• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

AlchemistFromEden

The fact that you mock my opinion is very telling of how mature you are, by all means continue saying things that will make me disregard all of YOUR opinions from now on.
no i just find it ironic that you tout about how you should get your money's worth and then play a game like god hand, that's irony at its finest imo

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
no i just find it ironic that you tout about how you should get your money's worth and then play a game like god hand, that's irony at its finest imo

Oh of course it is and your list of fine points explaining how God Hand is a bad game are both valid and well explained.

How about you stop acting like a lofty bag of **** and actually grace us with your wise words of wisdom or is a post beyond "lawl my taste in games is better then yours lofuckingl" too much trouble for you?

Dominus

I think the point about it being close to perfection is debatable but suggesting that God Hand is not worth the money you paid for it requires some kind of explanation. I personally put close to the amount of hours into God Hand that I did DMC3 (both SE and vanilla). Plus God Hand is one of the only action games that has a robust move list that allows you to customize 90 percent of your moves. Not to mention collectables, 50 challenges to complete, an extra hard difficulty (KMS run) that completely changes how you play the game (not relying on roulettes and God Hand)

AlchemistFromEden

Oh of course it is and your list of fine points explaining how God Hand is a bad game are both valid and well explained.

How about you stop acting like a lofty bag of **** and actually grace us with your wise words of wisdom or is a post beyond "lawl my taste in games is better then yours lofuckingl" too much trouble for you?
calm down dude, i don't really need to explain why i don't like god hand or why i view it is at best a decent game
-cinematic gameplay
-a compelling narrative
-characters with depth
-original environments that are colorful and visually appealing and VARIED
-an original character
god hand imo has none of these and these are what i look for in a game, especially when it comes to environments, which is why i can't wait to play god of war ascension and bioshock infinite because they both have all of these factors, btw, god hand only sold 0.07m, because it appealed to a very small minority of gamers who think the word hardcore makes you a better gamer than those who play things like legend of zelda, i don't think its getting a sequel anytime soon for these reasons

Ters

Dominus theres not much point in trying to reason with this guy

he said a few posts ago that Sonic 06 wasn't bad, so his opinions on everything in the history of ever are objectively worthless

AlchemistFromEden

Dominus theres not much point in trying to reason with this guy

he said a few posts ago that Sonic 06 wasn't bad, so his opinions on everything in the history of ever are objectively worthless
oh look, another guy that doesn't know how to properly read so his mind twists whatever he reads into his own twisted view of reality, for example
"sonic 06 is a below average game" somehow translates to "OMGURRDD, SONIC 06 IS SOOOO GOOODDDDD" in other words, in other words, LEARN TO READ AND DON'T QUOTE ME OUT OF CONTEXT

AlchemistFromEden

I think the point about it being close to perfection is debatable but suggesting that God Hand is not worth the money you paid for it requires some kind of explanation. I personally put close to the amount of hours into God Hand that I did DMC3 (both SE and vanilla). Plus God Hand is one of the only action games that has a robust move list that allows you to customize 90 percent of your moves. Not to mention collectables, 50 challenges to complete, an extra hard difficulty (KMS run) that completely changes how you play the game (not relying on roulettes and God Hand)
that would be all well and good if it didn't appeal to a very niche amount of gamers and didn't have a story that made me puke because of how bad it was, i listed what a i look for in a game, god hand has none of those things, therefore, in my opinion, god hand is not a good game, for people like me, hence the reason why a sequel was never made

Dante47

ABANDON THREAD
Abandon.gif

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'm not sure what NT might be making, but I hope it's good, fun and worth the money, that's for sure. Like DmC 2 or something. ^_^

Dominus

calm down dude, i don't really need to explain why i don't like god hand or why i view it is at best a decent game
-cinematic gameplay
-a compelling narrative
-characters with depth
-original environments that are colorful and visually appealing and VARIED
-an original character
god hand imo has none of these and these are what i look for in a game, especially when it comes to environments, which is why i can't wait to play god of war ascension and bioshock infinite because they both have all of these factors, btw, god hand only sold 0.07m, because it appealed to a very small minority of gamers who think the word hardcore makes you a better gamer than those who play things like legend of zelda, i don't think its getting a sequel anytime soon for these reasons
Japan: 0.07m 100.0%
+ Rest of the World: 0.00m 0.0%
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/868/god-hand/
That's from VG chartz and is not accurate at all. God Hand didn't sell 0 units in the rest of the world... (lol).

that would be all well and good if it didn't appeal to a very niche amount of gamers and didn't have a story that made me puke because of how bad it was, i listed what a i look for in a game, god hand has none of those things, therefore, in my opinion, god hand is not a good game, for people like me, hence the reason why a sequel was never made
You are not the sole reason a sequel is not being made, let alone you don't speak for others that played the game. I'll admit the game had a learning curve with the controls, but the game had next to no advertising budget behind it and that really determines how well a game well sell, especially a niche market. I would have bought the game on launch day in a second but I didn't even know it existed until 2008-2009 and only through reading a forum post on it.

AlchemistFromEden

Japan: 0.07m 100.0%
+ Rest of the World: 0.00m 0.0%
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/868/god-hand/
That's from VG chartz and is not accurate at all. God Hand didn't sell 0 units in the rest of the world... (lol).
pretty sure that's an indication that it didn't sell very well outside of japan, i mean even mikami said that the game wasn't very good due to it trying to appeal to a very small minority
http://www.destructoid.com/mikami-god-hand-failed-because-of-creative-freedom-169979.phtml

Dominus

pretty sure that's an indication that it didn't sell very well outside of japan, i mean even mikami said that the game was a fail due to it trying to appeal to a very small minority
http://www.destructoid.com/mikami-god-hand-failed-because-of-creative-freedom-169979.phtml
Regardless VGChartz is known to be wildly inaccurate when it comes to sales numbers. They sample such a small percentage of retailers that there error is huge.
Its partly why I love God Hand because Mikami had complete creative control over it, but I know that like most clover games had next to no advertising which plays a bigger role than anything. That's partly why the first AC game sold like 5 million units, because EA advertised the **** out of that game. Even regardless of advertising beat-em ups hardly sell well, and I think they are a pretty niche genre because they never got a real big splash on 3d consoles (most were failures).

Trinity Smash

Speaking of, you guys ever see the gameplay demo for "Watch Dogs" on the PlayStation 4? 'Cause if you haven't, check this out and skip around just to peep the insane new graphics.

Now imagine DmC with those graphics; the accurate facial expressions, the extremely high background quality, the way the main character's coat realistically waves around smoothly, etc. That'd be so kickass in DmC!
That would be so kickass

AlchemistFromEden

Its partly why I love God Hand because Mikami had complete creative control over it, but I know that like most clover games had next to no advertising which plays a bigger role than anything. That's partly why the first AC game sold like 5 million units, because EA advertised the **** out of that game. Even regardless of advertising beat-em ups hardly sell well, and I think they are a pretty niche genre because they never got a real big splash on 3d consoles (most were failures).
some of the best selling games haven't had any commercials dude or advertising dude, actually, people found out about the first dmc mostly through a game demo, and look how that turned out

You are not the sole reason a sequel is not being made, let alone you don't speak for others that played the game. I'll admit the game had a learning curve with the controls, but the game had next to no advertising budget behind it and that really determines how well a game well sell, especially a niche market. I would have bought the game on launch day in a second but I didn't even know it existed until 2008-2009 and only through reading a forum post on it.[/quote]
hmmm, funny i don't remember saying that i am the reason god hand didn't sell well, point is, games should embrace creative freedom while also appealing to a large amount of people imo, which is why halo 4 is still doing well despite being a complete far cry from the original halo formula

Dominus

some of the best selling games haven't had any commercials dude or advertising dude, actually, people found out about the first dmc mostly through a game demo, and look how that turned out.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. There were advertisements on TV, gaming magazines and the Internet for DMC1 in addition to the demo.
Demoes rarely boost sales a bunch, just look at DmC. Top downloaded demo on PS3 for the month it was released and DmC ended up not selling that well.

AlchemistFromEden

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. There were advertisements on TV, gaming magazines and the Internet for DMC1 in addition to the demo.
Demoes rarely boost sales a bunch, just look at DmC. Top downloaded demo on PS3 for the month it was released and DmC ended up not selling that well.
it sold pretty well imo with 700k sales plus the 1million shipped copies, btw, that commercial was pretty good

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
So I don't like the new direction Resident Evil is taking...I mean I really, really don't like it. I'm not a fan of the survival horror being traded in for action. Sure I liked Resident Evil 4, I've played it a lot, but that was about it. 5 wasn't memorable for me and 6 felt like a jumble of different games all in one. But the fact is for me 4, 5 and 6 just don't feel like a Resident Evil games to me anymore, nothing like the early games with the mansion or Raccoon City.

But...do I go on youtube videos of Resident Evil or Resident Evil forums posting abuse at those who do like them and calling those games sh*t and being creatively aggressive in my language when I do? Do I twitter Capcom, or make videos about them wishing they'd die for abandoning THEIR survival horror roots as if I owned the rights to the game? Am I going to ridicule every little word they say and turn it against them? NO! I might be upset but I'm not going to sink to that level of stupidity, because it's rude, it's abusive, and if I tried that stunt in a work or a school environment I'd get sacked or kicked out.

I might be a true fan of Resident Evil series because I followed those games from day one, but I don't have special priliveges over the future of Resident Evil. I hope things will change sure and I'll openly talk about that, but if they do another RE6 game I'm not going to start it 'let's give this company/series/fandom hell' campaign in the hope of getting my 'classic' series back.

People need to learn when to just walk away.
With all due respect, I actually did come across a couple of articles that stated that RE is planning on returning to it's roots. If it wasn't for the complaints that others have spoke up against with RE 6, then Capcom wouldn't be thinking about this in the first place. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ill-return-to-its-roots-with-possible-reboot/

While I do believe that some of these complaints ie the death threats and attacking others who do like these games is going too far, voicing your dislike of a game or companies' actions is not stupidity, it's speaking out for something you don't support and change won't happen unless something is done about it. Point blank.

AlchemistFromEden

With all due respect, I actually did come across a couple of articles that stated that RE is planning on returning to it's roots. If it wasn't for the complaints that others have spoke up against with RE 6, then Capcom wouldn't be thinking about this in the first place. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ill-return-to-its-roots-with-possible-reboot/

While I do believe that some of these complaints ie the death threats and attacking others who do like these games is going too far, voicing your dislike of a game or companies' actions is not stupidity, it's speaking out for something you don't support and change won't happen unless something is done about it. Point blank.
thing is, with this reboot and its very much better story and very good potential to be expanded, the whole return to roots thing is the complete opposite of what should happen

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I actually hope they're not working on a DmC sequel just yet, I would much rather see some interesting new IP from them. Maybe a new franchise to be a contender in the hack n slash genre? If it's DLC for DmC that might be pretty cool because Vergil's Downfall was fantastic gameplay wise!

Top Bottom