• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

DMC2's gameplay was the best, in my opinion. It was simple and cool. DMC1 was lacking, DMC3 had all those styles that were quite pointless, DMC4 was a bit better though, but lacked evolvement.

And updated version of DMC2's gameplay would be preferable.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC2's gameplay was the best, in my opinion. It was simple and cool. DMC1 was lacking, DMC3 had all those styles that were quite pointless, DMC4 was a bit better though, but lacked evolvement.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone agreed with me about DMC2's gameplay...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Or people could simply go and play something else, same as they have been doing since DMC 4's release. Plenty of other games out there, its a rather crowded gaming world out there to get hung up on one title.

If this game does end up bombing I will be fine with it as long as Capcom makes the effort to go back to making a proper sequel to DMC4.

In the mean time I would be more the willing to go and play something else until then.

As long as Capcom does not let the series die with this game (assuming it does not do to good) then I will not be to hung up over this game failing.

Rodin

Owner/Barman of The Gates of Hell
If this game does end up bombing I will be fine with it as long as Capcom makes the effort to go back to making a proper sequel to DMC4.
You're not talking about things right; many fans considered Devil May Cry 4, an "improper" sequel to the past titles of the franchise. Truth be said; Devil May Cry players are just whining because of the changes that the developer team has decided to make for the sake of the future of Devil May Cry's franchise.

Actually, DmC wants to be a franchise on its own and target also new fans - not solely the old fan-base which Devil May Cry has built around it. I believe it's like Fable, fans are cynical all the time for the changes that the developer wants to make/has taken.

I think not all styles were pointless, just the last two: doppleganger and quicksilver.
First four were quite useful and different from each other and really added to gameplay.
DMC2 gameplay had potential but I always felt like it was too linear and somehow not really stylish (slow paced and you could also beat all the bosses with guns when in devil trigger, really overpowered guns), although I really liked atmosphere in this one (melancoly, and dark imbued atmosphere)
DMC3 gameplay was surely the best for me, but I would like to see quickchange of styles like in DMC4.

Asmodaius

I never thought I'd see the day when someone agreed with me about DMC2's gameplay...

Seriously? It's the DMC I've played the most out of the four. Mostly as Lucia, because, well... I love ninja-type of characters. And I LOVED her Secretary outfit!

I think not all styles were pointless, just the last two: doppleganger and quicksilver.
First four were quite useful and different from each other and really added to gameplay.
DMC2 gameplay had potential but I always felt like it was too linear and somehow not really stylish (slow paced and you could also beat all the bosses with guns when in devil trigger, really overpowered guns), although I really liked atmosphere in this one (melancoly, and dark imbued atmosphere)
DMC3 gameplay was surely the best for me, but I would like to see quickchange of styles like in DMC4.

The thing is, I don't want to see the gameplay be split up in styles. Dante should be able to do all those things at all times - swordsmanship, gunslinging, dodging etc., JUST like he could in DMC2. But like in DMC4, I'd like for him to quickly change between weapons with just a click.

The thing is, I don't want to see the gameplay be split up in styles. Dante should be able to do all those things at all times - swordsmanship, gunslinging, dodging etc., JUST like he could in DMC2. But like in DMC4, I'd like for him to quickly change between weapons with just a click.

It could be hard to make all styles one, this is kinda done in DMC2 (not really bad but...) but I think it's because of that game is lacking some style.
Try to combine all styles in DMC3 together....that would be a mess. All buttons are already used for attacks, many attacks would be erased then and that leads to gameplay lacking in style.
I don't say it's not possible....in fact I would like to see that too (that would be awesome, functioning all around style).
Well, Vergil's Dark Slayer style in DMC3 is nice start.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You're not talking about things right; many fans considered Devil May Cry 4, an "improper" sequel to the past titles of the franchise. Truth be said; Devil May Cry players are just whining because of the changes that the developer team has decided to make for the sake of the future of Devil May Cry's franchise.

Actually, DmC wants to be a franchise on its own and target also new fans - not solely the old fan-base which Devil May Cry has built around it. I believe it's like Fable, fans are cynical all the time for the changes that the developer wants to make/has taken.

How am I not talking about things right?

I'm stating my OPINION after all.

And the whole point of my post was that as long as Capcom does not let the established series die with this installement I would be cool with it that was assuming that this game does fail.

I would not mind a DMC4 sequel however I could care less about a DMC4 sequel as long as they make a true DMC5 game if this one fails.

I never said or implied that I want it to fail like it seems you are trying to insinuate. If DmC does do good then I am all for it and would be more the happy to accept it assuming that it turns out to be a great game. Its just that currently my opinion on the game is not that favorable.

And instead of saying we are just "whining" about the game why not try to have a little more respect for our opinions.;)

Rodin

And instead of saying we are just "whining" about the game why not try to have a little more respect for our opinions.;)
I serve drinks all day. People come, people go. They all are chatty and classy about their own opinions and such, that's like the internet. Everyone thinks their opinion matters, it doesn't especially in your case that you're trying to claim that you aren't what you are; someone that wishes to whine and crash his head on the wall complaining about his semi-favorite franchise is rebooting.

Don't try to speak classy and all that, you ain't fooling anyone.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I serve drinks all day. People come, people go. They all are chatty and classy about their own opinions and such, that's like the internet. Everyone thinks their opinion matters, it doesn't especially in your case that you're trying to claim that you aren't what you are; someone that wishes to whine and crash his head on the wall complaining about his semi-favorite franchise is rebooting.

Fooling anyone?

How am I trying to fool anyone?

Why are you just joining up to a forum just to start s&^t?

You only been here like a day and you think you can just make bold assessments about me?

How can you just claim to know me when you really know nothing about me?

Why are you trying to start a flame war by assuming you are better then everyone and think you know everything?

And why does my opinion not matter?

EVERYONE opinions matter and people really should respect those opinions and not bash them like you are currently doing.

Your obviously flame baiting here dude so please knock it off before this gets out of hand.

Rodin

Fooling anyone?Your obviously flame baiting here dude so please knock it off before this gets out of hand.
You spend your time pointing fingers, it's not my fault you're accusing me of causing what you call a "flame war" You want to find who's fault it is? Just look at the mirror. You don't care about my input regarding this subject, merely ignore it. You wish to bash anything you find fitting to you. Although, this is the internet, I wouldn't expect classy behavior from someone.

I have better things to do than argue with you about your world in your head and how things should be going.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You spend your time pointing fingers, it's not my fault you're accusing me of causing what you call a "flame war" You want to find who's fault it is? Just look at the mirror. You don't care about my input regarding this subject, merely ignore it. You wish to bash anything you find fitting to you. Although, this is the internet, I wouldn't expect classy behavior from someone.

I have better things to do than argue with you about your world in your head and how things should be going.

What did I do to you?

I stated my opinion and you attacked me and made bold assessments about my character that you know nothing about.

I never put down your opinion regarding DMC.

I never said that your opinion does not matter (like you said about myself).

I never "bashed" you personally or anything so please point out which part of my post bashed your input.

I can however point out some parts of your post that bash my input however

Truth be said; Devil May Cry players are just whining because of the changes that the developer team has decided to make for the sake of the future of Devil May Cry's franchise.

Everyone thinks their opinion matters, it doesn't especially in your case that you're trying to claim that you aren't what you are; someone that wishes to whine and crash his head on the wall complaining about his semi-favorite franchise is rebooting

You see?

You bashed my input for no apparent reason other then some misguided sense of perfection and understanding of ones psyche that you seem to THINK you have.

I to do not want to get involved in something as trivial as pointing fingers or playing the blame game but the fact of the matter is you started this little disagreement by being very bold in your assessments of others and bashing my opinion.
Respecting ones opinion goes both ways and right now your acting pretty immaturely about this.

Rodin

You bashed my input for no apparent reason other then some misguided sense of perfection and understanding of ones psyche that you seem to THINK you have.
I'm sorry, I didn't figure you couldn't understand. I will refrain to post further answers to fuel your inner machinery.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm sorry, I didn't figure you couldn't understand. I will refrain to post further answers to fuel your inner machinery.

Now you are insulting my intelligence.

Real mature.

Yes it is best that you refraim from making any other misguided post that relay some sense of misguided justice on your part.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Re: Fable. I'm probably the most accepting fan then. I love the games... all of them. Just hope Fable 4 is even better than the 3rd. (Plus, Fable can't be compared with DmC as Fable is and has been overlooked by the same developer for all games)

Also "Devil may Cry players are whining about the change of developer". You're talking about all DMC fans with that statment. They don't all think that way, to assume they do is small minded.

Newbies: Look, if you're for this game, you're not gonna agree with anyone who doesn't. Accept this

Rodin

Also "Devil may Cry players are whining about the change of developer". You're talking about all DMC fans with that statment. They don't all think that way, to assume they do is small minded.
You aren't in position to say whatever assumption is small minded or not.

Newbies: Look, if you're for this game, you're not gonna agree with anyone who doesn't. Accept this
Newbies, be wary, will tell ill whenever there's a chance. Whatever newbie into this site is a sub-species which should be crushed down all the way. Go figure.
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/what-are-you-thinking.6920/page-715#post-288418

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

This issue has been discussed and bashed and spat on before. Read the second post in this thread:
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threa...that-are-considering-buying-this-reboot.9207/
'Newb' or not, everyone is entitled to their opinion just as everyone is entitled to some level of respect.
If people want to 'whine' about how crap this game is going to be, give them the space to do so and respect their opinion. That way, when you have only positive things to state about this game, you will be given your space to do so and your opinion will be respected. Nobody is going to come barging in to tell you you're wrong. There is no right or wrong opinion, but you know some things are better left unsaid. Don't insult people because they don't see things your way. That's no way to make friends and no way to become part of this community.
Also, you might want to read the forum rules, too: http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/posting-and-forums-a-userguide-readme.3717/

Flaming is not nice, and bashing someone for no reason is just unneeded. Even if a users post is misinformed, it does not justify rudeness! Explain your point, where the user is going wrong and resolve the confusion politely

Just thought you should know before you get reported (if you haven't already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom