• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC FOOTAGE GAME PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
....?? So basically, you compared the time period of those two gameplay trailers and jumped onto conclusion that the newer trailer was 32 seconds faster? Well, that is impressive. Though, I agree with you on one point - Cinematic finishers have been reduced. Or it could be like you-see-them-only-when-you-want-to-see- them?
yeah basically. because alot of people i saw said the video was just as slow as the tgs demo, so i decided to do a comparison, and personally i don't want slow-mo finishers. i think fast paced, stylish finishers/grab moves would be awesome, much like bayonetta's torture attacks :)

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
@Choco
Okay... You got me a little muddled up. Let me get a picture of what you're trying to say.

As I've already said, Cinematic Finishers may have caused a tiny bit delay. So that point is done. Now, you are trying to say that the gameplay as in game mechanics like enemy movement and all is faster than the previous trailer, right? It's not the gameplay of the gamer?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@Choco
Okay... You got me a little muddled up. Let me get a picture of what you're trying to say.

As I've already said, Cinematic Finishers may have caused a tiny bit delay. So that point is done. Now, you are trying to say that the gameplay as in game mechanics like enemy movement and all is faster than the previous trailer, right? It's not the gameplay of the gamer?
well i was mostly talking about the speed of the combat, such as combos seem to be more responsive, and i haven't really paid attention to the speed of the enemies. also yes this player is much better than the one at tgs so maybe that has something to do with it.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
well i was mostly talking about the speed of the combat, such as combos seem to be more responsive, and i haven't really paid attention to the speed of the enemies. also yes this player is much better than the one at tgs so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ahh... Difference of perspective. Tbh, even I didn't pay any attention towards the enemy movements but Dantes' speed looked all the same to me; although a little more fluid than the previous trailer. Also, didn't see any 'more responsiveness' in the combos. But that's just my view.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ahh... Difference of perspective. Tbh, even I didn't pay any attention towards the enemy movements but Dantes' speed looked all the same to me; although a little more fluid than the previous trailer. Also, didn't see any 'more responsiveness' in the combos. But that's just my view.
well we have opinions, but let's just hope the actual control scheme is as responsive as previous devil may cry games :)

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
@choco
Having opinions is one thing but saying things like this,
such as combos seem to be
more responsive

confuses me. I'm genuinely interested to know how you found out that it was 'more responsive'? Are you one of those players that were invited? No pun intended.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@choco
Having opinions is one thing but saying things like this,

confuses me. I'm genuinely interested to know how you found out that it was 'more responsive'? Are you one of those players that were invited? No pun intended.
well no no no that's not what i meant lol, i WISHED i was invited but no. okay so i accidently confused you, basically what i meant by "such as combos seem to be more responsive" is that the gameplay looks faster that's all i meant, sorry to confuse you.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
well no no no that's not what i meant lol, i WISHED i was invited but no. okay so i accidently confused you, basically what i meant by "such as combos seem to be more responsive" is that the gameplay looks faster that's all i meant, sorry to confuse you.

Ah common man... No need to say sorry for such trivial things... :)

Besides, the gameplay does look more responsive...err.. I meant more smooth.. ;)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Up^^
best gameplay trailer yet!!
anyone else notice the air dodge like bayonetta?
yes i did, i've been wondering if that's suppose to happen, or if it was a glitch, because it seemed like dante should've been on the ground to do that, unless like you said wallenb it is an air dodge, which i think would be cool :)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
And that means you wont be safe in the air. Did you notice an enemy step at the beginning too?

Chrysander

Not sure if I nodded off halfway through the trailer, or clicked a different link to everyone else. But this trailer didn't show me anything new, combat and moves look slow and uninteresting when compared to DMC3, and I still don't see much difference between the weapons and their fighting styles. In DMC3 we had such variety between them, but these ones, the attacks are so similar, just different colours. Everything in DmC now seems stuffy and jerky. Still wait for playable demo and gameplay vids of top players, to see if you can actually pull off any sweet combos like before.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I hope so too. But I still refuse to use it but if it capable it should calm down a ton of people

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
now that you've mentioned it, i do see the enemy step...it's VERY subtle though...i hope they have more weapons in it...if they do, then this game is totally at the top of my list...well, that and if they had variations of the DT, one where u slow down like quicksilver and another where you speed up like in the other games

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
now that you've mentioned it, i do see the enemy step...it's VERY subtle though...i hope they have more weapons in it...if they do, then this game is totally at the top of my list...well, that and if they had variations of the DT, one where u slow down like quicksilver and another where you speed up like in the other games
kinda like how viewtiful joe did :)

Top Bottom