• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Prince of Persia

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
This game seriously looks amazing.
Unfortinately I don't have any munney at the time, and I have all my gamefly games out. So I'll have to ask Santa. :)

(It is gonna have trophies/achievements.) (Esura, don't buy any of those games. Buy this) :p
It came out today. (I'm pretty sure)

Here are some trailers. Tell me what you think!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_IlzCcuLEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqFez0z_Fg

PS- The song on the first trailer is good. :lol:

kanna-X-freak

I'm so looking foward to this too...but yeah, I have to wait for Santa as well :lol: I can't wait to play something with such magical atmosphere...damnit I wanna Christmaaaaaas!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Am I the only one who is going to say that he isn't bothered about this? I have many reasons also. Um, I heard there was no use of rewind/time powers, Okay :huh: This IS a PoP game and not just some random game now, right? So where's the time powers? I'm sure the combat and game play makes up for this, but to be frank I prefer the look of the old PoP and this is just like a whole new tale with a different Prince and they really could of called it "Prince of >Insert other name<" because he isn't the same Prince we have all known.

Hey, it doesn't look too bad. I may go out and get it and see what it is like, I just personally do not like the look of it. I'm entitled not to, so before someone reads this and thinks "Hey, I'm going to bash all of his points"....Don't bother, I won't retaliate so you'd be commenting for no reason.

I'm sure it has its own tale to be told, and yeah the trailers look good. But to be fair, I still want to see some more of the old Prince. The games are great, but to me they are too short and I'd like to see more. I wonder who the main enemy is though? He had The Vizier for wanting to become immortal and rule over the sand demons. And the Dahaka because of him trying to cheat death, and change his fate. I wonder who this new guy is up against? Hey, maybe he is the Prince's son? Maybe the old Prince is King now. Maybe I'm talking BS, who knows? :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
you know what i think... when i saw those beautiful trailers and gameplays i walked to the store ready to buy it... but! when i saw that horrible graphics i got stunned! that's not the princes style or not the style of the game! why have a girl following you and looks to be greater than you!? i thought the prince was great and outstanding but he is a leader of someone more powerful?? that doesn't sound right... he has lost all his style and the game graphics looks like a manga... if i got a chance to rate it then it would be 6/10. but that is before i have played it... im still gonna buy it.

And also what LoD said... it is sad no time reverse or slowing or anything fun like that anymore isn't the prince of persia game i know...
but the three others was a trilogy with a story that fits together but maybe this one is from a different story? like DMC... every DMC has it's own conflict but those three was together a whole big conflict... and also i want the old ones on Xbox360 (WHY AREN'T THOSE AT THE XBOX CLASSIC DOWNLOADS!?!?)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This PoP is VERY short and easy.
I'm not blowing 60 bucks on this :lol:

I'll get it when its cheaper.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145344 said:
This PoP is VERY short and easy.
I'm not blowing 60 bucks on this :lol:

Quite like the others then, but $60's you say? Damn, with our messed up economy I'm expecting that's near to £40...Forget that =]

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
LordOfDarkness;145340 said:
This IS a PoP game and not just some random game now, right? So where's the time powers?

HAS to be said, there were PoP games before the Sands of Time trilogy, and none of them utilised the time powers, they did fine and played like a charm, so don't expect this to be any different. ;)

I'm personally looking forward to it, sure, it's not the same Prince, and nor does it have the time powers that worked crazy well with the sudden death platforming, but I'm willing to give it a chance, just because it's Prince of Persia, and it's a series I've been playing for most of my life.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Angelo Credo;145346 said:
HAS to be said, there were PoP games before the Sands of Time trilogy, and none of them utilised the time powers, they did fine and played like a charm, so don't expect this to be any different. ;)

I know there were games before SoT, I was simply referring to the PS2 ones; the Prince's tale on that console. But forgive me as I should have made that clear.

Esura

This game, stated by ALL reviewers thus far, is like 6-8 hours long and it is very very casual and easy, so why is this game getting like all 9s from every reviewer?

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
The creators actually said that they wanted the game to look like this from the beginning, But couldn't due to no ps3/xbox 360.
(They also said they wanted the same gameplay.)
They used the same engine in assassins creed as in this.
I don't like anime looking games to much, But this just looks really good to me. The graphics actually remind me allot of Okami. Which was an awesome game.

I think the idea of Elika with you is good. She can fly too, so she won't be slow, or getting in the way.
Although I agree with it being a bad idea because of no rewind feature. BUT this is a new story, and that feature probably has nothing to do with it.

And Elika has some useful ability's to replace the rewind feature. (I THINK.) :p

As much as you guys hate the new look, I have a pretty big feeling that they know what they are doing.
But I can see how some of you are disappointed in the new atmosphere/Gameplay

I'm really exited, and I think that they they made a great looking game. I just wish I could play it! =P

edit- Esura, It probably is a easy game. That doesn't bother me. It still can be an amazing game.
ONE AGAIN look at Okami! I didn't die ONCE in that game, but it sure was an AMAZING game.

Also, I don't know where you heard its a 6 hour game. Because there is a trophy on it that says if you can beat it in less then 12 hours you get it. So, I doubt they would put that trophy there if it was a 6 hour game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145348 said:
This game, stated by ALL reviewers thus far, is like 6-8 hours long and it is very very casual and easy, so why is this game getting like all 9s from every reviewer?

I'm not one for short games. I thought the easiness and shortness of the previous games was probably PoP's main weakness. And evidently, it still is its main weakness. I don't hand out money for a game that I mostly would enjoy less than Warrior Within, and that I may complete in a few hours.

PS: Completely off topic, but if you slow down time in Two Thrones at the part where he screams "FARAH, WAIT" then run towards where she is heading quickly; you can actually see she runs off straight through the wall :lol: I do this every time I reach that point, makes me laugh :lol:

@Bandoor. It isn't that I hate the look, I just hate when people say "This is how they wanted it to look from point A". No matter if this is the case, they still produced an excellent gaming series on PS2 with not so bad graphics and game play. And because of this that is what made PoP for me, not this new stuff. Because if this was what it was like from the beginning, I would probably hate PoP completely.

Esura

LordOfDarkness;145350 said:
I'm not one for short games. I thought the easiness and shortness of the previous games was probably PoP's main weakness. And evidently, it still is its main weakness. I don't hand out money for a game that I mostly would enjoy less than Warrior Within, and that I may complete in a few hours.

PS: Completely off topic, but if you slow down time in Two Thrones at the part where he screams "FARAH, WAIT" then run towards where she is heading quickly; you can actually see she runs off straight through the wall :lol: I do this every time I reach that point, makes me laugh :lol:

This game is overhyped for real. Just read the reviews. Pure bias. They already had their score set for this PoP months in advanced probably!

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
The reviews are great, because the game is great. :p (I obviously don't know that, But I'm just saying..)

Just saying, I don't know how you could possibly want Naruto, Tomb raider, or sonic over this. :p

Esura

Bandoor;145353 said:
The reviews are great, because the game is great. :p (I obviously don't know that, But I'm just saying..)

Just saying, I don't know how you could possibly want Naruto, Tomb raider, or sonic over this. :p

Easy. Those games have what PoP lacks....REPLAY VALUE! :lol:

Replayability is a big thing now considering games cost ALOT now, so this factor is nearly as important as gameplay nowadays. PoP is short. The reviews said it was short yet (specifically IGN) they give PoP high replay rating......WTF!? Its short, easy, no DLC, no other mode, and no other incentive to play it too much afterwards, but it still gets high replayability rating over....Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and Sonic Unleashed!? Bull****! These reviews on PoP is plain B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'd say the previous PoP games (i mean all even if i didn't completely complete the first ones before the trilogy) is much better than this... if it is short that says it's enough! that game isn't an arcade game like the old ones that you could play over and over again (a little lie there i played warrior within 2 and a half time and two thrones around 5 times). still if this game is just 12 hours or 6 hours i won't play it... like gears of war and army of two both where so EXTREMELY short and that made me think the game sucks... and it is some ugly graphic like a naruto game or Zelda winds of war. now i changed my mind in how much score it gets by me... 4/10! the creator must have hit his/her head pretty hard when that person came up with this idea!

i think the guy muted the rewiewers...

everyone who goes against my thoughts so be it but to remind peoples that this is my thoughts and i have a right to say those...

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Lord Esura;145355 said:
Easy. Those games have what PoP lacks....REPLAY VALUE! :lol:

Replayability is a big thing now considering games cost ALOT now, so this factor is nearly as important as gameplay nowadays. PoP is short. The reviews said it was short yet (specifically IGN) they give PoP high replay rating......WTF!? Its short, easy, no DLC, no other mode, and no other incentive to play it too much afterwards, but it still gets high replayability rating over....Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and Sonic Unleashed!? Bull****! These reviews on PoP is plain B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

Thats why I have gamefly. its pretty cheap. Right now I'm paying for 2 games out at a time. So I can play it, get all the trophies/beat it, then return it. its cheaper then buying.

But back on topic. Who said it will have no DLC? and once again.. Who said it was short? there's a trophy where you have to beat the game in less then 12 hours. so it must be around 16-20 hours. That is pretty short. BUT What ps3 game isn't short? I haven't played 1 ps3 game other then GTA 4 that took me more then 30 hours. Besides now that there is trophies I will replay it and get them all. Trophies make games have a HUGE replay value, and that is something Naruto Sonic and Tomb raider doesn't have. Even with no trophies, I would rather replay this classic looking game more then Naruto or Sonic.

They simply give it a good review, Because the game is good. :p

PS- I HIGHLY DOUBT that this game is 6 hours...

Edit- Sonic has trophies... But still, that game looks horrible. The running is fun and classic, but why would they add that extra form in night time?.... :huh:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, I'm no expert; so I don't really know the low-down on this game to be honest. But what I do know is this. You want to know how long the game takes to beat? Play the game ;) That's the only sure way you are going to know how long it will take you to complete. You can't just assume it'll take you 6-8 hours or something like that. Despite what you've heard, there are different type of gamers out there and the time it takes people to complete certain games obviously varies.

Now despite the fact it may appear an easy game, you aren't going to complete it 100% in 6 hours exact. Bandoor has made it clear there are trophies, so that gives it replay value.

And personally I have considered the points made here and I thought this. The PoP games on the PS2 gave me hours of replay time, due to the fact that they had an enjoyable story line mixed with nice combat and a feeling of ease. Despite the fact those games didn't take me long to complete, I always knew if there was something that I wanted to play due to boredom I could stick on Two Thrones and breeze through it in a few hours. I played for something to do to kill the time. If I were to stick on a hard game I'd probably give up, and therefore I'd come back to it over a period of time to try and complete it 100%; but when that was achieved I would hardly ever play that game again. With this said I think I go back over games that are easier to play, instead of ones that aren't. Why? To kill a few hours, and to enjoy the story and the game. PoP to me has always been enjoyable, despite short. So I'd say it has quite some replay value.

Esura

Get your facts straight. Sonic Unleashed DOES have trophies. Its one of the reasons why the PS3 version was delayed. Naruto doesn't, but it STILL kills PoP out of replayability cause its a fighting game ( fighting games ALWAYS have high replayability ). And dude....go read the reviews urself. Read em. They even STATE that PoP is SHORT.

Also, Sonic Unleashed graphics KILLS PoPs graphics, this is a fact.

Esura

@ LoD

Not enough replay value for me. This game aint worth 60 bucks or 40 Euros w/e.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145361 said:
Get your facts straight. Sonic Unleashed DOES have trophies. Its one of the reasons why the PS3 version was delayed. Naruto doesn't, but it STILL kills PoP out of replayability cause its a fighting game ( fighting games ALWAYS have high replayability ). And dude....go read the reviews urself. Read em. They even STATE that PoP is SHORT.

Also, Sonic Unleashed graphics KILLS PoPs graphics, this is a fact.

You have your points, which I do respect man :) But why did this turn into some sort of competition as to which game is better? :\ Come now, lets not have some sort of war with people saying this or that is greater. And Esura and Bandoor, that doesn't mean I am saying you are fighting or anything ^_^ I'm just saying we don't want this turning into anything like that for obvious reasons :)

And yeah, there is a reason I quoted you Esura; which I'm getting to :lol: It's because I agree with you on this man. I do personally despise the graphics on the new PoP.

Lord Esura;145362 said:
@ LoD

Not enough replay value for me. This game aint worth 60 bucks or 40 Euros w/e.

^ True. The PS2 games were cheaper, and I don't think I'll spend around £40 on this if I am to only play and complete it about 3 times.

Top Bottom