• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbarocks07

Ur opinion is that he is a euro trash punk wanabe. Some people (myself included) dress and look like that, so lighten up with the insults. I don't go around calling old dante some weak goth faggot who is afraid to break a nail. All that i'm saying is that Capcom wanted a redesign and told NT wat they wanted. Whoever developed the game would have to do this change to the "established DMC formula and characters" so that would have happened regardless. And yes I have read the posts in the other thread and like it or not, it was very arrogant of Platinum to say, just because they have experience with a game like Bayonetta. In fact, it's so outlandish, it wouldn't be right for any company to say that. And yes, I have a feeling the fanboys would complain if any other company besides Platinum Games made it. Team Ninja would be another good company to take over. But guess what, it's not going to change. Capcom is not changing their minds, this is what they want to do with the franchise. Believe it or not, most gamers like to have a fluid story. This is now Devil May Cry, get used to it.

I agree with you however, they said that they might continue the story after DMC4. how sweet would that be 2 devil may cry games rright after one other

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
This is now Devil May Cry, get used to it.

I don't have to get used to s%&t I'm afraid.

Like it or not I am going to continue to "bitch" about this reboot untill NT gives me something not to "bitch" about.

I don't have to get used to anything If I don't like it and If I do not like It I want play it.

Now YOU should get used to people "VOICEING THEIR OPINION" and stop throwing out insults by calling it mere bitching.

Christ, man. I support this game as much as the next but you're practically shoving it down people's throats...

And this post is so true ^^^

Its one thing to support a game and its another to basically attack people who have a different opinion on it.

Lighten up dude.

Bubbarocks07

i no its a game but calm down every one. like i said they might make another DMC game that continues after DMC4. Now, instead of gitting mad at each other, why can't we just say are opinions. btw "This is now Devil May Cry, get used to it." thats harsh but thats his opinion. I also said, how sweet would that be 2 devil may cry games right after one other. The other DMC would have original dante. Now that would be epic. Mostly to play as dante twice within a year apart. and before we judge we should wait for the demo or the whole game to come out

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
to everyone who still feels the need to express their opinons about DmC like an five year old:

i would have thought the forum would have gotten past this behavior by now. (most people have but even one person can make life difficult for everyone else) some people like what has been shown others don't. there are no right or wrong opinions, however there are right and wrong ways to express opinions. the right way being calm and reasonable and repectful towards other opinions. the wrong way has been demonstrated very clearly by many people in this forum. being rude to people who don't agree with you does not make your opinon more valid. now let's try to avoid this problem in the future

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
"This is now Devil May Cry, get used to it." thats harsh but thats his opinion.

And I never attacked him for having a opinion.

I just merely pointed out what was right and what was right is you can't just tell someone to "Get used to it" when they really do not have to.

I have never tried to impose my opinions on anyone by posting rude posts towards them. I understand that they have their opinion and I have mine. I don't go around calling others opinions mere bitching when someone does not like DmC and I don't call it mere ass kissing if someone does.

Point Is I am well aware that people have differing opinions and those opinions should always be respected. Just like my opinion should be respected even If it is something bad towards DmC that others may not like.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
a$$holes are like opinions... everyone has one... some stink.
Even when this game is released, SOME fans still won't agree with it.
The game has been changed and no one can do anything about it... and even if they could, do you really think Capcom will listen??? HELL NO!

As i pointed out in another thread anyone who seems to be either against or apprehensive about this game is deemed as being 'bitchy'. That's THEIR opinion, they're not being bitchy.
Flipping heck... what happened to 'debating'?

I'll admit, I have just about the same opinion as ToCool74 to this new game. But i don't jump down the necks of people that are for this game.

Even monkeys know that respect works both ways. If you can't respect someone's opinion, why should they respect yours? (Maybe because you have a brain and are bigger than a small minded A55hole.)

Two trailers and nothing really defining about the game or its story and everyone can still p*** each other off, it really does amaze me.

Perhaps if you can't take someone's opinion, you shouldn't be on a forum...???
*Let the flaming of VeeBee begin*
Apologies if that seemed harsh, but... I've been wanting to say that for ages.

Back on topic. I would love to have seen a prequel to DMC2... but, hopefully Capcom will get back to the old series. UNLESS. They've restarted the series so all games could make sense and be canon... (mainly explain Nero... *stomach grumbles* ooh, Bad feeling)

EDIT: If you do decide to flame me, do it properly and on a conversation or on my wall. I think the thread's had enough trouble.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well these trailers don't seem to say much to me. Considering we've waited a whole year since the last tidbit, this is it? Are they behind schedule or something, because by now they should be showing us stuff that's going to get our juices going. And all they seem to say in response to questions the fans have been asking for over a year is "I can't say."

Lol.

Virago

Not listening.
What Lexy said. I would love to see some new arguments for why this game sucks.

Also, I would have no problem with people expressing opinions different from mine if they weren't rife with homophobia. I get that many people hate the new look. But some people on this board (they know who they are) need to stop slamming gay folks by conflating homosexuality with something they don't like.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^This

the offensive-ness (new "ness" there for you guys ;P) needs to stop all round, if you dislike the game, intelligently convey your opinions about it in a non shallow way, if the "haters" had done this maybe Ninja Theory would have been able to listen to us a bit better and it may have helped them with the final product rather than instantly thinking (like a lot of parties) that DMC fans are just elitist fans who are butthurt and not paying much attention to them (which I can't blame them for)

Alternatively things like "haters gonna hate" and other undermining terms need to stop towards the people who are not fans of this new direction, a lot of "haters" like myself respect the opinions of anyone and would gladly put forward our opinions as to why we feel that way with an intelligent and civil argument, the reason we don't? is that whenever we do, like I said there is usually at least one person who feels we are being unjust without noticing we are making points and not just incessantly bashing, thus don't listen and end up flaming us. I also think that there are many fans of this new game that would be quite happy for a pleasant discussion about why they look forward to this, like DT (sorry mate, you were a good example :p) however I think they also try and keep their heads down to avoid stupid arguments, it's a shame.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think I know how to sum up my feelings on what we have been shown thus far.

I'm intrigued.

But I'm not impressed.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Think people need to start thinking before they open their mouths and start being a little more openminded with other peoples views and opinions. Its quite easy to make a point and voice an opinion without feeling the need to insult someone elses. Be respectful of each other and show some maturity before the thread is closed. The game is still very much work in progress and could be an age before it ever hits shelves so much can change from now until then. So those that are unhappy about it forget it and go and play older titles and judge it on its final product when its released or simply ignore it like it doesnt exist. Either of those is better than bitching and moaning at each other and fellow fans of the game series.

Asmodaius

Think people need to start thinking before they open their mouths and start being a little more openminded with other peoples views and opinions. Its quite easy to make a point and voice an opinion without feeling the need to insult someone elses. Be respectful of each other and show some maturity before the thread is closed. The game is still very much work in progress and could be an age before it ever hits shelves so much can change from now until then. So those that are unhappy about it forget it and go and play older titles and judge it on its final product when its released or simply ignore it like it doesnt exist. Either of those is better than bitching and moaning at each other and fellow fans of the game series.

Quoted for truth.
I know I can be easily provoked by negative comments, because I just find it incredibly shallow and narrow-minded to judge something on this stage, and then I become provocative and accusing in my responses.
For that, I apologize. To all of you.

Chrysander

Not sure why its more acceptable to prematurely say a game seems good, than prematurely saying it seems bad. It's the same thing to me, we all have the same amount of info, some like what they've seen, some don't.

Nobody is really interested in opposing opinions. I don't care about hearing why someone likes what they've seen, and nobody cares about why I don't like what I've seen. A thread for us DMC3 fans to complain might solve this, then nobody else has to read our complaints, and there should be less clashing, and this thread can be a positive one.

Asmodaius

Not sure why its more acceptable to prematurely say a game seems good, than prematurely saying it seems bad.

It isn't. To say the game is perfect at this point is just as bad as saying it is horrible. We can only judge what we have seen, and what we have seen is unfinished footage.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not sure why its more acceptable to prematurely say a game seems good, than prematurely saying it seems bad..

I completely agree.

If it is not "acceptable" to say the game looks awfull at this point It should also not be acceptable to give high praise to it.

Its only fair to give both sides the same treatment since opinions are considered equal right?

So if someone here says the game looks awesome at this point I should be allowed to convey my opinion that I don't think it does.

As long as he/she respects my opinion and doesn't post towards me in a negative way and I respect theirs and not post towards them in a negative way there really should not be any problem.

If we don't post towards each other in a negative way (depends on what you consider "negative way",that could be just an disagreement and not flaming, like saying that new Dante is gay fag) there wouldn't be any debate...I think that would be a bit boring.
And, the thing Dark Drakan said (with all due respect), I think it was said about thousands of times before him but no one would listen, now that he said that people should listen more and ceasefire once and for all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If we don't post towards each other in a negative way (depends on what you consider "negative way",that could be just an disagreement and not flaming, like saying that new Dante is gay fag) there wouldn't be any debate...I think that would be a bit boring.
And, the thing Dark Drakan said, I think it was said about thousands of times before him but no one would listen, now that he said that people should listen more and ceasefire once and for all.

I understand where Dark Drakan is coming from about not wanting flame wars to start up.

But telling us naysayers not to voice our opinion is not the solution nor is it fair to do so. We have just as much of a right to say our thoughts on the trailer as much as the people who love the new direction and trailers have to say theirs.

Telling us to wait to the final product to be released is basically like telling us to "Shut up and don't give your opinion until its released" is not right or fair to the fanbase and members of the forum.

As I said there IS a solution and the solution is for people to be more respectable towards others opinions. If someone does not like it let them have their opinion and if someone does let them have their opinion.

simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom