• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS5

berto

I Saw the Devil
49996480982_870d841ea6_k.jpg

So, it's a thing, coming out before the end of the year. A significant number of games do to release for the six months after its release.

I have to admit, that reveal conference was a whole lot of ups and downs. Some of the games I couldn't care less about, some I thought were dumb and some I really want to see more of. I am really not sure about the design of the console itself. It's the one thing that I won't say definitively until I see it first hand. Photos are never quite as telling as seeing it with your own eyes, getting to turn it around in your own hands and examining it.

49996224731_b7bee3708f_k.jpg

49996237486_efd7627a82_k.jpg

49996480302_215e4b707a_k.jpg

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
demon souls and project athia were cool, all the indie stuff was boring and horizon and some of the other games looked current gen.Godfall didn't excite me much so mainly demon souls I was hyped for.As for the console it looks weird to be honest, will have to wait til I see it in person to judge[\spoiler]

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah the more I look at it the less I like it tbh... The side panels going over the top too, they almost kinda look like those cringy cat ears "e-girls" like so much on their headphones. Bleh.

Between this and the mini fridge Xbox has for design, I think this is the ugliest PS/Xbox generation yet. IMO. I guess at least PS5 looks less cumbersome.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah the more I look at it the less I like it tbh... The side panels going over the top too, they almost kinda look like those cringy cat ears "e-girls" like so much on their headphones. Bleh.

Between this and the mini fridge Xbox has for design, I think this is the ugliest PS/Xbox generation yet. IMO. I guess at least PS5 looks less cumbersome.

PS5 looks ok stood up, but I would say the vast majority have them lying down and it looks awkward on its side.

Xbox looks like a minimalist design much like a small form factor PC (NZXT now have a case that looks like it) & PS5 has taken colours & styling of NZXT case mixed with a router from years ago. So they seem to be going for PC looks.

Personally wasn’t much of a fan of the look of the PS4 either to be perfectly honest.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 what’re you, the grammar police?

Call me officer.

But seriously though, always wondered why you insist so much on calling them "council" when you know full well it's "console". Not asking this to flame you (as much as it does irritate me somewhat, like when people say "their" instead of "they're", "your" instead of "you're", "cannon" instead of "canon" etc), actual genuine curiosity.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94 what’re you, the grammar police?
Yeah, he's a bitch grammar police! :sneaky:

lol. I'm just kidding, @Foxtrot94!

Anyway, Sony about wrapped Next Gen with that reveal.

- New Gran Turismo title in about 2-3 years.
- New Ratchet & Clank title either at launch or launch window, or 6 months..
- New Sackboy title, and teasing LittleBigPlanet 3.
- New Demon's Soul/Remaster.
- New Resident Evil title.
- New Horizon title looks like 2 years away from release.
- And new Spiderman title!

I'm definitely picking up Horizon.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Resident evil and a lot of the games were third party

Was hoping for more from first party

But il take what I get from both sides

And Nintendo

berto

I Saw the Devil
But seriously though, always wondered why you insist so much on calling them "council" when you know full well it's "console".
Well, excuse me. When you speak multiple languages with very different grammatical and phonatical structures come back and talk to me about keeping the spelling of everything correctly in your head 100% of the time. You want to know the truth, it's quite simple, it's muscle memory. I've the word council with much more frequency than consoles which I use which I use with such infrequency I just automatically default to the other one.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I only use English when I absolutely have to, so my grammar and spelling of it is terrible.

It never seemed to bother anyone though lol

It is hard to be good at a language that isn't used by you daily lol

These ps5 memes are all over the internet at the moment, it's actually very tall standing up too.In fact it's a nice bit taller than the series x.

Goldsickle

If the PS5's backwards compatibility acts like a PS4 Pro, then I can actually skip buying a PS4 Pro and go straight to the PS5.

But I'm worried that it will have the same thing going on with the PS3, where they pulled back on the PS2 backwards compatibility for later models to cut costs.
A friend says that it's not likely because supposedly the PS5 has a similar architecture as PS4 but I'm still worried.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it's fine and I liked some of the trailers. However I probably won't get it any time soon because i just got a PS4 so no rush.

However if they debut a new Jak and Daxter game.......:wink:

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Goldsickle The thought occurred to me, too. I remember when it happened, too. The PS3 was one of the first consoles I bought with my own money. My fatty had died and I was trying to replace it and the guy at the store warned me that none of the new models played PS2 games anymore. It was cut out with no notice or fanfare. If they said anything they were pretty quiet about it because I heard nothing till that guy told me.

Edit:

Last edited:
Top Bottom