• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Gaiden II [General Discussion]

Keaton

Premium
Thought I would open up this mainly because I fear that I will start other threads with minor rants about how the AI love cheap shots and why bosses are easier than their minions o_O

Keaton

Premium
Bringerofchaos;95156 said:
I'm currently on Path of the master ninja.

Yeah? I am on the easiest difficulty atm, but keep getting 'Master Ninja' come up at the end of every level so far....what does that mean?

Also I am, stuck on a big fire tortoise/armadillo like-boss >.<

How many cheap shots does this game take at a player...?!

Firing Rocks at you?!
Inferno-Roll of Doom?!
Unavoidable Flamethrower?!
Grab-Chew-Fire Blast Attack?!

>.<!

Sir Psycho No 6

Keaton;95301 said:
Yeah? I am on the easiest difficulty atm, but keep getting 'Master Ninja' come up at the end of every level so far....what does that mean?

Also I am, stuck on a big fire tortoise/armadillo like-boss >.<

How many cheap shots does this game take at a player...?!

Firing Rocks at you?!
Inferno-Roll of Doom?!
Unavoidable Flamethrower?!
Grab-Chew-Fire Blast Attack?!

>.<!

Wait, you're having trouble on that boss at it isn't by the bit after you've killed it? On ACOLYTE?
How bad are you?!

You have to fight two of those later on by the way.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Before you say NG is cheap I think you should analize how you fight and take out what you do thats cheap.

You can't play NG like DMC.

Don't try to.

Those aren't cheap attacks, in fact they are regular attacks you'd see in anyother game.

So before you say it takes cheap shots... learn how to play or you'll never make it past warrior, let alone Mentor.

Keaton

Premium
Woa, tough crowd.

I'm past that now, waaay past.

It was simply me venting my frustration ¬.¬;

I understand that this game isn't Devil May Cry, and also shouldn't be played the same, but tbh there are a couple of elements that should be utilized...particually the Lock-On feature that DMC uses...afterall it would compensate for the poor camera management.

Also...as per the comment about the Fire-turtle thing...beating it wasn't a problem, i had defeated that thing around 15 times before I tried 'blocking' the nuclear blast which is an instant kill.

My reasons for believing that this game does have its fair amount of cheap-shots against new players to the series. For example getting overloaded by incinedary shurikens, or getting shot from behind during the trials which prevents any kind of consecutive combo.

Bare in mind, as I say, I am new to the series and I really like the game...I am still getting to grips with the gameplay still.

SO I apologize if I sound a tad brash, but again, I have never played a NG game...and many of the elements seem cheap ATM, that doesnt mean they are it is how they are appearing to me...A NEW PLAYER.

If you have any tips they would be appreciated ^_^

Keaton

Premium
Bringerofchaos;95459 said:
Tips? Sure, anytime.

The element I have difficulty with isnt' the one-on-one melee combat, I can dodge, utilize distance attacks and the envionment pretty well...especially against the 'humanoid' enemies.

Its against the bigger brutes whom you can't use Counter Attacks against and ESPECIALLY enemies whom overuse projectiles such as the incinedary Shuriken, Multi-Rocket Launchers and Machnine Guns.

I find it hard to dis-member them and get up a combo which would lead to a killing spree >.<

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Welcome to the only thing in Ninja gaiden no one is good at.

Yeah... The projectiles are a bytch, but theres nothing you can do.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've just bought this game myself, but I've been playing Ninja Gaiden for a LONG time and even I'll admit that the difficulty curve for a new player to the series is like running head long into a brick wall.

The game's system is very different from your usual Hack-And-Slash type game, with Ninja Gaiden, if you make one mistake, you WILL be made to pay for it, as far as tips go, for general enemies, two words I shall offer you.

Flying Swallow.

This move has to be the greatest for dispatching your general enemies quickly and making you basically untouchable at the same time, if you get overwhelmed, feel free to use Ninpo, don't feel like it's a precious thing because that's what it's there for, granted it does little against bosses, Ninpo is really there to help you out of tough situations.

But yes, Flying Swallow is your best friend and it always will be, I'm assuming you know how to use it, if not, jump towards the enemy and press Y.

I'm not that far into Ninja Gaiden 2, only just got it today, but I find it plays like the Xbox originals, the first boss I took down in literally about 10 seconds, one fully charged Ultimate Attack followed up by a level 1 attack ends that fight.

I'll also say this much, the Dragon Sword is also your best friend, basically every other weapon pales in comparison in terms of how easily you can take down enemies, sure you've got things like the Scythe, which is powerful, but slow, the Dragon Sword should basically be at your side as and whenever possible.

Hope I helped, if only a little.

Sir Psycho No 6

Use flying swallow on a group of big fiends so there's a chance you will behead them (quickest way of getting rid of them). And for rocket guys always jump and dash to them then flying swallow + combo. For the incendiary shuriken guys just use Izuna drop on them as much as you can.

Keaton

Premium
Woa! Thanks for all the tips!
+rep to everyone!

Q. When you upgrade a weapon, does it increase the amount of damage it does per hit or just what combos are available?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I think it does both, upgrading my Dragon Sword on the 4th stage to Level 3 I noticed a difference in it's kill rate, the fact that it beheads easier using Flying Swallow, but that's mainly because at higher levels, you get more pass throughs on the enemy using Flying Swallow.

But at any rate, it's worth upgrading weapons, new combos unlock new and more devestating damage potential, so it's certainly worth upgrading when you can.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I must say that when you finish this game and start a New Game+, I find it much less of a challenge, plugging through the game really is rewarding, new costumes, get to keep your weapons, items, weapon levels, health, ki and Ninpo.

Also, I think you personally gain a significant amount of game experience, just because that playing it through again is so much easier, you know the attack patterns of enemies, where they appear, level designs, everything.

I find that I'm able to work out where an enemy is going to ambush me from and get the drop on him before he even attacks, I'm able to counter everything that comes my way now.

But then again, that could be because the Blade of the Archfiend ROCKS.

Either way, you really come to terms with the game after you've finished it, it becomes that much more enjoyable to play through a second time.

Keaton

Premium
Beat easiest Difficuly on Sunday - I must say the final three-boss slog wasn't has hard as battling the enemies in-game.

Premature Archfiend had me puzzled at first since I tried to hit his stomach orb and nothing happened the first time...which caused me to try killing it 20 times by just hitting the head >.< It took so long to get it down to 2/3's

Luckily when I realized, my failed attempts came in handy and I beast PA with little damage, because I could counter and avoid all his attacks ^__^

The Mature Archfiend was tough, and has made me indecisive between The True Dragons Sword and The Blade of the Archfiend's power...I failed everytime I used True Dragons, and beat the beast first time using the Archfiends Sword O_O

Do different weapons have different effects on enemies? Like a type-advantage? Or is the Blade of the Archfiend (since it uses True Dragons Sword too) more powerful...damage per hit-wise?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Yeah they do. Mostly because story.

Simalar to how the True Dragin sword was the only thing that could really damage the 1st form of the Vigoor emperor.

Keaton

Premium
Bringerofchaos;95914 said:
Yeah they do. Mostly because story.

Simalar to how the True Dragin sword was the only thing that could really damage the 1st form of the Vigoor emperor.

It was quite funny playing back through actually...facing the first Man-Spider again made me laugh. The beast had me terrified (so-to-speak) the first time around, adn yet now he goes' down after a single combo/UT O_O;;

Top Bottom