• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
He's a nudie o_O! Oh my, oh my, OH MY! And he's fighting commando...HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
(fangirl moment out the way):shifty:

Hmm, in this trailer I noticed he's a lot more muscular and he has a tattoo on his inner arm and some kind of symbol on is back. His style is a lot more fluid and he's bringing that 'DMC' bravado back. This game is looking more and more like a winner to me!

P.S. Is it just me or were they taking a stab at FOX News? Personally, I don't like the network, but that news anchor reminded me of Mr. O' Reilly. XD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i felt RE6 was the better story trailer as it did fill you in on the story of the game and gave you a concrete picture of its players and events.

i know more about that game in two months than with this game in two years.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
We should find out more at E3 (hopefully). I'm content with what we have for right now though.
me too, at least they are putting out little tid bits of story info. i'm liking most of the story being a mystery. :) but i have a feeling at e3 we will get alot more new info and footage. :)

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat

Sissi146

Hmm, in this trailer I noticed he's a lot more muscular and he has a tattoo on his inner arm and some kind of symbol on is back. His style is a lot more fluid and he's bringing that 'DMC' bravado back. This game is looking more and more like a winner to me!

He hasn't got a tattoo on his arm, it's sign ""Hell of a night, call us!"" and this make sense why he is naked on the trailer.

Great find, man. I've been trying to decipher that tattoo for a while.

And welcome to the forums!
Thanks and no problem :) Ehehehe Dante is naughty as ever, but he probably slept with 2 demon girls because I doubt that these scratches did human women.

Ps. I am girl xP

Reanbell

Your very own star
Alright here's my view on this trailer, but just warning you, it is not one of satisfaction.

Idk, after I saw this trailer I went through the DMC tag on tumblr and saw that people were actually impressed by this garbage. That’s fine and it’s your opinion, but I just totally have to rant about this pile of crap because it seriously … Just what? What the **** is this? This is what’s supposed to cater to Western fans? Does anyone feel in the slightest bit offended by this? We like the stereotypical, sexual deviant, ‘badass’ that’s “TOO COOL” to be bothered with anyone? I don’t find him attractive at all. He’s still as hideous as he was in the previous trailers. Because he dances around naked and fits every Gary Stu creation under the sun, suddenly he is a well developed character. That’s bullshit. Devil May Cry has always had an awesome story, awesome characters that actually had real development. To be honest, this character feels like it’s trying too hard to be ‘badass’. It’s a pile of trash. I was actually disgusted watching it. I cannot fathom how this trailer is seen as good in any way, shape, or form. It’s actually really insulting and irritating and makes me what the hell happened to one of my favorite video game series. People saying this is ‘classic Dante’? Sorry, but I don’t understand that. Classic Dante didn’t have to try so hard, he was so relatable… and most of all, he wasn’t the biggest douche bag to ever roam the CG earth on two legs. He lost his family, he had personal conflicts, he didn’t have to smoke or flip the bird. He was confident of himself in an aspect that was so subtle but you knew he was comfortable with it. This character.. I just can’t wrap my head around it.
Another thing —-> About the Gameplay. It doesn’t look good! IT LOOKS WORSE. IT DOESN’T LOOK UNIQUE OR NEW. IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME **** WE’VE SEEN BUT DOWNGRADED. The fact that he can do the same basic things Nero and Dante can, is just plain stupid. It’s like wow, recycled game play I’m so excited. .___.

IDK I see everyone liking this trailer and just have to wonder why. This is the biggest failure of a trailer I’ve probably ever seen.
And that “whore mother” line? I can’t even. Just no.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
*shrug* Old Dante sucked. This new Dante appeals to me.

Who knows? I may actually become a fan after this...I'm going to give this game a go, at least. This trailer coupled with the interview from Captivate makes me look forward to seeing what NT have done with something that people have been so polarized over from day one.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Alright here's my view on this trailer, but just warning you, it is not one of satisfaction.

Idk, after I saw this trailer I went through the DMC tag on tumblr and saw that people were actually impressed by this garbage. That’s fine and it’s your opinion, but I just totally have to rant about this pile of crap because it seriously … Just what? What the **** is this? This is what’s supposed to cater to Western fans? Does anyone feel in the slightest bit offended by this? We like the stereotypical, sexual deviant, ‘badass’ that’s “TOO COOL” to be bothered with anyone? I don’t find him attractive at all. He’s still as hideous as he was in the previous trailers. Because he dances around naked and fits every Gary Stu creation under the sun, suddenly he is a well developed character. That’s bullshit. Devil May Cry has always had an awesome story, awesome characters that actually had real development. To be honest, this character feels like it’s trying too hard to be ‘badass’. It’s a pile of trash. I was actually disgusted watching it. I cannot fathom how this trailer is seen as good in any way, shape, or form. It’s actually really insulting and irritating and makes me what the hell happened to one of my favorite video game series. People saying this is ‘classic Dante’? Sorry, but I don’t understand that. Classic Dante didn’t have to try so hard, he was so relatable… and most of all, he wasn’t the biggest douche bag to ever roam the CG earth on two legs. He lost his family, he had personal conflicts, he didn’t have to smoke or flip the bird. He was confident of himself in an aspect that was so subtle but you knew he was comfortable with it. This character.. I just can’t wrap my head around it.
Another thing —-> About the Gameplay. It doesn’t look good! IT LOOKS WORSE. IT DOESN’T LOOK UNIQUE OR NEW. IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME **** WE’VE SEEN BUT DOWNGRADED. The fact that he can do the same basic things Nero and Dante can, is just plain stupid. It’s like wow, recycled game play I’m so excited. .___.
IDK I see everyone liking this trailer and just have to wonder why. This is the biggest failure of a trailer I’ve probably ever seen.
Um dmc4 is recycled gameplay. And if you think Nero has good character development then, i suggest you stay way from anything NT makes because it will be very hard to follow. Dante barely has any back story besides setting up shop and getting his DT. oh yea and vergil, but the continuity is so far off, that you have to just ignore certain facts to actually get wtf is going on. I'm speaking for dmc3-dmc1
And i also think Dante, in every version, has always tried to hard to be "cool".

your opinion is your own and i'm not trying to sway it in any direction. I just don't understand how you think origiDante was "cooler" than this Dante, espeically when you haven't played the game yet. This trailer is just a glimpse of what he is going to be. And its all shoved together in a nut shell. If you watch the gameplay trailers, he's not trying to be cool, he generally says things that i would say if i was in that kind of situation. He almost trys to make light of everything. A good quality in a hero i would think.

Tiran

The great pretender.

Yeah, I know what you mean. DMC's writing has always been top notch- Oscar worthy compared to the crap we see in other games. I mean, it's not like ninja theory is known for characterization and development anyways. I mean Trish... she's like the most deep video game female ever! Way better than that slutty, one note Nariko! Dante has never tried very hard to act cool to us, No. He was such a subtly portrayed, carefully handled, well crafted, original character. I mean the emotional roller coaster that was the Devil may cry series should be held as a bench mark for which all story and character development is held. That symbolic cultural and social satire was done so well in DMC 4! That's why everyone in gaming and beyond was so blown away by it! I felt the tears roll down my face when Nero screamed for his girlfriend. Dante coolness was meant to hide the deep well of pain he was so obviously going through which is well documented throughout the entirety of the series. That's why the series goes in that non-chronological order. It's like pulp fiction- A great movie, with great writing! I mean hellooo! Devil May Cry> Pulp fiction...And further more, I... OKAY, I'm sorry, I can't continue this without laughing! I mean, how do you guys do it for so long- Lie to yourselves, I mean.

Devil may cry was a series about well designed deep combat wrapped thinly in the red coat of a Saturday morning cartoon, nothing else. Criticize the new game all you want, that's fair, but don't pad your opinions to turn them into facts. You saw a trailer, you didn't like what you saw, fine. That's what I feel with most of the game trailers I see. However, I don't try to spin gold out of straw with the defense of the mediocre in the face of what I feel is s#it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Yeah, I know what you mean. DMC's writing has always been top notch- Oscar worthy compared to the crap we see in other games. (giggles) I mean, it's not like ninja theory is known for characterization and development anyways. I mean Trish... she's like the most deep video game female ever! (what?)Way better than that slutty, one note Nariko!(hahaha) Dante has never tried very hard to act cool to us, No. He was such a subtly portrayed, carefully handled, well crafted, original character. I mean the emotional roller coaster that was the Devil may cry series should be held as a bench mark for which all story and character development is held.(LOL) That symbolic cultural and social satire was done so well in DMC 4!(LMMFAO)That's why everyone in gaming and beyond was so blown away by it! I felt the tears roll down my face when Nero screamed for his girlfriend.(aww) Dante coolness was meant to hide the deep well of pain he was so obviously going through which is well documented throughout the entirety of the series(especially dmc2, it was very hard for Dante, ya know with everything). That's why the series goes in that non-chronological order. It's like pulp fiction- A great movie, with great writing! I mean hellooo! Devil May Cry> Pulp fiction...And further more, I... OKAY, I'm sorry, I can't continue this without laughing!

Too Late HAHAHAHAHAHAH

berto

I Saw the Devil

Ok, let's do this by segments....

Idk, after I saw this trailer I went through the DMC tag on tumblr and saw that people were actually impressed by this garbage. That’s fine and it’s your opinion, but I just totally have to rant about this pile of crap because it seriously … Just what? What the **** is this? This is what’s supposed to cater to Western fans? Does anyone feel in the slightest bit offended by this?

Offende is a strong word. I'm not really that crazy about it, haven't been on any of the trailers or materials but I'm not offended. Angry is how I felt when I saw the first trailer, maybe a little betrayed, but not offended.

We like the stereotypical, sexual deviant, ‘badass’ that’s “TOO COOL” to be bothered with anyone? I don’t find him attractive at all. He’s still as hideous as he was in the previous trailers. Because he dances around naked and fits every Gary Stu creation under the sun, suddenly he is a well developed character. That’s bullshit.

People are just happy he isn't emo. The devil may care additude is part of his persona, but I do agree that this new character strikes me as a douche, and it is trying to hard to show him as cool to the point of :/ .

Devil May Cry has always had an awesome story, awesome characters that actually had real development.

But you have to admit, the story style was now just getting in the way of the actual story and it was down right ridiculious. It was refreshing in DMC3 but 4 just killed it. I was hoping that this game would step away from that but I guess not.

To be honest, this character feels like it’s trying too hard to be ‘badass’.

Yeah, I got that impression, too.

It’s a pile of trash. I was actually disgusted watching it. I cannot fathom how this trailer is seen as good in any way, shape, or form. It’s actually really insulting and irritating and makes me what the hell happened to one of my favorite video game series.

I blame the British.

People saying this is ‘classic Dante’? Sorry, but I don’t understand that. Classic Dante didn’t have to try so hard, he was so relatable… and most of all, he wasn’t the biggest douche bag to ever roam the CG earth on two legs. He lost his family, he had personal conflicts, he didn’t have to smoke or flip the bird.

I dissagree to an extent. It's true that this isn't the Dante I knew and loved but he isn't completly alien to the original. There are similareties, some thick ones, and there is no deniying that there is a similar way to them.

Yeah, but that was the same as DMC4 where Dante got like 2 upgrades and that's all. I can tell you now, they weren't planning on changing up his move set and attacks even if it had been a direct sequel. Since DMC3 they pretty much had the moves set and they just added Nero's and a few of Bayonetta's.

Yeah, it's bad, I was rather surprised to see the possitive reactions to this trailer since to me it seemed the least impressive of the lot but I'm not offended.

ReRave

smug jerk
Yeah, I know what you mean. DMC's writing has always been top notch- Oscar worthy compared to the crap we see in other games. I mean, it's not like ninja theory is known for characterization and development anyways. I mean Trish... she's like the most deep video game female ever! Way better than that slutty, one note Nariko! Dante has never tried very hard to act cool to us, No. He was such a subtly portrayed, carefully handled, well crafted, original character. I mean the emotional roller coaster that was the Devil may cry series should be held as a bench mark for which all story and character development is held. That symbolic cultural and social satire was done so well in DMC 4! That's why everyone in gaming and beyond was so blown away by it! I felt the tears roll down my face when Nero screamed for his girlfriend. Dante coolness was meant to hide the deep well of pain he was so obviously going through which is well documented throughout the entirety of the series. That's why the series goes in that non-chronological order. It's like pulp fiction- A great movie, with great writing! I mean hellooo! Devil May Cry> Pulp fiction...And further more, I... OKAY, I'm sorry, I can't continue this without laughing! I mean, how do you guys do it for so long- Lie to yourselves, I mean.

Oh snap, Reanbell, you got told. You got told good. :D

Idk, after I saw this trailer I went through the DMC tag on tumblr and saw that people were actually impressed by this garbage. That’s fine and it’s your opinion, but I just totally have to rant about this pile of crap because it seriously … Just what? What the **** is this? This is what’s supposed to cater to Western fans? Does anyone feel in the slightest bit offended by this? We like the stereotypical, sexual deviant, ‘badass’ that’s “TOO COOL” to be bothered with anyone? I don’t find him attractive at all.
Okay, have fun enjoying your games, where you have to fall in love with the main char to like it.
He’s still as hideous as he was in the previous trailers. Because he dances around naked and fits every Gary Stu creation under the sun, suddenly he is a well developed character. That’s bullshit. Devil May Cry has always had an awesome story, awesome characters that actually had real development.
Lol what?
To be honest, this character feels like it’s trying too hard to be ‘badass’.
Suddendly, surfing on a rocket is not "trying hard" at all. What a world.
It’s a pile of trash. I was actually disgusted watching it.
Wow, you' cannot be serious.
I cannot fathom how this trailer is seen as good in any way, shape, or form. It’s actually really insulting and irritating and makes me what the hell happened to one of my favorite video game series. People saying this is ‘classic Dante’? Sorry, but I don’t understand that. Classic Dante didn’t have to try so hard, he was so relatable…
Yes, I totally could understand him talking smack to a three-headed dog. So believable and deep!
and most of all, he wasn’t the biggest douche bag to ever roam the CG earth on two legs. He lost his family, he had personal conflicts, he didn’t have to smoke or flip the bird. He was confident of himself in an aspect that was so subtle but you knew he was comfortable with it. This character.. I just can’t wrap my head around it.
"Subtle". "He didn't have to flip the bird". I get the feeling you're trolling us hard.
Yeah, because that is so not what everyone wanted, right? A DMC-game? How dare those b.astards make one!
Sorry, but your credibilty is compromised hard.

HateU

Le bystander
flipping the bird at bob in this trailer has a double meaning.......its for us DmC critics/dislikers too. Its Ninja Theory's saying that this game will pwn us and so forth....

trailers need to be flashy for marketing and sales. like when re4 was made and everyone was like omg its great and they bought re 5 years later and complain that it sucked.

ff13 use to be a six year wait and when it came out....everyone said it sucked.ff13-2 sucked too.

metal gear rising is not even out yet and everyone says it sucks.

ninja gaiden 3 came out and it sucked soooo bad.

asura's wrath trailers were hyping up ppl and when it came out and ppl played it.....after that we never heard from it again.....wow what happen?oh wait....asura's wrath sucked too.

so i'm not going to buy into this game and do like dumb fangirls 'oh my god, dante is so hot. i'm sold!"

Tiran

The great pretender.
flipping the bird at bob in this trailer has a double meaning.......its for us DmC critics/dislikers too. Its Ninja Theory's saying that this game will pwn us and so forth....

trailers need to be flashy for marketing and sales. like when re4 was made and everyone was like omg its great and they bought re 5 years later and complain that it sucked.

ff13 use to be a six year wait and when it came out....everyone said it sucked.ff13-2 sucked too.

metal gear rising is not even out yet and everyone says it sucks.

ninja gaiden 3 came out and it sucked soooo bad.

asura's wrath trailers were hyping up ppl and when it came out and ppl played it.....after that we never heard from it again.....wow what happen?oh wait....asura's wrath sucked too.

so i'm not going to buy into this game and do like dumb fangirls 'oh my god, dante is so hot. i'm sold!"
First of all how do the rebellious actions of a character known for his rebelliousness in a game confirm any show of resentment or hate towards any real person or persons? second... What do other ****ty games have to do with this one? By the logic you just s#itted out, you shouldn't play any game with an awesome trailer.

You want to know what Ninja theory thinks about you? They don't. They have important things to concern themselves with like making the best game they can make. They, and all the rest of us, who may or may not purchase this game depending on it's outcome, will keep an open vigil. You can soak and sob in all the reasons that killed the series you loved so much.

ReRave

smug jerk
First of all how do the rebellious actions of a character known for his rebelliousness in a game confirm any show of resentment or hate towards any real person or persons? second... What do other ****ty games have to do with this one? By the logic you just s#itted out, you shouldn't play any game with an awesome trailer.

You want to know what Ninja theory thinks about you? They don't. They have important things to concern themselves with like making the best game they can make. They, and all the rest of us, who may or may not purchase this game depending on it's outcome, will keep an open vigil. You can soak and sob in all the reasons that killed the series you loved so much.
I hate it, when you beat me to it.

Jaxxy

\

i do get a feeling that the trailer is trying too hard on making dante all badass and cool. it worked for others but my reaction was still bland. although the gameplay peaked my interest a little and that is where i will focus.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I think it's mostly context that rushes all the most over-the-top moments at us in the space of two minutes. It makes it seem like that's all that happens. Stretched out over the half hour or so this level probably takes place in, it might be easier for some to absorb in doses.

Top Bottom