• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Sigs/Artwork

Steven

That-Damn-Good
What does he do? If he had time to put the header into Paint and crop it, you expect me to believe that he didn't have time to say originally from ...?

You expect me to believe that if he has time to write a reply: "Thank you, Lady" then he doesn't have time to say originally from ...?

I could keep going with examples, but I'll stop.

I don't want anymore of his posse coming in and telling me I'm in the wrong. ;)

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Steven;177292 said:
What does he do? If he had time to put the header into Paint and crop it, you expect me to believe that he didn't have time to say originally from ...?

You expect me to believe that if he has time to write a reply: "Thank you, Lady" then he doesn't have time to say originally from ...?

I could keep going with examples, but I'll stop.

I don't want anymore of his posse coming in and telling me I'm in the wrong. ;)

HE HAS A LIFE ..... he doesnt wanna spend all his time on here like most people ( sorry but true :)) he has things to do , like eat and maybe he was called down to was plates , u never know .... and whats ur prob with him anyway , like ur ever gonna see him in real life unless u life right down the road which i highly doubt

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Yes... You're completely right. I have a lot of time on my hands. I haven't logged in here in about a year. Yes. You're completely correct.

I'm sorry, but I regard your post and I'm sure others will as "Epic FAIL!"

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Wat is ur prob ?? anyone who tries to disagree with u is victimised and made to look like a fool ... u have serious things to learn boy

P.S check my sigs y dont u and see where they are from ...

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well: the first rule about arguments, or debates as such is to always only debate if you know you are in the right. I know I am in the right, therefore, I am debating. I want a simple straight, no excuses, answer from LordofDarkness. I don't need his boyband to stand in for him. ;)

Let me ask you: Did I mention one thing about YOUR signature?

I believe I did not.

Case closed.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
No, actually, this is a very serious issue and needs to be addressed thusly, Steven has done nothing wrong here, so far, his reactions are perfectly acceptable, the fact of the matter is, LoD has stolen work from another site and hasn't even taken 2 seconds out of his life to credit as to where it came from.

It's essentially plagerism, and we all know how that's against the law now don't we?

This is between Steven and LoD, Wickse, you have nothing to do with this, so I highly suggest you back away, you have to understand the situation, while it's not something physical that LoD has stolen, it's what's known as intellectual property, see, if Ryan had taken the time to credit where he got it from, then there'd be almost no issue here, but as it stands, taking a header, cropping it and touting it as his own work could still warrant the possibility of legal action.

As I've said, it'd be better for you, Wickse, to just leave it alone and let Ryan and Steven sort it out between themselves, any further comments will force me to take action.

Keaton

Premium
Heh. Just when I thought this place was getting peaceful.

I agree with Angelo_Credo on this matter, that much is certain.
Wickse, this is not an issue that involves you and henceforth it would be wise to not add fuel to the flames.

BUT, despite whatever stealing/claiming has gone on here it is not something that requires discussing within the public view. It would've been far more suitable to take this matter to PM's instead of encouraging the populous to get involved.

It is apparent that the image used in Lord of Darkness' banner is the same that is used on the Sons of Sparda Forums; however it seems quite clear that LoD's intent was neither malicious nor focused on falsely claiming an image was his.

It was of course bad form for him not to offer any credit or source link when originally posting this, and this has been explained simply by absent mindedness.

But, despite the justification of your actions, I feel the 'sarcasm' and also the 'epic fail' were unnessacary. You seem to understand the mechanics of forums, and as such I won't explain the difference between Trolls and Flamers, but surely you understand that attempting to get an answer from one person from amongst a mob, using sarcasm and internet jargon is a sure-fire way to NOT get the answer you’re looking for. Steven, you started the right way, by explaining things logically and sensibly but soon fell into the same old barrel of used apple juice.

From what I can see, LoD, although causing the initial 'crime' has done everything to correct his mistake. An apology, the signature art removed and an explanation. Whether you decide to believe any of those things is upto you, but if you continue to harass members after such a long absence, despite getting an answer, I can only treat it as Trolling.

Private Messages exist for a reason, why you felt the need to publicly draw this out I will never know and I STRONGLY suggest finishing this using PM's, otherwise all I can see (regardless of honest intention) is a movement to cause unrest and troll - and I would hate to have to address this and act because of some mindless trolling and flaming, rather than attending to the true issue at hand.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
If I could give rep, I will give them to Keaton and Angelo Credo. Seriously, you guys are one of the best staff members ever existed on any forums.
This is not a post against LoD, it's role is to congratulation you. Good explanations there.

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
myhand.png

I was in a funny mood

the words say: woah is this my hand?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Keaton;177300 said:
Heh. Just when I thought this place was getting peaceful.

I agree with Angelo_Credo on this matter, that much is certain.
Wickse, this is not an issue that involves you and henceforth it would be wise to not add fuel to the flames.

BUT, despite whatever stealing/claiming has gone on here it is not something that requires discussing within the public view. It would've been far more suitable to take this matter to PM's instead of encouraging the populous to get involved.

It is apparent that the image used in Lord of Darkness' banner is the same that is used on the Sons of Sparda Forums; however it seems quite clear that LoD's intent was neither malicious nor focused on falsely claiming an image was his.

It was of course bad form for him not to offer any credit or source link when originally posting this, and this has been explained simply by absent mindedness.

But, despite the justification of your actions, I feel the 'sarcasm' and also the 'epic fail' were unnessacary. You seem to understand the mechanics of forums, and as such I won't explain the difference between Trolls and Flamers, but surely you understand that attempting to get an answer from one person from amongst a mob, using sarcasm and internet jargon is a sure-fire way to NOT get the answer you’re looking for. Steven, you started the right way, by explaining things logically and sensibly but soon fell into the same old barrel of used apple juice.

From what I can see, LoD, although causing the initial 'crime' has done everything to correct his mistake. An apology, the signature art removed and an explanation. Whether you decide to believe any of those things is upto you, but if you continue to harass members after such a long absence, despite getting an answer, I can only treat it as Trolling.

Private Messages exist for a reason, why you felt the need to publicly draw this out I will never know and I STRONGLY suggest finishing this using PM's, otherwise all I can see (regardless of honest intention) is a movement to cause unrest and troll - and I would hate to have to address this and act because of some mindless trolling and flaming, rather than attending to the true issue at hand.

I can understand that I could of taken a few seconds to credit the work, indeed. But as I said, it was getting late and I had to just finish the banner and post. I didn't have the mind-set to think straight to give credit, but I have removed the Sig from my post so where's the problem? I never said it was mine, not once. If you think I was claiming it to be of my own, give me some proof. I don't see any proof, except the name on it (which I already said I do with any piece of artwork) So it's no different. Everything starts from the internet my friend. Look at my avatar, that isn't mine. I got my avatar from the 'internet', a great little place ;) Therefore I could take an avatar and claim it to be my own (not made, but my possession) "Hey, check out my new avatar" This indicates that it belongs to me, and is mine. But the truth there is that I still took that image from the internet, therefore I am using it (or stealing, if this is what you are saying I've done) To me stealing is to take something, I didn't actually take it. If you go to SoS, then you can still see it there (if you look) ;) So I haven't taken it, I've just taken a smaller form of it. I would know what theft is from first hand experience, that I will not mention just yet. But even so, this isn't classed as stealing in my own opinion. You have gotten what you desire, yet you did this through publicly shaming me and my friends and insulting me (All this when I never said anything to you, I was being polite) There is hardly much need for the sarcasm and flaming comments in this thread, which is my own (I didn't steal it :p) I do understand where you're coming from, like I said before. And I don't think it's fair to have a go at my friends who are just here to defend me (as friends are suppose to do, right?) It's about priorities ;)

Thanks Keaton for that, I'm over with what I have said.

Excellent work from all you guys and girls so far, keep it coming ^_^

P.S. If you need to say anything else to me Steven, please address me through the form of a PM.

~Thanks, LoD.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I know Keaton and AC told me to stay out of it BUT to Illustrate LOD's and Steven's point about EVERY image comes from internet and how people claim its there then this should be illegal as well then , a member on here has got a sig direct from this site http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nsx8rpZf3J8/SJ7T8541LgI/AAAAAAAAAIw/ebx2OnJ9oCo/s400/800_darkknight-10.jpg

And on there profile there is no "thanks to " the title of the site or who-ever made it ... so LOD is not the only one who has done this and i did it before i got my sig from keaton ( which im very thankful for :D ) so shouldn't LOD get some slack here , come on , its 2009 guys , i think we should focus our attention on the important issues like The global Recession and Climate Change NOT " You stole that from a website " ...

AND again sorry to AC and Keaton for posting this as i know u told me to stay out of it , if u wanna take any further action against me then that's fine as i know went against the higher authority's

And this one as well , says it from a website and on the profile of this member they havent said thanks or anything
http://i43.tinypic.com/303llj4.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Slayer_of_Darkness96;177446 said:
^ Yeah but LoD posted here in New Sigs&Artwork thread without giving a link.

The links Wickse posted are directed to the places in which certain members got there Sigs from, yet gave no credit. The actual members don't have links or credit in their Sigs at all, that's Wickse's point.

And besides, furthermore; I do not really want this to continue here in this thread any longer. The case is to be settled elsewhere if need be, this much is certain. >_<

Goldsickle

I don't have any illustrated signatures for now but I have a DMC-related artwork.

You can click on the image to see the deviantART page for it.

Top Bottom