• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Sigs/Artwork

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
New one:
raidensig.png

Steven

That-Damn-Good
LordOfDarkness;177047 said:
I was inspired to do some Halo 3 sigs

Wow, Dante is featured in HALO 3?

LordOfDarkness;177047 said:

For Administrators/Moderators: I apologise for any inconvenience this message may cause, however, I just had to get my say. I hope you don't feel I'm being too rude or brash in my comments/writing, I really don't mean to come off that way. I just need to "air my thoughts."

Firstly, let me say, I know I haven't been around here for a while, but when this came to my attention, I decided I had to have a little word. Lord of Darkness: how sad are you? Honestly? To modify and crop something out of a banner and make it look like your own. Let me ask you: is your signature even yours? Or is it ripped from a Final Fantasy site? I realise I am in no position to demand you to take down the signature, but, I'll be honest when I say that is like spitting in the face of SoS. I didn't actually make the header: I modified a bit of it yes, but primarily the header was the work of a very talented artist at SoS called Zechra. Zechra now co-owns SoS with me; so helps out in whatever way he can. Primarily making banners.

However, when I myself see that others are just cropping it and claiming the work as their own just because they tagged it LOD is disgusting. No credit? No source as to where you got it from? If it were one of mine, I wouldn't have been so nasty about it, but due to the fact that it was a collaboration header made by myself and Zechra (who did the bulk of it), I am quite ****ed off. If you have any nerve what-so-ever, you'll contact me regarding this situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Steven;177156 said:
Let me ask you: is your signature even yours? Or is it ripped from a Final Fantasy site?

Hey, Steven. Sorry if I this sounds like I'm LoD's lawyer, but in his sig it says that his sigarts are made by VeNGeD and Madam Verdice@.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Steven;177156 said:
Wow, Dante is featured in HALO 3?

For Administrators/Moderators: I apologise for any inconvenience this message may cause, however, I just had to get my say. I hope you don't feel I'm being too rude or brash in my comments/writing, I really don't mean to come off that way. I just need to "air my thoughts."

Firstly, let me say, I know I haven't been around here for a while, but when this came to my attention, I decided I had to have a little word. Lord of Darkness: how sad are you? Honestly? To modify and crop something out of a banner and make it look like your own. Let me ask you: is your signature even yours? Or is it ripped from a Final Fantasy site? I realise I am in no position to demand you to take down the signature, but, I'll be honest when I say that is like spitting in the face of SoS. I didn't actually make the header: I modified a bit of it yes, but primarily the header was the work of a very talented artist at SoS called Zechra. Zechra now co-owns SoS with me; so helps out in whatever way he can. Primarily making banners.

However, when I myself see that others are just cropping it and claiming the work as their own just because they tagged it LOD is disgusting. No credit? No source as to where you got it from? If it were one of mine, I wouldn't have been so nasty about it, but due to the fact that it was a collaboration header made by myself and Zechra (who did the bulk of it), I am quite ****ed off. If you have any nerve what-so-ever, you'll contact me regarding this situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No Dante isn't featured in Halo 3, but neither is Vincent Valentine to my knowledge. It's a Signature thread, you can have what you like in your Signature.

And I apologize about the whole Sig thing, I'll tell you why I made it into a banner for one thing. I was roaming around and came to SoS, which I did get it from yes. I think I found SoS through One Winged Angel, because he's a member there (obviously) Well I saw the header for the Site and thought WOW!! What a brilliant piece of work. At the time it was late, and I wasn't thinking so straight. Now I know I should of at least credited the place and its creators, if I knew who they were. So I am sorry for any inconvenience, I did not mean to be so bold in my attempts to crop a piece of work that I admired. I know what I did was wrong, but my intentions were all good. I feel obligated to remove the Sig from my post. However, I do stand by saying I never was trying to claim it as my own. I may of placed my name there, but that's just a little thing I do with anything if I've made alterations. I can understand where you guys are coming from, and I have absolute respect for you guys and what you are saying. So I am not trying to cause any trouble with anyone.

What you say to me next is up to you, but I know you will hardly take much liking in what I have said. My way of life is that if you do bad, you get punished. Unless you didn't mean to, that way it's an accident. And I feel with accidents, if you say sorry truly meaning it then we can all forgive and get along. But that's just my way of dealing with things, so what you say and do is up to you. I just hope you don't dislike me over something like this, I truly didn't mean to make it seem like I was claiming it to be my own. I feel if I personally made that image, I would probably be saying "Here look, I made this Dante Sig and it's the bees knees"... But because I never did make it, I never said that once. It was just due to me seeing something I liked, and thought that maybe people would think it were cool if I could change it into a banner. But I know that it was wrong of me now, and I am deeply sorry.

Thank you.

~LoD

P.S. Those two Sigs were made for me by two other members at this forum.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Slayer_of_Darkness96 said:
Hey, Steven. Sorry if I this sounds like I'm LoD's lawyer, but in his sig it says that his sigarts are made by VeNGeD and Madam Verdice@.

Hey, my initial stealing from the Final Fantasy websites was sarcasm. Not everybody gets it, but thanks for replying. Nice to meet you. :)

Madam_Verdice© said:
I let him have one that Vincent sig I made.

Great work. Thanks for saying so. I knew it was made by someone here, I was just being sarcastic, as aforementioned.

----

You originally said I was in the mood for making some Halo Signatures, which brings me to my point: you were quick enough to type that out (most Internet Forum junkies [admittedly me for one] are quick typists), so it could have only taken a few seconds. So, was it too much trouble to type something quick like "cropped from an SoS header"? Honestly, you expect me to believe that you couldn't take literally about two seconds out of your time to add that little detail in your post? Admiring someone is a good form of flattery, blatantly ripping someone else's work and claiming it as your own is not. You had no business without contacting the people who made it to use that. A lot of effort went into making the header for the site, I'm sure as a fellow "graphics maker" (although I am having doubts), you, for one would appreciate art. You would appreciate that it takes time out of people's lives to make a header as good as the one on SoS. It isn't something we whipped up in five minutes. You had no intention of claiming it as your own, yet you didn't credit for one second. You didn't make the name (of the site) or the creators of the banner known. You made alterations? What alterations? Its the same thing. You just cropped a piece out. Its like Microsoft Paint work, its so easy.

You are correct. I'll be honest, I had little intention of returning to this place (part time or full time), I just left silently and never logged in. However, when it was brought to my attention and pointed out by fellow member, One Winged Angel, I felt compelled to login and flex my rights (as part creator of the header). While I could consider it an accident, I would say yes, I forgive your apology. However, with this its different. If it was just stolen from my work and no one else had collaborated in making it, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. However, when myself and Zechra took time to actually make this (Zechra did the bulk of it), then I believe a simple accident is wrong. You cropped the banner so nobody could see the Sons of Sparda name. You couldn't take two seconds (possibly up to 5 seconds) out of your time to credit and say that it was originally found at "...". When you tag something as well; do you honestly think you are in the right? Seems we have had a bout of amnesia here: Verdice replied and said that it was "awesomeness" or something around there, you replied "Thank you lady". While Verdice didn't make it clear as to which signature/graphic she was talking about, I, in all honesty felt you should have said it there. You can blame the night and the fact that you were tired, I have one thing to say to that: go to bed. Forums are not "life." Actually, you could've just asked if the Staff at SoS would turn it into a banner for you. We currently have a media section under construction where we are adding banners and things, this was one of the ideas: to make headers into banners. You could've asked or waited... but you didn't.

Thank You.

~ Steven.

P.S. Hope to hear from you soon. ;)

P.P.S. I know. As aforementioned TWICE, I was being sarcastic.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Steven;177290 said:
So, was it too much trouble to type something quick like "cropped from an SoS header"? Honestly, you expect me to believe that you couldn't take literally about two seconds out of your time to add that little detail in your post?

he does have a life u know :huh::dry:

Top Bottom