• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane Sweetbee

This is official!

Vergil is Nero's father!

As6r2vr.jpg

aP3Gqrj.jpg

pKuer8N.jpg

8435e5dde71190efa8930cf0cf1b9d16fdfa60b1_zps016d9c9a.jpg

Nero

He is actually the son of Vergil.

rupok93

Ehh.. thats terrible imo if its true (I can't see anything). This is why I like the new DmC better, plot actually makes sense. I personally think Nero is the worst character in this whole franchise.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I can, you have to copy/paste the link. I'll have it better translated, but the problem is still...Vergil would have been nine when Nero was conceived, because DMC4 is by the director's statement ten years after DMC3, when the Twins were 19, and Dante was NOT in his 40/50s in DMC4. The only way it works is if it turns out that Nero has no actual parents and is a "son" in the same way Kid from Chrono Cross was Schala's daughter; spiritually cloned/split off. Even then, that is horrible storytelling and I can see WHY it was dropped from the story totally and why only Bingo still pushed it.

Also, shouldn't this be in DMC4 or DMC GENERAL, not DmC?

Blazer-X

Copy image url in a new tab. The pictures here are probably an anti-hotlink measure.

Edit: Looks like relevant picture is the last one (character length of name seems to match Nero's name). Someone who can read Japanese confirm what that says?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Well, looks like I'll have to buy this artbook, even though I don't understand sh*t :p

Can anybody translate the text and confirm whether or not it really does confirm that Nero is Vergil's son?

Blazer-X

Yep, just seen it and yes, Nero and Vergil are father and son:blink:

Ahh, nothing to be surprised about. We've known that this was a plot-thread that was cut from the game since the Deadly Fortune graphic novel. Dante hints to it in-game anyway, "about the [Yamato] staying in the family" and then leaving it with Nero.

Possible age discrepancies aside, this has always been a strong theory, even if many fans don't like it. And for what it is worth, the timeline has always been kind of fuzzy, so they could have retcon the amount of time that passed in-between the games.

D H

I can, you have to copy/paste the link. I'll have it better translated, but the problem is still...Vergil would have been nine when Nero was conceived, because DMC4 is by the director's statement ten years after DMC3, when the Twins were 19, and Dante was NOT in his 40/50s in DMC4. The only way it works is if it turns out that Nero has no actual parents and is a "son" in the same way Kid from Chrono Cross was Schala's daughter; spiritually cloned/split off. Even then, that is horrible storytelling and I can see WHY it was dropped from the story totally and why only Bingo still pushed it.

Also, shouldn't this be in DMC4 or DMC GENERAL, not DmC?

I think Bingo tried to get around this by saying "Oh yeah... Nero is totally, like, 16 years old" in the non canon DMC 4 novella. Still would make Vergil 12, maybe 13 when he did the deed. Or it's like what you said with being a "son" in the spiritual/clone/split off sense. Yeah, really see why they dropped it... now if only Bingo had had the good sense to do so.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ahh, nothing to be surprised about. We've known that this was a plot-thread that was cut from the game since the Deadly Fortune graphic novel. Dante hints to it in-game anyway, "about the [Yamato] staying in the family" and then leaving it with Nero.

Possible age discrepancies aside, this has always been a strong theory, even if many fans don't like it. And for what it is worth, the timeline has always been kind of fuzzy, so they could have retcon the amount of time that passed in-between the games.
It just seems so un-Vergil like. In the book, isn't mentioned that a prostitute was Nero's mother or something? If Vergil was going to have a kid, why would he choose a prostitute to be the mother. Besides, he seemed more into gaining power than doing that, and why wouldn't he have stuck around to raise the kid, at least to teach it how to use its demonic power. It just doesn't add up character wise.

Jane Sweetbee

It just seems so un-Vergil like. In the book, isn't mentioned that a prostitute was Nero's mother or something? If Vergil was going to have a kid, why would he choose a prostitute to be the mother. Besides, he seemed more into gaining power than doing that, and why wouldn't he have stuck around to raise the kid, at least to teach it how to use its demonic power. It just doesn't add up character wise.

I don't think it is a prostitute. "prostitute" refers to the mysterious background of Nero's mother. I guess she cannot accept his son and abandoned him. I guess Kat is Nero's mother. Maybe, Vergil raped her in revenge of Dante.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't think it is a prostitute. "prostitute" refers to the mysterious background of Nero's mother. I guess she cannot accept his son and abandoned him. I guess Kat is Nero's mother. Maybe, Vergil raped her in revenge of Dante.
It's not about DmC Vergil, this is DMC3 Vergil. I was just going by what was said about the book.
Plus, I know Vergil in DmC has gone pretty low, but I don't think he'd rape a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom