• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Series

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Believe this or not, I am pretty 'afraid' of RE. I don't like to play it, I get my dad to do it instead while I hide under a pillow or something :lol:
And the nemesis, he scares me LOADS. He used to give me nightmares and if I ever saw him again I'd run away. He's the onlt thing i'm scared of really.
I've got RE code veronica x and I still haven't finished it yet :p
And if they make an RE6, then kill me because I will be scared! :p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nah, chill. It's because you haven't seen anything even scarier and of course of your age. I remember having Nightmares with Pyramid Head when I got Silent Hill 2, my first horror game. And Resident Evil seems like and adventure game rather than a horror in comparison:p

A/y why not make a Resident Evil 6? They spend time in making Resident Evils like the Survivor series (which suck big time) and so far the game's so popular they even made two movies for it. So yeah, I really think we should expect a Resident Evil 6.

EDIT: In a July 2007 Famitsu interview, producer Jun Takeuchi revealed the main playable character as Chris Redfield.During the game's events, he is a member of a group known as BSAA, and sent to investigate an incident in a desert area that serves as the game's setting.

So some of you guys were right. It is Chris. Good. A chance for newbies in Resident Evil series like myself to learn the past characters^^

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Yea.....I heard about that too while reading about RE5 in wikipedia. I'm pretty happy it's Chris, since he's my favorite character. I can't wait to see what RE looks like on the PS3 and Xbox 360! Should look pretty good from what I saw from the trailer. Hope the story is good too. I like the story of the RE series and I hope RE5 doesn't ruin it. I don't expect it to though.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'm also interested in the enemies. They said that they aren't zombies but not ganados too. Something new is brewing..

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Yes, indeed. I originally heard a while ago the enemies were supposed to be a cross between a ganado and a zombie. But now I have no clue what it is. I wonder if the Umbrella Corporation has anything up their sleeves in this game? We could see some sort of uprise, as in Ada's report from RE4 that major people from umbrella are trying to resurrect a new one.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I think for the last RE game they should have most of the old characters in it like Leon, Ada, Chris and Clair. Would make it a good game specialy if there all playable.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
In addition to the new enemy, a certain girl will make an appearance in the game. She's someone whom fans of the series will recognize. In the full version of the E3 trailer (which will be distributed on Xbox Live and PSN later this month), she appears just briefly, but Takeuchi expects her to have a more significant role in the next trailer (no ETA given on that, unfortunately). In the game proper, she will have a big part both in the story and as part of the gameplay.

Cool news, I wonder if it'll be Ada or Jill.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
If it's anyone I assume it to be Jill, since Chris and her are really close from S.T.A.R.S, plus they said they'd meet up again. I'd like to see her anyway since she's my favorite female character.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I still only know her from pictures. And I hope it's her in order to learn even more past Resident Evil characters.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Tony_Redgrave;45601 said:
I remember having Nightmares with Pyramid Head when I got Silent Hill 2

I've got that. AND i've played it. AND I was scared of that pyramid head. And then I saw he film.......but the nemesis is still scary....he will forever haunt me :(
anyway I have a question - what is the nemesis? is he a possessed man or something?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nope. A complete monster.

Nemesis was developed long before the initial events of Resident Evil. The European Branch of the Umbrella Corporation originally developed the “Nemesis Project", a Tyrant bio-weapon that could follow orders. Later, Umbrella moved the project to the Arklay Mountains, shipping a box containing a prototype Ne-a parasite specimen to Albert Wesker.

From there, Wesker and William Birkin conducted several experiments on the parasite. In the most notable of these experiments, the scientists injected the parasite into the body of Lisa Trevor, Umbrella’s long-time guinea pig. Additionally, the experiment’s findings allowed William Birkin to develop the G-Virus.

However Lisa isn't Nemesis. They just used her to see how their project will go. Nemesis is the result of the virus.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
wait what not zombie's or the other things oh this is missed up ok ppl re is dieing and runing away from what it was re is a zombie game not a mutant game and dd i was scared of the game fatal fram 1 and 2 i stad up for to weeks am not scared of it now tho

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Sephiroth;45732 said:
wait what not zombie's or the other things oh this is missed up ok ppl re is dieing and runing away from what it was re is a zombie game not a mutant game

Actually, it could be considered a mutant game. Just think about some of the enemies. Hunters, Tyrants, Lickers, Nosferatu's, Regenerators. The list goes on and on...... I just don't fell like listing them so just go to wikipedia and look for Resident Evil you'll find out what I'm talking about.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Anyone know of a god way to kill the boss you meant in the cage in RE4? Sorry I'm unsure what mission that is. It's the boss you fight after you find the tracker that Ashly losses.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well I only remember one guy in a cage and it wasn't a boss. You mean inside the castle where you walk and suddenly a cage and this guy fall on you right?
Well your best bet is to open one of the two doors of the cage first.(It's tough, the locks need MANY Shotgun shells so don't try to unlock them at once since that Scissor guy will have your hide). Just try to avoid him, shoot 3 times no matter the weapon you use and then try to avoid him again. Once you are out take on the worthless guys outside (if you haven't accidentally blow them along with the locks) and then just shoot the guy from outside the cage. But keep distance since he still can get you. Don't try shooting (on him or on the others) when you are near the door you opened or else he'll come out as well. And then you should go in instead. His weak point is his back, if he turns you'll see a hideous spot in it. That's your best bet.

I hope I gave help for the correct guy though.:p
And he's easy with Leon, it's with Ada that he's almost TOO annoying;)

$JP

Supreme Ruler
No I think he's talking about "it". Remember, after the knife fight with krauser, Sadddler contacts you with your radio and "introduces you to it, it should give you one hell of a time." It's the one with the three cages and you have to unlock the three doors by pushing a button or something like that for security locks.

Ok, what I did was either used the stinger shotgun or the TMP (any type of grenade can work also). Just watch out for when he tries to attack from above (either the L1+R1 or square+x thingy will come up, be aware for those) because three strikes (or four) and your dead. Carry some first aid sprays or herbs just in case. For the battle after you escape the cage, well, I just bought a rocket launcher and blasted him to pieces but if you didn't do that I don't know how to help. All I can say is have lots of ammo and healing items. Anyone else have a good strategy???

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh if all this is about "it" here's what I did:

Well, I had a Rocket Launcher but I did not use it.(Which is kinda stupid since he's one of the last bosses and after "it" there aren't so many challenges:p

While you are in the cages you just shoot him 3 times (with either Shotgun, Rifle or Magnum) and he should go up. After that just avoid and look for the switches. Remember to run quickly after you operate on the last switch of each cage.
After that you battle him for real.
If I remember correctly there are some barrels you can shoot when he's near them to let him have it.
After lots of shots I finally had nothing but the Rifle.
But you should use the same strategy even with other guns, except perhaps for the Shotgun which is stronger at close quarters.
Just run away from it but not enough to lose it, since he will start doing things you'll have to avoid. Otherwise he can't attack from a distance. After a bit running stop and fire 5 or 6 shots at it and then repeat.
Bombs help too.

I thought I was going to lose but managed, it's not as tough as it appears to be;)

Top Bottom