• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Plans for Devil May Cry!

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
shouldn't this thread be in Devil May Cry General Discussion rather then in the DmC section

but anyway i can't really say I'm surprised
Capcom is still getting back on there feet and any resident evil game is pretty much a guaranteed success

if i had to guess i'd say that after all the negativity that DmC got Capcom probably sees making a new DMC as a risky move right now
i mean id like to think that DMC 5 would sell great but i honestly have no clue what would happen
also DmC didn't come out THAT long ago

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Not surprised, but still disappointed.

If DMC5 is ever made, I doubt it'll be within the next 5 years. Or maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.
don't worry every time i see an event that capcom is at i think DMC 5 is going to be there
i'm overly optimistic we can balance each other out

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not even surprised. At least I have AC syndicate, Scalebound, and other games to look forward to. No hack n slashes for now ;_;

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Disappointed. But there are other games, Witcher 3's keeping me distracted for now. (Between the upcoming DLC and starting a new file)

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Not even surprised. At least I have AC syndicate, Scalebound, and other games to look forward to. No hack n slashes for now ;_;
Transformers devastation just came out today and i think its pretty great so far
if you don't know already its made by platinum so it's like bayonetta but with Transformers

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
when someone says i'll get burned out playing too much DMC

We'll always have those old DMC clones we never played that came out during the PS2 era...
now you got me thinking about clones

like for years all FPS games were just called DOOM clones
even tho Wolf 3D is widely considered the first FPS game

and we could say that Onimusha is to Devil May Cry 1
what Wolfenstin 3D is to DOOM

so pretty much we could say all hack and slash games are DMC clones going by my logic here

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, while I don't want to argue the point, it was technically Zelda II that had the first ever type of "jump-canceling."

Down-thrust.jpg

This was before the cancel combos of Street Fighter II, as well.

-------------

Not to mention, Link already had most of Dante's moves (and juggle physics) in SB64 back in 1999 -- that was before either Onimusha's or DMC1's release dates.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Well, while I don't want to argue the point, it was technically Zelda II that had the first ever type of "jump-canceling."

Down-thrust.jpg

This was before the cancel combos of Street Fighter II, as well.

-------------

Not to mention, Link already had most of Dante's moves (and juggle physics) in SB64 back in 1999 -- that was before either Onimusha's or DMC1's release dates.

and we are way off topic

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Its still a bummer even though we were expecting it but there is still always the create your own story option that fanfics provide.

I'm looking into converting a desktop pc into a gaming pc so theres that and I gotta get back into gaming so ill be ok. Right now im mulling over trying out AC syndicate and trying to think of other games that caught my eye.

For H n S games, there is still Darksiders 2 definitive edition and hellblade.

Judge

A lot of nothing can also happen, but we'll see.
shouldn't this thread be in Devil May Cry General Discussion rather then in the DmC section

but anyway i can't really say I'm surprised
Capcom is still getting back on there feet and any resident evil game is pretty much a guaranteed success

if i had to guess i'd say that after all the negativity that DmC got Capcom probably sees making a new DMC as a risky move right now
i mean id like to think that DMC 5 would sell great but i honestly have no clue what would happen
also DmC didn't come out THAT long ago

I think a new DmC or DMC5 would sell about 1.5 mil copies; Capcom seem to want at least 2 mil units to sell in the first year.

Was hoping Gregaman could comment on anything he knows if he's watching.

Sesha

"No plans" is just PR speak. It's the same as "no comment". It means absolutely nothing.

Marketing campaigns for big titles like DMC are tightly run ships. They have a firm marketing plan which they're going to stick to. He's not going to confirm or deny the existence of any new DMC games or any other title in a completely random magazine interview. He can say "no plans" in a hundred interviews even if DMC5 was to release tomorrow, because that's how these things work. Similar comments have been made regarding other games which were then announced weeks or months after the fact.

You'll hear nothing from Gregaman on this because even if he knows something he's not allowed to say anything, whether confirm or deny, because it could mean his job.

Last edited:

Frazz

General gamer
I knew this would happen... I just hope we get a DMC5 before I turn 80 years old. The more Capcom pushes DMC5 back the more I think that it's just vapourware like Half-Life 3... A dream that probably won't come to be.

Vinosh

I am not surprised now.
I was curious it would look dmc 5 with playstation 4 graphics. :'(

Top Bottom