• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Gaiden II [General Discussion]

Keaton

Premium
Proxy-limit;95959 said:
I can't play period! I never made it past the first chapter!:wacko:

Are you still willing to try? Or have you given up? I know I wanted to :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The thing with the Blade of the Archfiend is, it's both the Blade and the True Dragon Sword, therefore the damage is going to be greater, the TDS is incredibly effective up until the point where you get the Blade of the Archfiend, then it pales in comparison.

Just like the Scythe is so much stronger for obvious reasons, it's larger, heavier and has more weight behind it's strikes, the Blade of the Archfiend is stronger because it's two incredibly powerful blades, which basically doubles the amount you can do as oppossed to using the True Dragon Sword on it's own.

I must admit, I managed to complete the game on Path of the Warrior in just over a day, but that's because I'm used to the crushing difficulty of Ninja Gaiden in general, and yes, the second form can throw a lot out of perspective.

Since I got the Blade of the Archfied, it's all I use, I only use the TDS when I want more speed in my attacks, but yes, the Blade of the Archfied is by far the most effective weapon to use against the Archfiend's second form.

Oh and Keaton, I LOVE your signature. :D

Keaton

Premium
Angelo Credo;96080 said:
The thing with the Blade of the Archfiend is, it's both the Blade and the True Dragon Sword, therefore the damage is going to be greater, the TDS is incredibly effective up until the point where you get the Blade of the Archfiend, then it pales in comparison.

Just like the Scythe is so much stronger for obvious reasons, it's larger, heavier and has more weight behind it's strikes, the Blade of the Archfiend is stronger because it's two incredibly powerful blades, which basically doubles the amount you can do as oppossed to using the True Dragon Sword on it's own.

I must admit, I managed to complete the game on Path of the Warrior in just over a day, but that's because I'm used to the crushing difficulty of Ninja Gaiden in general, and yes, the second form can throw a lot out of perspective.

Since I got the Blade of the Archfied, it's all I use, I only use the TDS when I want more speed in my attacks, but yes, the Blade of the Archfied is by far the most effective weapon to use against the Archfiend's second form.

Oh and Keaton, I LOVE your signature. :D

I guess thats true - seems pretty logial that two badass swords are better than one ^__^

Thanks for the compliment, you can use it in your if you like...i'm not fussed ^___^

I was inspired when I found the illustration of the Fiend Ryu Costume, which I luckily got via 'false' pre-order, and it rocks ^___^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hah, that signature deserves a compliment, it rocks, did you make it?

I wish I got that Pre-Order thing for the costumes, I'm stuck with Type-20 and Dark Blood, well, Type-20 still looks pretty nice.

The punishing difficulty of Ninja Gaiden makes this game for me, seeing as this is a general discussion, may I ask, what's the weapon you use most frequently?

Keaton

Premium
Angelo Credo;96090 said:
Hah, that signature deserves a compliment, it rocks, did you make it?

Yup! Got a bit bored earlier and needed a new one ^__^

I wish I got that Pre-Order thing for the costumes, I'm stuck with Type-20 and Dark Blood, well, Type-20 still looks pretty nice.

Never fear! In July (at some point) it becomes available for standard Xbox purchase via Points ^___^

The punishing difficulty of Ninja Gaiden makes this game for me, seeing as this is a general discussion, may I ask, what's the weapon you use most frequently?

It used to be the Scythe, because it just cuts so well!
Then my learning curve kicked in and I started using the Dragons Sword (and then True) and the Blade of the Archfiend has started being used alot more since I got it, now I'm in the process of testing out all the weapons...Kunai and Chain, CatClaws (awesome!)...but it always comes down between the TDS and BAF :D

Awesome!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Good to know it'll become open to purchase with points.

I pretty much always stick to the Blade of the Archfiend and Falcon's Talons, mix it up in combat for some serious visual combat style, certainly impressive to watch in the Ninja Cinema!

I could never get used to the Kusari-Gama, it was always too fidly for my tastes, don't get me wrong, the chain moves make for fantastic crowd control, but that's the only time it ever sees use with me.

The Scythe was fun for a while, but do you find that when you're using it, it becomes far too easy to become overwhelmed if you can;t time your strikes well? My timing is off with it and I can never get it right, always end up getting swarmed because of how slow it is.

If you wouldn't object, if I can find a suitable picture, would you create a Ninja Gaiden signature for me?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
So yeah, dude, can you make me one too?

Also do you mind if I took that one for use on one of my Ninja gaiden forums?

Angelo credo, do you wanna join a good Ninja gaiden community?

What about you keaton?

Keaton

Premium
Bringerofchaos;96159 said:
So yeah, dude, can you make me one too?

Sure Thing ^___^ I have a small archive of bg images (ie. where Ryu is against the moonlight in mine) so I will throw a few together, if you have a specific image/text to apply say so and i'll do it ^____^

Also do you mind if I took that one for use on one of my Ninja gaiden forums?

No problem at all, feel free, a link back to my members profle here or just the DMC Forums would be nice to add there though :)

Angelo credo, do you wanna join a good Ninja gaiden community?

What about you keaton?

Sure I do! ^___^

EDIT: Signed up, although it seems pretty quiet atm ^___^

EDIT again: New avatar!

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Hey Bringerofchaos do you think the best way to build a good karma score is to use UT's all the time?

Trying to get a good karma score on my Mentor file.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, if you want your Karma score higher, the general idea is to avoid using Ninpo if possible, make use of frequent ultimate attacks, complete the mission as fast as you possibly can, try and avoid the use of items unless absolutely necessary and kill as many enemies as you can.

Those factors are basically what decides your Karma score at the end of a mission.

Keaton

Premium
iirc an Ultimate Technique is only 3000 Karma, whereas the Obliteration Technique is 5000 o_O

BUT you get the Killing Spree bonus and more enemies killed bonus by using the UT >.< Confuzzling!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
PorKYkinG;96329 said:
Hey Bringerofchaos do you think the best way to build a good karma score is to use UT's all the time?

Trying to get a good karma score on my Mentor file.
I've noticed linking them helps your score too, but as Angelo credo said, those are the standards. Meet them.

Keaton

Premium
Lol you know you've got better when you can up your difficulty level and never use any healing items or get below 50% hP. O_O!

The first three levels on the 'Normal' difficulty...sure it may not be that impressive to NG hardcore players...but hey, I feel like I have achieved something ^___^

Top Bottom