• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
how muc
I got the book just now.

I'll remind you that I have no scanner, it is my father and for his purposes it scans on none web friendly formats. It is a softcover, very thick, with alot of material. From my first glance none of the art of DMC 1, 3 nor 4 is new, it does have a few pages for 2, the anime, cameos and a really long interview at the end.

Should I start a new thread?

Where is the option to upload a file from my computer?

cover.jpg

As you can see the scanner is not that great for pictures.
how much did you pay for your copy?

berto

I Saw the Devil
$60 for the book express delivery. For that price I should've just gotten at amazon.jp, I would've gotten a week and a half ago. Don't shop yesasia.com, the buy it from Japan, ship it to themselves in Hong Kong, then they ship it to you via Japan. Get it from a Japanese shop like Hobby.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I had to forstall my order, so i would be interested in scans or at leats some more info.

you can have pictures for the scanner I have is not that good, I can tell you that from the difference of the cover and the scan you see.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hi, I'm new here!
I'm more interested on knowing if there is new information or updates about characters or characters relationships.As you, Berto, said, I've already see a lot of those art in the internet.
I don't know Japanese but I've required in the past translation services for gathering information, so...

Thanks in advance!:)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I got the book just now.
Where is the option to upload a file from my computer?

As you can see the scanner is not that great for pictures.
Hmm you can just try to capture a HD photo that is if you have a HD cam or mobile with 3+ megapixel camera scanner seems to be ****ty
Funny as haters still deny facts, sad, very sad.
Well anything outside the games except for anime is non-canon

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So, has anyone deciphered what the Japanese artbook said? Is Nero really Vergil's son? And does it matter if an artbook (with old art that isn't canon, only concepts) says he is? Genuine question, I really can't read Japanese, you know.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
So, has anyone deciphered what the Japanese artbook said? Is Nero really Vergil's son? And does it matter if an artbook (with old art that isn't canon, only concepts) says he is? Genuine question, I really can't read Japanese, you know.

Considering the director kept emphisising that Nero was not directly related to Dante(and thus also Vergil) and that there was only ten years between dmc3 and 4, I'd say yeah, outdated info that really messes with teh timneline and continuity overall if you try to still shoehorn it in.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, the line in question literaly translates to that Nero is *A* Child to Vergil. The thing is, not only does this defy characterization of Vergil, as well as the director given timeline, this also opens up a can of worms that if Capcom does shoehorn it back in despite not meshing at all with the timelines and character info, as well as given canon...that means Nero's not the ONLY one Vergil spawned to run around...which makes no sense since Vergil's own portrayal is a person who wants power, not family or loved ones that are a liability to him...

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Ugh, crap. So Vergil had Nero when he was around eleven (30 -19 = 11). And even then it doesn't make sense, as Vergil would never have any kind of relationship with a human, much less a child who will never attain the power Vergil always craved. Capcom screwed up big time.

Correction; Dante(and thus vergil) was 29 in DMC4, per the decade gap between it and DMC3 stated by Kobayashi, and he was 28 in DM1, so Vergil would have gotten someone preggers when he was *9* and the kid popped around when he was 10

Valcorn

Kobayashi simply messed up their ages, it's that simple, Dante is older than 29 in DMC4 for sure, it also makes more sense continuity-wise since he acts nothing like in DMC1 and anime, hard to believe he was supposed to have changed that much in a year.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Kobayashi simply messed up their ages, it's that simple, Dante is older than 29 in DMC4 for sure, it also makes more sense continuity-wise since he acts nothing like in DMC1 and anime, hard to believe he was supposed to have changed that much in a year.

I didn't think he looked older than thirty, definitely not forty. I'd find it a very odd (and very specific) mistake to say that DMC4 takes place around a year after DMC1 and thus ten years after DMC3. Aside from that, we've still got the problem that Vergil would never have a child with a human, and wouldn't want his son to grow up as being mostly human. I'd almost say that since he revered Sparda, he would've used Sparda's DNA (or just his own) to genetically engineer him a son. But whatever, it's all screwed up anyway.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I think it's more likley Morihashi Bingo didn't think it through at all when he decided to make Nero into Vergil's son, since it went against characterization, made no sense with all the timelines thus give(Kobayashi had also said during production of the anime that it took place between Dmc1 and 4 within the year span between them, and I did get confirmation of this in 2007 from the anime's directors where the anime happened in the grand scheme; roughly a year before DMC4, which was also just before Kobayashi stated that DMC4 was ten years after DMC3).

Also, Reubon's own comments on having to re-audition for Dante said that it was weird since Dante was supposed to be in late 20s/early 30s, and Reubon himself was in his MID 30s

So, yeah. Capcom's left themselves with major character and story holes with Nero that make no sense. Like, to the point Nero's own ACTOR had to ask them later "um, so yeah, what is the deal with Nero."

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think it's more likley Morihashi Bingo didn't think it through at all when he decided to make Nero into Vergil's son, since it went against characterization, made no sense with all the timelines thus give(Kobayashi had also said during production of the anime that it took place between Dmc1 and 4 within the year span between them, and I did get confirmation of this in 2007 from the anime's directors where the anime happened in the grand scheme; roughly a year before DMC4, which was also just before Kobayashi stated that DMC4 was ten years after DMC3).

So, yeah. Capcom's left themselves with major character and story holes with Nero that make no sense. Like, to the point Nero's own ACTOR had to ask them later "um, so yeah, what is the deal with Nero."

Really? Bosch asked them that? LOL.
No, but seriously, that sucks... no DMC5 possible, I guess.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, Johnny told a story at one con about how there was so much confusion with fans about Nero, and even HE didn't know what the deal was, to the point he asked Capcom, and they told him "...but we thought it was obvious."

And then there was also no actual answer...which means that Capcon really doesn't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom