• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Prince of Persia

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
No, its no competition. I just hate when ppl overhyped an average game and act like its God's gift to gaming.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145366 said:
No, its no competition. I just hate when ppl overhyped an average game and act like its God's gift to gaming.

I see. But some are going to like this more than others to be fair ^_^

And from what I have heard and seen, I personally doubt this game is going to be anything great. :\

Esura

I'm also annoyed that reviewers are on this game's dick, but degrade Sonic Unleashed at every chance. Despite reviewers opinion on Sonic Unleashed, hella ppl on gaming forums say that this is the best 3D Sonic game since the Sonic Adventure games. Honestly, reviewers are moot to me now.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Ok, I'm not trying to argue, But first of all Esura, don't tell me to get my facts straight when I clearly edited my post. "Edit- Sonic has trophies... But still, that game looks horrible. The running is fun and classic, but why would they add that extra form in night time?....:huh: "

I did read ONE of the reviews, and they just said the game was amazing. Didn't even mention it being short. But, as I've stated before, They wouldn't put a trophy there about beating the game in less then 12 hours if it is an averagely 6 hour game. Besides LoD has a point. Its not a movie, there for everyone finishes at different times. some even go back and get the hidden crystals.

And personally, to me a fighting game obviously has replay value because there short. BUT I only enjoy playing them for about a week then I'm pretty much bored from them. (Due to the fact that I've beaten it 10 times..) This game has replay value to some, and none to others. It all depends how much you like the game, and what you want to do with it. But trophies DO add a huge replay value.

How could you compare sonic graphics to this? Prince of Persia's graphics aren't meant to be good. Its meant to have a beautiful atmosphere and artwork (Which it does.) NOT just great real life graphics. Both graphics are 2 different styles that you can not compare.

And COME ON. am I acting like this game is gods gift? I simply stated that it looked good in my opinion, I like the new graphics, and I can't wait for it :). Not "OMG!!!! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS TRAILER!!!111 THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME OF THE YEAR! THIS IS TRULY GODS GIFT TO GAMING!!!!!:D"

Why are you even comparing sonic to this game? they are way different games, so they are going to get different reviews. I know I said that you should get this instead of those other games. But I wasn't trying to compare, I was just giving MY opinion of what you should get. as you ARE looking for a game to get.

And for the record, Sonic looks REALLY cool. BUT like I said, that night form truly ruins the whole game in my eyes. It obviously will break the fast pace classic gameplay.

Last but not least: NO I'm not trying to make this a argument, I just hate it when I'm being told that I'm over hyping a game when I'm not. And that I need to get my facts straight when I do.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I think your right, Bandoor. The new PoP looks cool.

Now I have some points to make....

I keep hearing people complain about how we are playing a new prince with a new concept, WTF?
PoP has decided to do something original for a change, not like(for example)Sonic the hedgehog. All Sonic games do is just re-use the same old character and concept to wring a few extra bucks out of the fanboys. Just like nintendo. And don't say they are doing anything new with this where-hog thing, it's been done before and the new sonic looks lame for it.

I'm not fussed over playing a new prince, I like the idea that ubisoft is doing something different. The old prince's story is over already, get used to it. But I guess those of you who can't accept change (you know who you are) would rather we all just play the same game over and over, with the same concept and same gameplay. Honestly, I love the PS2 PoP games, but is is time to move on with someone new now. If you wanna play the old prince, do what I do and jus play the old games.

And the graphics are a new art style, it looks cool.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
-FaceDESK-

Honestly, why has this become an argument over whether Sonic Unleashed or the new PoP is better? For starters, the games are two separate genres, and it's little more than subjective personal opinion as to which is the better game, not fact.
It's also worth noting that all reviews are subjective personal opinion, and by that point alone, are subject to bias, that's how reviews are, it's as simple as that, there is no such thing as an unbiased review, as the concept just doesn't exist, if you have an opinion on something, and you voice it in a review, then it's bias.

And as previously said, it's not a movie, it's a game, people are going to finish it at different times, I myself am going to spend as much time as possible taking in the atmosphere of the game, rather than rushing through it, and Esura, to counter your point about fighting games having amazing replay value, I could introduce you to many people who would disagree, me being one of them, because, I personally find them boring, stale and repetitive, and as such, warrant no replay value from me.

So can we give this a rest please and get back to the actual topic? As Bandoor said, no one here is acting like it's god's gift to gaming, we have simply said that it looks good, which again, is subjective personal opinion, which when you're talking about something like a game, you're going to get a lot of.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Black Angel;145437 said:
I think your right, Bandoor. The new PoP looks cool.

Now I have some points to make....

I keep hearing people complain about how we are playing a new prince with a new concept, WTF?
PoP has decided to do something original for a change, not like(for example)Sonic the hedgehog. All Sonic games do is just re-use the same old character and concept to wring a few extra bucks out of the fanboys. Just like nintendo. And don't say they are doing anything new with this where-hog thing, it's been done before and the new sonic looks lame for it.

I'm not fussed over playing a new prince, I like the idea that ubisoft is doing something different. The old prince's story is over already, get used to it. But I guess those of you who can't accept change (you know who you are) would rather we all just play the same game over and over, with the same concept and same gameplay. Honestly, I love the PS2 PoP games, but is is time to move on with someone new now. If you wanna play the old prince, do what I do and jus play the old games.

And the graphics are a new art style, it looks cool.

Thats true actually.
I wouldn't be as happy if they put the EXACT same style as the other games. It gets old after awhile.
Black Angel made a point. I LOVED the original sonics, Those were amazing games. But as Barack Obama says: "Its time to change." It would get REALLY old with the same exact game over and over.

And yes. Obama is talking about the new PoP....

OK....Back on topic. =P

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Oh yhea the original sonic games where great, but they aren't doing anything new as of late.

Back to topic, I can't wait for the new PoP to come out. I will be competing with Mirrors Edge in my mind for most innovative platformer.:lol:

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Black Angel;145465 said:
^Oh yhea the original sonic games where great, but they aren't doing anything new as of late.

Back to topic, I can't wait for the new PoP to come out. I will be competing with Mirrors Edge in my mind for most innovative platformer.:lol:

Mirrors edge is pretty unique, but I don't know if it could compete with this new PoP coming out. :p
I'll be competing with Okami and PoP in my mind for most innovative. :p

When are you guys planning to get it? Christmas? xD
Just as Angelo said I'm gonna enjoy the atmosphere and try to get all the trophies on the way to the end instead of rush it. I'll replay it if there are any more trophies I need to get.... which I'm almost positive there will be :p. Although, I will probably buy this instead of gamefly it, so I'll replay it every now and then. ^_^

lol, Look at this random image I found: http://tepasmas.com/img/fresh_prince_of_persia.jpg

Edit- Link doesnt work????!?!?11/1/1?!!?!1!?!? =( Oh well...
try this:
http://oldgameszine.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fresh_prince_of_persia.jpg

Esura

FYI, Bandoor started the Sonic, Naruto, and PoP comparisons.

Anywho, I decided to put Mirror's Edge and/or Sonic Unleashed on my Christmas list. And before anyone put down Sonic Unleashed again, has anyone played it? I sure did at GameStop on 360. Honestly, the Werehog part brings the game down, but its not NEARLY as bad as ppl making it out to be. And there is more Sonic parts than Werehog ones anywho. The Sonic part, it awesome. I dare someone to say that the Sonic part sucks. The camera isnt bad, the controls for Sonic are fluid, and the Sonic part seamlessly fuses the 3D part to the 2D part. Sonic part plays entirely different yet it feels "Sonic-y" :lol: Overall, there was no complaints against the Sonic part on this game. The only reason this game got low scores is cause of the Werehog part, but overall, is considered a positive start for Sonic after that piece of shnit Sonic 06.

Koemi

half-breed
Got Prince of Persia yesterday [PS3] - stunning, absolutely stunning. Graphic, music, character movements.... Love the Prince's sarcastic and badass attitude, and the fact that you can interact with your princess sidekick ;) Makes you wonder why can't Dante and Trish/Lady together on a mission and interact with one another. :D

Let's face it - it's not a game of reflex, i.e. not like you have the chance perform a JC or a RG every other second, but it's more platform game on a 3D scale. Even if you fall into a gap, no worries, princess is there to lend you a hand. So the only place you can die (so far - wasn't too into the game yet) is when you're fighting enemies. Chaining combos need a bit of timing and thinking ("how to chain the longest combo?", etc.). Good thing I like about [combat] is you can block - we can't block/deflect enemies' attack in DMCs (3 and 4 at least) unless in RG style. makes a bit more sense. Also like the fact that Prince uses both his sword and ganulet(sp) to combat - imagine Dante using Gilgamesh/Lucifer and Rebellion simultaneously without arms-switching.

Will update more if I have a chance... (finals are at my doorsteps... :()

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Set in a land rooted in ancient Persian mythology, the Prince finds himself caught in an epic battle between the primal forces of light and darkness: the God of Light, Ormazd versus his brother Ahriman, the destructive God of Darkness. The Prince arrives just in time to witness the destruction of the legendary Tree of Life, an act which threatens to plunge the entire world into eternal darkness. Manifested in the form of the Corruption, a dark substance that physically contaminates the land and the skies, the Prince must partner with Elika, a deadly companion, to heal the world from the evil Corruption.

Game features include: * A new hero emerges: Master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time. Grip fall down the face of a building, perform perfectly timed acrobatic combinations, swing over canyons, buildings and anything that is reachable. This new rogue warrior must utilize all of his new skills along with a whole new combat system to battle Ahriman's corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light. * A new epic journey begins: Escape to experience the new fantasy world of ancient Persia. Masterful storytelling and sprawling environments will deliver to action-adventure fans an experience that rivals even the best Hollywood movies. * A new open world structure: A first for the Prince of Persia franchise ? now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world. * Emergence of a deadly new ally: History's greatest ally is revealed in the form of Elika, a dynamic AI companion who joins the Prince in his fight to save the world. Gifted with magical powers, she interacts with the player in combat, acrobatics and puzzle-solving enabling the Prince to reach new heights of deadly high-flying artistry through special duo acrobatic moves or devastating fighting combo attacks. * All new for Next-Gen: The franchise's debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.

I found this online.

Koemi

half-breed
Elika is sorta like Lady in dmc anime - that kinda attitude (coz interacting/talking with her is part of the game, like "taunt" in dmc), and she's primary good for saving your a$$ if you fell or about to die, and for chaining combos. ^_^

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Haha, now I'm even more exited for it!
21 more days! :p
Can't wait!

Thanks allot for posting that info BA and Koemi. =)

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Apparently, if you fail during your platforming you can save yourself by gripfalling or using one of Elika's powers to jump to safety.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
^ Yeah I think Koemi said that. There is another trophy where you have to beat the game without Elika saving you 100 times... I'll play carefully so I can get that.

Esura

Bandoor;145825 said:
Haha, now I'm even more exited for it!
21 more days! :p
Can't wait!

Thanks allot for posting that info BA and Koemi. =)

WTF are you talking about? PoP came out already dude.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145837 said:
WTF are you talking about? PoP came out already dude.

I only assume he's talking about Christmas.

Koemi

half-breed
Black Angel;145827 said:
Apparently, if you fail during your platforming you can save yourself by gripfalling or using one of Elika's powers to jump to safety.

gripfalling only works if you're not falling into a depthless gap. in that case, you'll hear Prince scream ("AHHHHhhh...." "ELIKAAAAAaaa" etc.) and Elika will grap his arm and swing him back where that jump begins :p

one fun fact: after you gripfall/glide down a wall, don't walk away. wait there, and Prince with hold Elika when she jumps off the wall, gently put her on the ground ;)

Bandoor;145830 said:
^ Yeah I think Koemi said that. There is another trophy where you have to beat the game without Elika saving you 100 times... I'll play carefully so I can get that.

yah, and there's something else - each boss has a diff. trophy requirements (eg use only sword, use the environment against enemy) so doing them all in the first run is pointless, at least for me. so my plan is to go thru the game once, then start messing around with trophies, styles and Elika :D

Top Bottom