• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
...~reads the manga~ you mean the Manga were Vergil called Alice a painted whore and walked off like he's castrated himself? or do you mean the AU Deadly Fortune Light Novels, which blatantly contradicted the events and portions of story in the game just to reinclude things Bingo wanted in the storyline that were dropped because they didn't work at all.

The novels, my bad I goofed. I met the DF novels.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, the DF novellas are pretty much a non-canon AU version since, again, Bingo changed entire story portions and had to even controdict Kobayashi on Nero's age and the stated ten year perdio gap between DMC3 and 4 to even try forcing "Vergil is POSSIBILY his dad." And the BS of "Well, Dante's half demon, but his CELLS are human, so hs's BODY ages just alike a human's"...even though he takes mutiple massive stab wounds, bullets to the head, repeated impalments on his own sword...thsi list goes on. Plus, Dante thinking that a possibly quarterbreed kid was more powerful that he was? That's not Dante's character at all, that's Bingo trying to force "NERO IS AWESOME!OMFG!" on the reader.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wait does Vergil actually tell Sanctus that Nero is his kid in the Deadly fortune novel(s) or does Sanctus say that himself?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Neither. Sanctus insinuates that the "mysterious visitor" could POSSIBLY have been Nero's father with some random prostitute in Fortuna. Which is just about BS because even Nero doubts it.

DMC-Rebellion

I just had a thought but could it be possible that Nero is a clone of Vergil? Reason why I had this thought is coz Angus had the Yamato so is it possible that Angus could have extracted DNA from the Yamato to creat Nero? Just a thought on another note I haven't played DMC 4 in a while how did Angus get hold of Yamato to begin with coz in DMC 3 Vergil went back to the Demonic world with Yamato?

DMC-Rebellion

I just had a thought but could it be possible that Nero is a clone of Vergil? Reason why I had this thought is coz Angus had the Yamato so is it possible that Angus could have extracted DNA from the Yamato to creat Nero? Just a thought on another note I haven't played DMC 4 in a while how did Angus get hold of Yamato to begin with coz in DMC 3 Vergil went back to the Demonic world with Yamato?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Yeah but in DMC1 (takes place after DMC3) Vergil...I mean Nelo Angelo blew up and his parts scattered some where a long with his sword and the Order eventually found his parts and used them to built the Angelos and found his sword broken and tries to repair it.

Valcorn

Why can't people accept facts? Ignorance and delusions everywhere... Nero is too old to be a clone or a "child" in any other sense than literal.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why can't people accept facts? Ignorance and delusions everywhere... Nero is too old to be a clone or a "child" in any other sense than literal.

Well not so sure about the child sense but as a clone it can work even if Dante was 29/30 in DMC4 and Nero is 16/17 for all you need is Vergil's DNA (blood, skin tissues, sperm) and genetically engineer another person. As long as Nero isn't older than Vergil (which he isn't) it can work.

Plus Capcom said so, so it must be...it is their IP or property/game. They can do WHATEVER they want with it (make Dante gay, reincarnate Vergil as a bunny, get Kyrie raped, have Trish betray Dante, turn Nero into a stripper, kill off Dante and make Lady the new protagonist...ANYTHING!).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nero is also STILL too old to be Vergil's literal biological son according to director started canon in the final product. Ergo, tis is a notation of early concepts and idea that, as Bingo admitted, were dropped for various reasons.

Zato-OW

King
Neither. Sanctus insinuates that the "mysterious visitor" could POSSIBLY have been Nero's father with some random prostitute in Fortuna. Which is just about BS because even Nero doubts it.
Why do you even waste your time. I had to remember not to waste my time on things of this matter because people will always take something someone said and twist it to serve their own agenda. I have laid down the proof in this thread from them stating that Dante is in fact 10 years older then he was in DMC3 which is basically all you need to shut down this theory of Nero being Vergil's child.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Why do you even waste your time. I had to remember not to waste my time on things of this matter because people will always take something someone said and twist it to serve their own agenda. I have laid down the proof in this thread from them stating that Dante is in fact 10 years older then he was in DMC3 which is basically all you need to shut down this theory of Nero being Vergil's child.
It sadly does not stop people from saying it. Plus I had been answering a legit question about the Deadly Fortune Novellas, so...yeah

Valcorn

Exactly, Kobayashi sucks at math, mystery solved. Figure that if DMC5 were ever to be made and with a different director, that guy could easily scrap half the canon and call it a day? Retcons happen all the time, everything points to Nero being Vergil's son, even voice actors know and say it's obvious, Capcom too said that they thought it to be clear for fans.
I don't know, clones doesn't seem to be the first thing on someone's mind, thus NOPE. The game itself subtly states all over it that Dante is his uncle.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...No, it doesn't. All the game says is that Nero is somewhere in the Sparda Bloodlines, and that Nero is Like Dante, but "carries something different." The gam,e gives no indication or even barest implication that Nero was Vergil's son, only the AU Novel that controdicted the game in several important plot spots tried to "say it" and even then shyed off.

And no, neither Reubon, Johnny, NOR Dan ever said "but Nero is obviously Vergil's son", they said "yeah, we told Capcom about ethfans being confused and divided on Nero or what Nero was, and they were susprised it wasn't obvious." The fact that the Director said JUST FOUR MONTHS before release, basically "gome's done, story's set in final state" that it had been ten years after DMC3, DAMNS the idea the Nero is young enough to be Vergil's son; Dante would be 29/30, Nero would be 17 to 19 at youngest.

Ergo, Unless it's a cloning explination, Nero is not viable Vergil's son, and any claim by Capcom that he is makes no damn sense. And no, the twins are not centuries old, they were in their teens in DMC3, stated by Itsuno.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hang on. How old do people here think Nero is? Because I can tell you right now he is not a teenager. My kid is 13 and I have 2 cousins who are both teenagers, one is 17 and the other is 19 and they both look younger than Nero. This guy looks old enough to vote, old enough to shave, and certainly more than old enough to join the military. Young as he might be he is not THAT young.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Kobayashi said in one interview that Nero is supposed to be the same age in DMC4 that Dante was in DMC3, so that places his around 19. Plus, Artbooks and "Ultimate Guides" are infamous for errornous information and outdated concept ideas that were replaced. The amount of errored info in the Hyrule Hystoria when detailing events in teh timeline of the Zelda series, for instance, was so laughably bad when I was running a panel because it outright controducted the expliciatly said infor in the games themselves.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't really think Dante was THAT young in DMC3 ether.I certainly wouldn't say he was in his teens, maybe in his early 20's but not a teen.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Itsuno specified that Dante and Vergil were in their teens in DMC3, and since they were 8 when Eva was murdered, and 28 in DMC1...yeah, no more than ending 19, maybe barely 20 if you fudge it. That's director's word, and they are final word on the games at that point.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I got the book just now.

I'll remind you that I have no scanner, it is my father and for his purposes it scans on none web friendly formats. It is a softcover, very thick, with alot of material. From my first glance none of the art of DMC 1, 3 nor 4 is new, it does have a few pages for 2, the anime, cameos and a really long interview at the end.

Should I start a new thread?

Where is the option to upload a file from my computer?

cover.jpg

As you can see the scanner is not that great for pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom