• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Clones

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well... we all knew it would happen one day. While there might be hope for the future, I myself am not too optimistic.

I didn't post this in the General DMC section because this covers a wide array of titles. If anyone else has anything else to add, then feel free to do so.

----------------

In no particular order:

• Ghost Rider
  • Chaos Legion
  • DmC
  • Rygar
  • Van Helsing
----------------

If anyone wants add any GoW titles like Wolverine Origins (or any Ninja Gaiden clones like Ninja Blade), then by all means, go right ahead.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, there you go guys. We're already up to six legitimately decent titles.

I can't count Shinobi and Nanobreaker though, because the former doesn't have any decent combos, and the latter has no air combos (from what I've seen).

So... Prototype series ftw.

Last edited:

Sesha

There are quite a few games that were either directly or indirectly inspired by DMC.

- Alter Echo
- Bloodrayne
- Bujingai
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence & Curse of Darkness
- Dororo/Blood Will Tell
- Eve of Extinction
- Genji
- Ghost Rider
- God of War and its imitators
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- Dante's Inferno
- Darksiders
- Heavenly Sword
- Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
- Splatterhouse
- Wolverine Origins​
- Hellboy: The Science of Evil
- The Legacy of Kain series:
- Soul Reaver 2
- Blood Omen 2
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance​
- Mark of Kri & Rise of the Kasai
- Ninja Blade
- Ninja Gaiden
- Nano Breaker
- Oneechanbara
- Other Capcom titles:
- Chaos Legion
- Sengoku Basara/Devil Kings​
- Otogi
- Rygar
- Shinobi & Nightshade
- Spartan: Total Warrior
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- The Sword of Etheria
- Van Helsing
- Viking: Battle for Asgard
- Wet
- X-Blades & Blades of Time

And of course there's the Platinum titles like Anarchy Reigns, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and The Wonderful 101. These are the ones I'm aware of, but there are probably a couple more I haven't listed. There are a few indies inspired by DMC like Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Proxy Blade Zero, Heart and Slash and Aces Wild.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I played once an Korean MMORPG called Elsword but for me it is like DMC game since this MMO uses combo meter and dungeon result screen what can be mistaken for DMC game since it is also Hack and Slash MMORPG like so sometimes i call this DMC clone too but in online department now too. BTW new duo character Lu/Ciel on one of second jobs have Ciel resemble Dante too.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well one of screenies of Korean DMC MMORPG alike:

11891009_1015883701785215_6563599697753061801_n.jpg

Yeah, that's a pretty good game; a rare example of free-to-play done right.

Yep true, i mostly had in this even in PVP SS ranks but beacuse most of players sometimes not understand characters strengh and weaknesses so much. BTW also that new DMC inspired class and char in one beside Dante like Ciel have well one of combination attack where they summon even Korean look alike version of Sparda ( i not remember attack name but something like that is in game really)

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Rygar is more like God of war actually Spawn is much more of a DMC clone with its gameplay.
It feels so much like Devil may cry its not even funny.
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness play a lot like the first Devil May Cry.
Man why is it so hard for them make a god damn 3d Castlevania game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be honest I wouldn't say The force unleashed is a DMC clone as I saw it as a regular hack n slash title than a stylish action game.

It lacks the variety or challenge you tend to associate with DMC or Ninja Gaiden etc.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
But it's similar to Devil May Cry right?
Actually, a lot of elements from Onimusha made it into the first Devil May Cry. For instance, a glitch found in the original game, where an enemy can be slashed into the air and remain perpetually suspended in mid-air, was later converted into Dante's ability to knock enemies into the air with his sword and keep them suspended there by shooting at them constantly with his guns. So if anything, Devil May Cry is similar to Onimusha, not the other way around.

Of course, both games were produced as Resident Evil games initially. Onimusha's name in development was even called "Sengoku Resident Evil."

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Actually, a lot of elements from Onimusha made it into the first Devil May Cry. For instance, a glitch found in the original game, where an enemy can be slashed into the air and remain perpetually suspended in mid-air, was later converted into Dante's ability to knock enemies into the air with his sword and keep them suspended there by shooting at them constantly with his guns. So if anything, Devil May Cry is similar to Onimusha, not the other way around.

Of course, both games were produced as Resident Evil games initially. Onimusha's name in development was even called "Sengoku Resident Evil."

AHHH Noted #thankyoufortheknowledge

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So if anything, Devil May Cry is similar to Onimusha, not the other way around.
Not to contradict you, but in my personal opinion, the juggle physics came from -- you know what? You already know this story, I'm just trying to reaffirm that the whole juggling thing was around long before Onimusha's bug.

----------

The downward thrust technically counts as juggling, since both you and almost any airborne enemy you encounter can remain in the air for a considerable amount of time...

Down-thrust.jpg

... Sorry. But I really do think that this is the sort of thing that should be spread around more often.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Not to contradict you, but in my personal opinion, the juggle physics came from -- you know what? You already know this story, I'm just trying to reaffirm that the whole juggling thing was around long before Onimusha's bug.
Well, I didn't mean juggling in general, Verg. I was mainly talking about the "gun-juggling" Dante does with Ebony and Ivory, which Hideki Kamiya claims was something he decided to put to use in the first DMC.

Juggling as a means of attack has been a thing in gaming for a while, as you pointed out.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
is this van helsing game you guys listed in the ps2 game? thx to this i just you tubed it and wow, the game looks awesome

Top Bottom