• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nintendo X Platinum Games: "Star Fox Zero"

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
star-fox-zero.jpg

Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy save the Lylat system in this new deep space dogfighting adventure. Using the Wii U GamePad controller and the TV together creates a unique interface that allows players to experience the game with two different viewpoints within the Arwing – aim and shoot enemies in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for a more cinematic flight experience. Then, pilot the Arwing with its new Walker transformation, along with the new Gyrowing and the Landmaster Tank, to traverse interplanetary terrain.

Features:
  • Fan favorite characters return with new and well-known dialogue from Fox McCloud, Slippy, Peppy, Falco and more, which can sound like they’re talking in your ear like a from a headset with clever sound technology.
  • Players can intuitively pilot an Arwing by simply using both the right and left control sticks as a control stick to perform familiar flight maneuvers, such as the somersault, U-turn and a Barrel Roll.
  • Replay the same exotic planets with other vehicles and extra missions can be selected on top of going through the story.
  • Two different viewpoints, the traditional style of TV gameplay and the new unique cockpit view on the Wii U GamePad controller combines to create a unique interface to aim and shoot in one direction while flying in another. This frees up the TV for more cinematic moments in a brand-new all range mode.
  • Pilot the new and improved Arwing with its new Walker transformation and take control of a new Drone type plane, the Gyrowing. The Landmaster Tank returns, equipped with a new, limited flight form.
  • Developed in partnership with Platinum Games.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Square Enix just announced a P* developed sequel to NieR. Good to see them keeping busy with 4 working titles in the making.

WolfOD64

Square Enix just announced a P* developed sequel to NieR. Good to see them keeping busy with 4 working titles in the making.
I heard about NIER 2 as well. I've been meaning to play the first one, and now I'm happy the game's getting a sequel...a surprising revelation, given the relative cult status it's had for some time.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece

Unfortunately, that also means P* isn't gonna be doing another MGR or Bayonetta for a while. And let's kill any dreams of them making a DMC while we're at it.

Though to be honest, I was pretty depressed by Nintendo's showing. Another year of E3, another year without a new F-Zero...

WolfOD64

Though to be honest, I was pretty depressed by Nintendo's showing. Another year of E3, another year without a new F-Zero...
Shigeru Miyamoto said recently that they have no idea where to go with F-Zero next...which is easy to understand, seeing as how F-Zero GX was meant to be the begin-all-end-all, definitive game in the series.

If you want a next-gen F-Zero, the closest thing you'll get is Fast-Racing NEO. 1080p, 60FPS, with local and online multiplayer.

berto

I Saw the Devil
And let's kill any dreams of them making a DMC while we're at it.
I never had any illusions of that. I would've love for it to be so but I knew. After so many E3's and TGS's with no news or announcements I stopped letting myself get excited about possible rumors.

WolfOD64

Heard it suppose to be bad looking. Dunno where this rumours came from :/
The vocal repulsion against the graphics is completely overblown. People are actually saying that it looks like a GameCube game. Now...*removes spectacles*, I own the GameCube. It's my favorite console ever, and I've seen the best the hardware can do---visually engraving it in my eyes, even. And I've seen both Star Fox games on that system, and I'll tell you this right now:

The GameCube. Would've Never. Been able to run this.

I think people are just whining because the art style resembles Star Fox 64 so much...
...a complaint I find both amusing and infuriating, since these are the same wretches that complained about the graphics and art style in Assault, AKA, the definitive-looking Star Fox game in the series.

For people that whined for a decade about wanting a sequel to Star Fox 64, only to get EXACTLY what they asked for...they don't seem nearly as gratified as they should be.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The vocal repulsion against the graphics is completely overblown. People are actually saying that it looks like a GameCube game. Now...*removes spectacles*, I own the GameCube. It's my favorite console ever, and I've seen the best the hardware can do---visually engraving it in my eyes, even. And I've seen both Star Fox games on that system, and I'll tell you this right now:

The GameCube. Would've Never. Been able to run this.

I think people are just whining because the art style resembles Star Fox 64 so much...
...a complaint I find both amusing and infuriating, since these are the same wretches that complained about the graphics and art style in Assault, AKA, the definitive-looking Star Fox game in the series.

For people that whined for a decade about wanting a sequel to Star Fox 64, only to get EXACTLY what they asked for...they don't seem nearly as gratified as they should be.
I dunno I never played single star fox game and that looks pretty cool so far. It just doesn't try to be realistic thats all. But oh well. weird.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I remember when that one game dev said that the wii was "two gamecubes" duct-taped together...

In any event, why would the fans be complaining if they wanted something that looks exactly like SF64?

WolfOD64

I dunno I never played single star fox game and that looks pretty cool so far. It just doesn't try to be realistic thats all. But oh well. weird.
Star Fox went the realistic route a long time ago. It was kind of scary.

I'd rather they stick to Assault's 80's sci-fi anime look.

In any event, why would the fans be complaining if they wanted something that looks exactly like SF64?
Fans aren't complaining. Outsiders that have only played like one game in the series are leaping on the hate bandwagon...just like they have for EVERY game that isn't Star Fox 64.

They haven't even played the game, and they're already observing gameplay footage from the fixed altitude of their upturned noses.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Rail-shooter. Think Panzer Dragoon or Space Harrier.

Not entirely rail shooter. You've got the 3D adventure game segments with the Gyrowing and the land combat with the Walker and Landmaster.

Speaking of, the whole "infiltrating the battleship" segment with the Walker in the Corneria level looks freaking sweet.

WolfOD64

Speaking of, the whole "infiltrating the battleship" segment with the Walker in the Corneria level looks freaking sweet.
That entire segment is a massive homage to the original games on the Super Nintendo. Just watching that stage sent me flashbacks of the Space Armada level from the very first game, where you dive into numerous flying fortresses and demolish them from the inside.

The emphasis on rewarding exploration also intrigues me. The one thing I hope they'll implement, among many things, was Assault's system of wingmates rewarding you with shields and bombs every time you saved them.

Top Bottom