• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC FOOTAGE GAME PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
A thing i don't get by DmC. They are supposedly gonna do aerial combat right? Which tells me you will be fighting in the air.

But i haven't seen many aerial attacks, and neither are the monsters air born. The monsters surround the ground where your floating.

And you may say "Cooldemon Dante is in the air - can't you see that?". I will say it's the same thing as in all previous DMC games:

DMC 1
0:57 Devil trigger - attacks from above
2:27 another air attack.

DMC 4

Aerial combat to me is fighting in the air. By that i mean attacks are done in air. Not jump, do a attack, and land. That's not aerial combat. And the monsters must also be able to fight you from above.

If jumping up and doing a attack and landing is aerial combat - then there's tons of that in DMC 4.
Well heres an enemy with wings
37-a42792d58aea0ecd5657c9c996047dba.jpg

and as far as the air combat goes, the amount of moves Dante can do in the air seems pretty much the same as the amount of combos as Dante in dmc4. The difference is, is Dante now has a whip (Nero) which will keep you in the air longer. If you saw the last gameplay trailer you would have seen Dante being able to do an air dodge, and why would Dante need an air dodge? I'm guessing so he'll need to be able to dodge everywhere because enemies will be able to hit him anywhere.

Asmodaius

At the Hagitoko stream video we saw Dante use his Devil Trigger... and that was ALOT of aerial combat right there! But just because NT wants more aerial combat in the game doesn't mean you HAVE to do some aerial combat. It's just a possibility available for you as a player.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^
thats what i liked about the newest gameplay trailer. Dante was fighting on the ground just as much as he was fighting in the air. Its a players choice. I think i read somewhere, where you'll be forced to fight in the air at times, maybe a tutorial to keep flight or something.
Its like learning how to jump cancel, its not very hard to do, its whether or not you want to play the game that way. I personally don't like it. Its to much like a rhythm game after that. I like taunting and attacking every enemy in a different way, and i hardly ever change weapons. to each their own.
and what happened to all the cut scene finishers? i didn't see any in the trailer. all i saw was the final hit dramatized.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Anyone else thinks the purpose of making Dante half-angel was to give him a zillion microscopic angel wings(like in 1st spiderman movie, spidy got hair on his palm to stick on surfaces) so that he could just remain in the air just like that?
Anybody else here has a crazy mind like that :D ?

Asmodaius

Anyone else thinks the purpose of making Dante half-angel was to give him a zillion microscopic angel wings(like in 1st spiderman movie, spidy got hair on his palm to stick on surfaces) so that he could just remain in the air just like that?
Anybody else here has a crazy mind like that :D ?

It's magic! :p

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
At the Hagitoko stream video we saw Dante use his Devil Trigger... and that was ALOT of aerial combat right there! But just because NT wants more aerial combat in the game doesn't mean you HAVE to do some aerial combat. It's just a possibility available for you as a player.
so was the devil trigger improved since tgs? what i mean by that is like it seemed to take longer to kill enemies when you were in devil trigger, and it seems that the devil trigger ended when you hit the ground, is that still the case?

Asmodaius

so was the devil trigger improved since tgs? what i mean by that is like it seemed to take longer to kill enemies when you were in devil trigger, and it seems that the devil trigger ended when you hit the ground, is that still the case?

If I remember correctly...
What happened was that Dante smashes his sword into the ground which made all enemies in the area fly up in the air and then the slowmotion started, Dante's look changed and so on. He is then able to jump up and do some crazy aerial combos, using the grappling whip to pull enemies towards him and the scythe also seemed to be able to pull closer enemies towards him. And it's first when the enemies hit the ground that the DT ends, not when Dante hits the ground. He was able to land and then jump up and do some more aerial combat on other enemies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If I remember correctly...
What happened was that Dante smashes his sword into the ground which made all enemies in the area fly up in the air and then the slowmotion started, Dante's look changed and so on. He is then able to jump up and do some crazy aerial combos, using the grappling whip to pull enemies towards him and the scythe also seemed to be able to pull closer enemies towards him. And it's first when the enemies hit the ground that the DT ends, not when Dante hits the ground. He was able to land and then jump up and do some more aerial combat on other enemies.
hmmm well cool, did it seem like dante was more powerful in his devil trigger mode?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
More powerful than previously shown, or just more powerful than when he's not in DT mode?
Because he did seem somewhat more powerful in DT mode than regularly.
both lol and good, because the dt felt like it wasn't powerful at all, and that's the point of the dt to be powerful and do away with enemies quicker than you could in normal mode. im glad they're working on the dt, even though i don't like the concept as long as they make it effective and fun to use, i won't mind it :)

Asmodaius

both lol and good, because the dt felt like it wasn't powerful at all, and that's the point of the dt to be powerful and do away with enemies quicker than you could in normal mode. im glad they're working on the dt, even though i don't like the concept as long as they make it effective and fun to use, i won't mind it :)

Well, overall, I'm rather disappointed with the DT due to its nature instead of doing like in the previous DMC games. The whole slowmo, aerial combat thing, it's neat in itself, but not as a DT.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well, overall, I'm rather disappointed with the DT due to its nature instead of doing like in the previous DMC games. The whole slowmo, aerial combat thing, it's neat in itself, but not as a DT.
yeah i agree, i hate the concept so far, maybe it will evolve into something as we learn about it, instead of just a quicksilver mode with white haired dante. my main priority is that its fun to use, instead of a hassle.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dt should just buff up all your regular attacks. I can't believe nt would make a mini game out of it

Asmodaius

Dt should just buff up all your regular attacks. I can't believe nt would make a mini game out of it

AND give Dante a cool demonic/angelic look while doing so. ;P
I'm starting to think that this DT will have alot of issues against some of the bosses. Just look at the big worm-like boss in the trailers. How will the DT work on THAT? Surely it won't fly up in the air and just hang there for Dante to kick its butt.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Notice Gameplay is what the "hardcore skeptic" expresses as most important. And notice how Ninja theory is getting credits for gameplay when Capcom has big role in it.
Capcom were only advisers on the game play. Essentially, they tutored Ninja theory in Capcom combat know-how. If I a doctor heals me, I don't go to the medical school to hug the professor that trained him. If I pass a test, I'm the one who gets the grade, not my teacher.
The form based combat system here is different then the multiple styles based system we've seen in previous games, that's not capcom. So, see this for what it is- Ninja theory learned from the advice, applied the knowledge expanded on it with their own ideas to create a unique experience and did this themselves on their computers, with their team.

Asmodaius

"Until just a few minutes ago, I thought that I would never be able to accept the new title in developement for the Devil may cry series, DMC... and I have still yet to falter entirely from my vow, but I fear my faith is not strong enough."

This very line makes me think that some sceptics are like extreme religious people - not open to other impressions and opinions than their own. I'm glad she has become more open-minded now and realized that she judged the game prematurely. Good for her, I say. ^^

Oh, and she's Danish. Cool. ^^

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Capcom were only advisers on the game play. Essentially, they tutored Ninja theory in Capcom combat know-how. If I a doctor heals me, I don't go to the medical school to hug the professor that trained him. If I pass a test, I'm the one who gets the grade, not my teacher.
The form based combat system here is different then the multiple styles based system we've seen in previous games, that's not capcom. So, see this for what it is- Ninja theory learned from the advice, applied the knowledge expanded on it with their own ideas to create a unique experience and did this themselves on their computers, with their team.
It's a collaboration - yet Ninja theory is one who gets the credit for gameplay:
http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/26/dmc-a-true-intense-collaboration-with-capcom/

You talk about Ninja theory's three stance idea as if it's a breakthrough in DMC. Three stance is used in Heavenly sword - how is it then a unique idea?

Ninja theory is getting more credit than they deserv.

Tiran

The great pretender.
It's a collaboration - yet Ninja theory is one who gets the credit for gameplay:
http://www.google.no/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=no&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=DmC collaboration&pbx=1&oq=DmC collaboration&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=731l4295l0l4479l21l16l1l0l0l1l354l3609l0.6.6.3l16l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=b79d22a39965d571&biw=1152&bih=694

You talk about Ninja theory's three stance idea as if it's a breakthrough in DMC. Three stance is used in Heavenly sword - how is it then a unique idea?

Ninja theory is getting more credit than they deserv.

The overall game in comparison to the previous games in the series. The three stance idea in this game was Ninja theory's idea.

Top Bottom