• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Prince of Persia

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sounds cool. Oh, hey I have seen gameplay vids but they never show the Prince's health bar. Is there one in the game?

Koemi

half-breed
no. there's no health bar. :( but Prince will behave differently after being hit:
1st hit: not knocked down, just being pushed back a bit; may hold his right arm/waist with his left hand. still standing upright
2nd hit: knocked down, jump right back up; hold his right arm/waist with his left hand, posture starts bending down a bit
3rd hit: knocked down, takes him longer to get back on his feet; hold his waist with his left hand; corners and sides of the screen turned red - next hit can pin him down for good

well, I am still in the v. beginning of the game so this may change: initially one hit is enough to get Prince "red cornered". Elika saves Prince all the time though, so I don't know if Prince can actually die... :\

oh, and make sure you use that "dialogue" button during boss fight too - Prince may bad-mouth/taunt the boss, flirt to Elika, or just say some random stuff :D

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
cool, sounds fun. =)
I'll definitely do the same as you. (beat it, then play through with getting the trophies.)

Does your health heal back up after a few seconds like most of the games these days?
Example; CoD4, CoD: WaW, uncharted, gta4... most of the new games. =P

Koemi

half-breed
yes, your health comes back after some time during battle - dunno if it's related to deflecting/blocking enemy attacks (it seems like Prince is recovering faster when I do that but I can't be certain).

oh and better start training your reflex: there are moments (I am not telling :p) that a button will appear on screen, and if you press that before it turns red, Prince will perform a certain sequence (sorta like how a specific animation comes when Nero uses his DB on bosses).

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Sweet! =)
Are they completely random times or does it have to do with fighting that curtained enemy when the action button appears? (Like KH-2)

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
I'm not sure if there are any other, But hope so. Anyway, thats awesome! =) Thanks for showing us.
I wonder how you unlock them?

Koemi

half-breed
Bandoor;146116 said:
Sweet! =)
Are they completely random times or does it have to do with fighting that curtained enemy when the action button appears? (Like KH-2)

I don't think those are random. Those animations seems to be related to certain combo (like you saw in the vid), position of the boss (say, you push him over the edge, pin him on a wall...), and condition of prince. if he's knocked down he/we has(ve) a fraction of second to press a random button that pops up on the screen and perform a combo animation. yah, I'd say it's sorta like reaction commands.

Koemi

half-breed
i preordered my game, so I can use that 1st PoP costume - but I like this one more for now ^^

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Koemi;146361 said:
i preordered my game, so I can use that 1st PoP costume - but I like this one more for now ^^

Eh, I don't care that I didn't pre order then.
I don't care to much about that sands of time costume. But I like the assasins creed one. :lol:
Do you know if there is any other costumes?

Keaton

Premium
^
Prince of Persia 1 (via PreOrder)
Altair from Assassins Creed
Jade from Good and Evil

Hopefully more will be released :D
I would love to see the Dark Prince and a Rabbid :D

Keaton

Premium
The pre-order code is available on many FAQ websites it should allow you to access the costume :)

Top Bottom