• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS5

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm glad at least ps4 is bc to a degree, as I have a nice few digital games on ps4.

My library of games on xbox one is massive though, so thank god it has full bc available from launch and with enhancements.

This upcoming generation is win win all round.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally I think the design is alright, though I wish the colors were reversed. Just because I'm so use to Playstations being black.

I probably won't get one day one. Rather wait for it to have a game I'm really excited for, which would have to be something like a new God Of War sequel, the next part of the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Or, and here's hoping one day, Devil May Cry 6

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I dunno why people have a problem with the color white.
Didn't science teach us that the darker the color, the more heat it absorbs....?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I dunno why people have a problem with the color white.
Didn't science teach us that the darker the color, the more heat it absorbs....?
If you're referring to me, since my reply was the one before yours and I mentioned the color. I believe I said I'm simply use to Playstations being black. Plus I like black, it's one of my favorite colors, along with red and green

Goldsickle

If you're referring to me, since my reply was the one before yours and I mentioned the color. I believe I said I'm simply use to Playstations being black. Plus I like black, it's one of my favorite colors, along with red and green
I am just more into color functionality, since Malaysia is summer all year round, with no winter or any "season" where it's more chilly.

I have discarded any dark colored or black T-shirts, since they always have a super-musty smell, trapping all that absorbed heat.
I even pestered my family members to buy white-colored cars, not a black one, since those will take 20% more energy to cool down with the air-conditioning.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I am just more into color functionality, since Malaysia is summer all year round, with no winter or any "season" where it's more chilly.

I have discarded any dark colored or black T-shirts, since they always have a super-musty smell, trapping all that absorbed heat.
I even pestered my family members to buy white-colored cars, not a black one, since those will take 20% more energy to cool down with the air-conditioning.
And I'm from Canada, where the Summers are hot but short, and the Fall and first half of Spring feels like we have long ass Winter. So I wear as much black or dark colors as I want. So pardon me, "color functionality" isn't top of my priorities list.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
BUT if it were black, you wouldn't get half the memes that're being made. :D

Lol true

PS5-MEMES-3.jpg

Last edited:

Maxman

I just want to see how Sony can match the value Xbox seems to be offering.

With BC enhancing games , game pass and all around better specs , Xbox seems to be offering alot to your average Joe who is looking for primary system to game on .

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's somewhat true, but price will be a huge factor

As great as the ps4 exclusives were

Their biggest selling game only got bought by 10% ofnthe install base on console and PC

Price will be a bigger deal especially with the recession on the way

Maxman

That's somewhat true, but price will be a huge factor

As great as the ps4 exclusives were

Their biggest selling game only got bought by 10% ofnthe install base on console and PC

Price will be a bigger deal especially with the recession on the way
This. 100%

Am expecting Microsoft to price the series X same as PS5 and later undercut them by announcing a cheaper model with the rumoured "Lockhart".

Also seems like Sony will be doubling down on exclusives this gen even more.

They already announced a decent amount before launch.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Fair enough foxtrot, personally I just hope playstation change up the formula.

Single player movie like showcases are cool as games, but if most have no freeroam

New game plus or aren't open world etc, then that isn't much fun.They offer no replay value, or content for money.

This was a major issue for ps4 for me, as good as most of the games were they weren't worth 70 euro for a few hours of an experience which when over meant a brand new campaign started.That and a lot of the games had no coop or mp, so i hope sony changes that up a bit

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, that brings up another point of consideration. Sony has been letting a lot of their previously exclusive games go to PC. Not just PS4, either. Persona 4, a previously exclusive to Sony Platforms game just got a PC release, Death Stranding didn't even last 2 years as an exclusive and hype for that game could not be bigger, HZD was a system mover for them and it's now on PC, Playstation Now probably runs better on a sturdy PC than on a PS4. Point being, it's not looking like they are fighting to keep their games on their system. From a point of view they're making it seem as though you might as well stick PC if all it takes is some patience. Even Nier didn't stay their console exclusive for that long yet the only exclusives I can think of that came to them are from the Switch or WiiU.

Maxman

If horizon sells like hot cakes on PC , i can see Sony trying to bring some of lesser popular their games on PC

They are probably realizing Microsoft's model of Xbox/PC combo is making them alot of bux.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sony need to branch out, gamepass is going to samsung TV's soon over a partnership

X-cloud will also have gamepass bundled with it, that's millions if not billions of smart device users on phones, laptops PCs and tvs as potential subs.Sony already went to Microsoft for cloud assuming For ps now and made a deal.

They should expand on that, I'm actually excited to see what sony kept back from the event and are showing in August.I do think they need to change things up to some degree though, at least on the content and replayability factor.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's gonna have to wait. A long time, probably. I only finally had the dough to buy the PS4 last year, lol. I guess I'll just swipe the titles for PS4 that get super cheap while I wait another 5 yrs to afford this sandwich toaster.

Top Bottom