• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(New Pachinko) Devil May Cry X Last Judgement

Veloran

Eh. I think this is pretty farfetched and you're getting piqued for nothing. C'mon you can't seriously believe this is any hint at DMC5 now.

We're never gonna learn are we?
I think it definitely is. Even if the pic is old (Which I'm pretty sure it isn't, 5-hour energy wasn't even big when 3 and 4 were getting made) Southworth isn't ignorant to what fans want. He's been teasing people for a long while now over another game getting made, so it comes down to whether you think he's just doing it to mess with people or if it's actually happening.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think it definitely is.

I, instead, think this is as farfetched as it can get.

so it comes down to whether you think he's just doing it to mess with people or if it's actually happening.

Of course I don't think it's happening. Gonna need way more than just a throwback photo, this is nothing to hold on. Getting into "Illuminati confirmed" level of believability here, seeing signs everywhere, even in the most insiginificant things like this one. One would think we should know better at this point, but guess not.

Frazz

General gamer
I think nowadays if there was a DMC5 being made we'd have heard about it from some anonymous source or something. These days there are leaks about everything - like the Dead Rising 4 image. If it was being made/ ready to be revealed I feel we'd have heard about it from some strong sources by now. I think @Foxtrot94 is right and we're just doing what we always do. I'm taking this one at face value for now...if there's anything more concrete down the line then perhaps I'll reflect on this but for now there's no evidence to suggest it's more than a throwback.

Veloran

I, instead, think this is as farfetched as it can get.

Of course I don't think it's happening. Gonna need way more than just a throwback photo, this is nothing to hold on. Getting into "Illuminati confirmed" level of believability here, seeing signs everywhere, even in the most insiginificant things like this one. One would think we should know better at this point, but guess not.
I mean the picture was literally tagged Devil May Cry with two of the lead actors in mocap. You don't think there's some denial going on in order to dismiss it on grounds like "Well the suits they're in don't match what they were using for the previous projects, but who knows maybe they just switched at one point for no reason".

Come on. Things like this have been building for months and months, there is way more than just this photo. At some point it goes beyond people seeing signs and just becomes signs being there period.

Furthermore, I see no reason why anybody should "know better at this point". What does that mean? Does a pachinko machine signify that the sky is falling and all hope is lost? Hell 3's machine was announced in practically the same timeframe of before 4 was announced.

I think nowadays if there was a DMC5 being made we'd have heard about it from some anonymous source or something.
What, like, say, actors and developers hinting at it for months on end? Because in most cases, that's as far as things go before an official announcement, with things like actual screenshot links being vastly more rare.

I'll reflect on this but for now there's no evidence to suggest it's more than a throwback.
There really is, even if you look purely at the postings and ignore anything else.

At the very least, save the pessimism until after E3 is done with.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Veloran
LOL, dude. I almost can't believe you're being serious. But look, I see no point in continuing this discussion, as it's obvious you've already made up your mind and built your castle in the air and nobody's gonna move you from your position on its walls. More than smiling inside, and shake my head at the absurdity of all this, I can't do.

So believe what you want. I'll do the same.

we're just doing what we always do.

there's no evidence to suggest it's more than a throwback.

Exactly.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
More than smiling inside, and shake my head at the absurdity of all this, I can't do.

Actually I can, on second thought.

dvsfw5.png

I'm sure you're gonna quote this and twist it, but I don't care. I'ma stick to the facts and move on.

Last edited:

Hyugul

Hmm

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
... I must have missed something, but what ? I mean, what's this guy accuracy in the first place, and he doesn't have nor leaking pic or a game title.

Sesha

I think nowadays if there was a DMC5 being made we'd have heard about it from some anonymous source or something. These days there are leaks about everything - like the Dead Rising 4 image. If it was being made/ ready to be revealed I feel we'd have heard about it from some strong sources by now. I think @Foxtrot94 is right and we're just doing what we always do. I'm taking this one at face value for now...if there's anything more concrete down the line then perhaps I'll reflect on this but for now there's no evidence to suggest it's more than a throwback.

That's a bit of a flawed reasoning. There's hundreds of games being made each year and we only hear about a fraction of them, in many cases right before it's going to be announced anyway. In DR4's case, it's supposed to show at Microsoft's press conference. So it can be argued that there's been no legitimate leaks of DMC5 because it's not going to be at E3. More relevant to the franchise, DMC3 was leaked through Stephanie Cheeva's website a couple of weeks before its actual announcement.
It should also be noted that job listings for new projects at Capcom Vancouver suggested DR4's existence, and that was at least a year ago.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Yeah i just heard his Voice kinda sounds Danteish and why did he post as lead In DMC 5 ?!
nothing is confirmed but could work as Dante's New Rival . ?

I mean Nils Hognested as Lead DMC5 ??? What ?
nilshognestadresume-555x199.png

Last edited:

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Yeah i just heard his Voice kinda sounds Danteish and why did he post as lead In DMC 5 ?!
nothing is confirmed but could work as Dante's New Rival . ?

I mean Nils Hognested as Lead DMC5 ??? What ?
nilshognestadresume-555x199.png
Looks like this guy Nils had this on his resume from 2013, it was in reference to DmC. It has nothing to do with DMC5. Capcom had a financial presentation yesterday though which sounds like they have big plans going forward. http://www.irbroadstreaming.net/ir/9697/2016_4q_e/#index=11

Not to mention this tweet this morning
Dan Southworth ‏@dan_southworth 2h2 hours ago

Lots of cool stuff comin up SOON! Stay tuned! :) #ohmyzord #FF #dustingquantumdefender #sharpeningyamato

SharpeningYamato? What the f*** dude?

Last edited:

Hyugul

That sharpening Yamato hashtag... He's such a Sadist.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I just looked up this dude Nils Hognestad whose resume this list is on and the guy kinda looks like Dante, I think he gives Reuben a run for his money.
He looks like Dante, sounds like a (decent) Dante, and has the casual, but not-too-silly attitude.

Nils would be the perfect SMT Nocturne Dante imho.

----

Who knows? If he's talented enough, maybe he could even play Vergil as well (since they are twins, after all).

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

That sharpening Yamato hashtag... He's such a Sadist.

Eh I think it may just be a funny way to say "get ready for cool stuff". It's got the Quantum Defender hashtag too after all. Is that supposed to mean there is a new season of Time Force coming out too maybe?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I remember when someone once said they'd go out with me -- only to turn me down the next day.

It's happening all over again... :(

Top Bottom