a mobile game called Dragon Collection, which earned huge profit at a low budget.
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain‘s development budget has surpassed 10 billion yen ($80 million).
  • Kojima Productions is now known as “Number 8 Production Department.” Its computers have no internet access and can only send messages between internal computers.
  • Employees that leave the office during lunch beak are monitored with time cards. Those who return late have their names announced throughout the company.
  • There are cameras in the office corridors to monitor the movements of Konami’s employees.
  • Most Konami employees don’t have their own permanent company e-mail addresses. Staff who deal with people outside the company, such as public relations, do, however, everyone else’s e-mail is routinely randomized and changed every few months.
  • Konami developers who aren’t seen as useful are reassigned duties such as security guards, cleaning staff at fitnes clubs, or roles at pachi-slot machine factories. This includes producers who worked on big titles. In 2013, Japanese newspaper Asahi News reported on a former Konami employee who allegedly went from development to working in a Konami pachi-slot factory, which led him into severe depression.
  • After announcing on Facebook that he was leaving Konami for a new job, Konami monitored said former employee’s social media post and reshuffled those within the company that “Liked” it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Konami are a pack of c***s I will leave ye figure out the missing letter , the whole company should resign and teach them a lesson.A company is only as valuable as it's employees and without em it is nothing.Those working conditions are atrocious, if you ask me kojima had a lucky escape getting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom