• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo X Platinum Games: "Star Fox Zero"

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
WHY HIDEKI KAMIYA ISN'T WORKING ON THE GAME
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...star_fox_zero_and_collaborating_with_nintendo

DMC creator Hideki Kamiya has constantly stated over the years how he's always wanted to develop a Star Fox game himself. According to this recently-surfaced interview with Bayonetta 2 Director Yusuke Hashimoto, the only reason Kamiya ISN'T working on the game with the rest of Platinum is because he was busy with the development of Scalebound when Nintendo approached them for a collaboration.

I'm honestly relieved that he isn't working on it---strictly speaking, I was always afraid Kamiya would bring far too much "style-over-substance" to the series had he been allowed to work on it.

WolfOD64

GAMESTOP LISTS PROMOTIONAL STAR FOX ZERO STATUES

Welp. There goes my paycheck for next week:
630x.jpg

WolfOD64

STAR FOX ZERO UPDATE VIA DIRECT

So, first and foremost, Star Fox Zero is not delayed and is STILL being released on April 22nd (which is a huge relief, because the last game in the series that was delayed repeatedly never ended up getting a release at all)

A lot of features were mentioned over the course of the Direct:

• An entirely different game will be packaged with Star Fox Zero---a mini-game spin-off in the vein of Captain Toad Treasure tracker, in the form of a Tower Defense game called Star Fox Guard...involving Slippy and his Uncle Grippy (no, I'm not kidding when I say that), included with the core game for free.
    qZIqLUF.png
M3XtDzD.png

2E3f1DF.png
  • The gameplay will feature the inclusion of inter-dimensional "teleporters" that will allow branching pathways and alternate game routes (apparently, there's a narrative reason for this as well, although this currently remains unknown)
  • Two-player Co-Op is available for the main campaign, which will allow one player to control the Arwing with a Wii U Controller Pro, and the other player acting as gunner whilst aiming with the GamePad
  • Amiibo Support has finally been detailed---and will transform the Arwing Model to resemble the original polygonal one from the SNES classic (which sends ripples of nostalgia down my weak spine in so many ways).
    a3rZYxN.png
Some faimilar faces were confirmed in the trailer as well, sporting their new Zero Designs:
75uWXgH.png

The lavish lady, Katt Monroe...
bonIb6s.png

...and this guy. You---probably don't know who he is. I sure don't.
And before you ask: yes. I'm immeasurably excited. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WolfOD64

This Japanese trailer with the Star Fox Team gathering to play Star Fox Guard, and Falco losing his **** at the end made me laugh for a solid minute​

Top Bottom