• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS5

berto

I Saw the Devil

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

image0.png

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

This is all fine and good but these people need to get on it and release the real information. Prices, release dates, features and so on. We know about the games, that's great, but getting to play them is the question. I wish XB and PS would stop dancing around and get to the point.
It's a game of cat and mouse between MS and Sony. It has been confirmed that Sony wants MS to tell the price first. The first person to reveal the price is going to be undercut. So if Sony reveals the price first, then they'll be in the same position as they were when PS3 was revealed.

It's currently a game of "chicken."

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's very much a how low will you go situation. Still, somebody has to and they have to do it soon. If one posts a price the other will either match it or go lower, if the other starts too low they might screw themselves and if it gets to that the other might just decide to release sooner to compensate for the price difference. It's kind of interesting to watch.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sony haven't got the pockets to go as low as ms, ms can afford the hit in spades

best we could all hope for is a difference of 50

I'll happily pay 500 for ps5 and xbox , or even 600 for series x if that rumour had been true

I just wish we had got to see the god of war sequel, with the exception of horizon zero dawn and demon souls

Nothing has me that hyped for ps5 lineup

I know a lot of people are excited for spiderman miles Morales, but I'm part of the smaller group who wasnt massively into spiderman on ps4 like others

Prefer the batman arkham series personallly

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
At this point with the PS5, if anyone buys it on launch for anything above 500, they'd be buying it for the novelty. There's a plenty huge backlog on the PS4 to keep the average Sony fan entertained, and the Xbox 360's launch issues the previous generation should have successfully traumatized people into waiting at least a year until any console-breaking issues are found and fixed. I'd say it's even better to wait until the midpoint of the console's cycle, after developers have gotten the hang of the 5 or SRX and can make their games look "next-gen".

Until then? PC, baby.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Sony haven't got the pockets to go as low as ms, ms can afford the hit in spades

best we could all hope for is a difference of 50

I'll happily pay 500 for ps5 and xbox , or even 600 for series x if that rumour had been true

I just wish we had got to see the god of war sequel, with the exception of horizon zero dawn and demon souls

Nothing has me that hyped for ps5 lineup

I know a lot of people are excited for spiderman miles Morales, but I'm part of the smaller group who wasnt massively into spiderman on ps4 like others

Prefer the batman arkham series personallly
I really wish Sony went all out with the specs, I'd gladly pay $600. But the way PS5 sounds is at 500 or better. I wish God of War was revealed or a launch title, but GOW has a long ways off. The last GoW was released in 2018, if I recall.

However, Cory loves the SSD opportunities, so that sounds optimistic.

I'm also an Arkham guy myself. Spiderman is cool, but not "system seller" instant buy. I'll still buy it, but you know what I mean.

Rumor is, there's a surprise launch title up Sony's sleeves.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It's a game of cat and mouse between MS and Sony. It has been confirmed that Sony wants MS to tell the price first. The first person to reveal the price is going to be undercut. So if Sony reveals the price first, then they'll be in the same position as they were when PS3 was revealed.

It's currently a game of "chicken."
Microsoft fired the first shots...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Looking back at Sony's history they have the tendency of not applying backwards compatibility in a consumer friendly way. They had a great deal of time to make something the player can use efficiently, but instead they've rather figure out how to make you pay for the game you already own. In the PS3, I got it, the disc drives would wear out too fast constantly reading discs so for its longevity they opted to only having them in digital format, same with the PS4, but it's been almost 20 years. Sony could've easily develop an inexpensive PS2 console with an HDMI that's the size of CD walkman, no problem. 1 gig of memory is nothing and with PS2 saved data being in the megabites they could've gotten away with it simply putting an internal memory of 500 megs for hundreds of games. People would've been happy with that, alone. Instead, seeing their history, they're going to try to milk people more. Probably a cloud or streaming based form of backwards compatibility, or only digital PS2 games. That is my current concern, sinee the rumors of no PS3 2 or 1 BC have pretty prominent.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That is one of the main reasons I still own a ps1 a ps2 and a ps3

And will keep my ps4

It's a shame really, they are missing out by being so close minded about bc

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah. I saw that. The thing with that is, if those are the actual sizes then it's not as big as people keep saying. The length is less than 2 ½ controllers wide and looks like around less than 2 controllers dept. That's not that much larger than a Pro.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Let's hope that showcase is something new and not just them showing stuff they already have

I hope in the 40 minute runtime they show something new

berto

I Saw the Devil
Pricing, release date, bc, preorder details, and other basics need to be covered. As it is they're on thin ice with me for their bs & hypocritical censorship practices, they need to make it sound good before I consider their system again.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm gona hold onto my ps4 and ps3 etc as it's not official but looks pretty certain the only bc will be ps4

Plus ps4 and ps4 pro were all that were mentioned in the first ever talk about the console with mark cerny

I wanna see what the story is with stock, as I have a feeling ireland will be stung by shortages

berto

I Saw the Devil
Certainly an active day. There is still no news on BC but $500 for base model, no news on what's included, and $400 for digital only. They are including their better PS4 games on the + service now, that's nice, and they have a pretty solid list of games.

Top Bottom