• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer.

Nelo_Vergil

oh man i loved that dante!!!! he looked like a younger version of DMC2 dante. I will never understand why in any hell they scrapped that dante.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
oh man i loved that dante!!!! he looked like a younger version of DMC2 dante. I will never understand why in any hell they scrapped that dante.
me too! he had a very unique style to him and i loved it! very disappointed with the final look of dmc4 dante, but none-the-less the gameplay is awesome

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yes! i liked this version of dante soo much more than the alec baldwin looking version:
dmccapture1.jpg

uhhh.....I actually was referring to this DMC4 version of Dante.

dantedevilmaycry4.jpg

He looks ALOT more badass and his appearance makes more sense IMO since he is still looks slightly older than his DMC1 appearance but younger than his DMC2 appearance IMO which would have made more sense considering the story placement of DMC4.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cocky and smartmouthed Dante, but considering how DMC4 takes place during a time leading up to what I would assume is his DMC2 persona, I just did not think it was right to make him act like a 18 year old version of himself.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
uhhh.....I actually was referring to this DMC4 version of Dante.

dantedevilmaycry4.jpg

He looks ALOT more badass and his appearance makes more sense IMO since he is still looks slightly older than his DMC1 appearance but younger than his DMC2 appearance IMO which would have made more sense considering the story placement of DMC4.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cocky and smartmouthed Dante, but considering how DMC4 takes place during a time leading up to what I would assume is his DMC2 persona, I just did not think it was right to make him act like a 18 year old version of himself.
oh, well i really like that version as well. :)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
oh, well i really like that version as well. :)

yea I liked the other one you posted as well (although not a fan of the eyes).

But I think we can both agree that both would have been a better choice than the final dante in DMC4.

Also, which beta version of Dante was out first?

the one I posted or yours?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

But I think we can both agree that both would have been a better choice than the final dante in DMC4.

The one he posted

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The one he posted

actually I just checked online and it would appear mine was out first.

The one he posted was from TGS 2005 which usually takes place in the Fall while the one I posted was said to be from E3 2005 which takes place in the summer.

Here is a video of it.

DragonMaster2010

actually I just checked online and it would appear mine was out first.

The one he posted was from TGS 2005 which usually takes place in the Fall while the one I posted was said to be from E3 2005 which takes place in the summer.

Here is a video of it.

Oh yeaaaahhh...I remember that one.

Dante47

Does anyone notice that in the DMC4 teaser he has the exact attire as DMC2 Dante?
Also, how come we didn't get that version of DMC4? It actually looks way better. Dante doesn't seem like such a brat and it looked like it might have linked the series to DMC2.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

yes, we can definitely agree on that! :) and yeah the one you posted came out first.

DragonMaster2010

Does anyone notice that in the DMC4 teaser he has the exact attire as DMC2 Dante?
Also, how come we didn't get that version of DMC4? It actually looks way better. Dante doesn't seem like such a brat and it looked like it might have linked the series to DMC2.

I really have no idea. I would have prefered this Dante over the old guy Dante of DMC4. But then this Dante looks younger then DMC1 so I guess they decided to make Dante old, but his character immature. But I guess they wanted a younger guy cause, let's face iit, Dante's gettin old. So, Nero comes in. That's my theory.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I really have no idea. I would have prefered this Dante over the old guy Dante of DMC4. But then this Dante looks younger then DMC1 so I guess they decided to make Dante old, but his character immature. But I guess they wanted a younger guy cause, let's face iit, Dante's gettin old. So, Nero comes in. That's my theory.

I understand that.

But from a "story standpoint" it was a ****ty move on Capcom's part to make Dante look that old.

I understand they did not want 2 younger looking guys staring in the same game, but if that where the case than they should have

1.Made DMC4's Dante ALOT more mature

and

2.DMC4 should have taken place AFTER DMC2 in order to properly explain how Dante has aged so much since DMC2 Dante looks younger than DMC4 Dante IMO.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, no, it doesn't. It's the DMC4 one without the straps across the chest & stomag and without the decorations on the trench coat. It's teh same shirt and same belt and pants with out the rider chaps.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is that the one with the Ice castle, cause that one was DMC3 + a black tutleneck.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Then yeah, it's the DMC4 getup minis the belts and chaps and a plainer coat,

The DMC2 one is a close chested one with a brown torso and a strap across the chest. Thi one is open coat and all red.

Well Dante's in his 30's in DMC4 and he acts like the Dante of DMC3, who was suppose to be the younger and bratty version of Dante. Now he's 30 something and he's still bratty now. I saw no maturity in him at all. He was more goofy then the badass he was in DMC1 to me, and I didn't like it.
Yeah, that's BS, there was no sence of maturing from 3 to 4 and yet I remember the constant talk about having to make him more mature from both Ruben and Kobayashi.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
This makes me want to become an assassin and assassinate the person who f*cked up dante's persona.

Top Bottom