• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC FOOTAGE GAME PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
The overall game in comparison to the previous games in the series. The three stance idea in this game was Ninja theory's idea.
You said Capcom was just advicing Ninja theory - that's not true. It's a collaboration. The gameplay looks this successful because Capcom has worked with Ninja theory on it.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yes, Ninja theory have great credit for DmC gameplay. That's why DmC gameplay looks very like DMC 4:

Everytime i see DMC 4 gameplay i go "WOW".
*WAtches video clip 5 times because it's simply awesome*.

EDIT:

Jaxxy

gameplay aside......what do you guys think of dante's voice? not important, but i sense a hint of tone and pitch (not attitude) that kind of resembles dmc3/4's voice. i know that the voice actors are completely different people. but i'm guessing that capcom and ninja theory kind of wanted to keep his voice a little reuben langdon-ish. also, new dante's facial expression and attitude has that hint of nero in it (not angry kyrie crying nero, but the slightly bored, annoyed, and very rarely impressed nero)
i'm just saying.

Asmodaius

Yes, Ninja theory have great credit for DmC gameplay. That's why DmC gameplay looks very like DMC 4:

Everytime i see DMC 4 gameplay i go "WOW".
*WAtches video clip 5 times because it's simply awesome*.

If DmC gameplay looks alot like DMC4 gameplay, and DMC4 gameplay makes you go "WOW", that must mean DmC's gameplay also makes you go "WOW". So there's actually something you like about DmC, huh? Glad to hear so. ^^

gameplay aside......what do you guys think of dante's voice? not important, but i sense a hint of tone and pitch (not attitude) that kind of resembles dmc3/4's voice. i know that the voice actors are completely different people. but i'm guessing that capcom and ninja theory kind of wanted to keep his voice a little reuben langdon-ish. also, new dante's facial expression and attitude has that hint of nero in it (not angry kyrie crying nero, but the slightly bored, annoyed, and very rarely impressed nero)
i'm just saying.

I like his voice. Rather fitting and a nice replacement for the voice of the original Dante. As you said, it resembles DMC3 Dante's voice. But I don't think he sounds British... Doesn't he sound American? I think he does...

Tiran

The great pretender.
You said Capcom was just advicing Ninja theory - that's not true. It's a collaboration. The gameplay looks this successful because Capcom has worked with Ninja theory on it.
It was a collaboration in the sense that Ninja learned how to do this from the best- their mentor- yes. Apparently, they have been good pupils.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
If DmC gameplay looks alot like DMC4 gameplay, and DMC4 gameplay makes you go "WOW", that must mean DmC's gameplay also makes you go "WOW". So there's actually something you like about DmC, huh? Glad to hear so. ^^
Capcom has proven with DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4 that they simply deadly when it comes to gameplay. So i like the DmC gameplay - but that's Capcom's not Ninja theory's work.

It was a collaboration in the sense that Ninja learned how to do this from the best- their mentor- yes. Apparently, they have been good pupils.

“Having said that, [Ninja Theory is] amazing at story and mood and atmosphere, and we’ve given them full latitude to make the game they wanna make in that sphere

Speaking both for himself and for series producer Motohide Eshiro, Capcom Japan’s David Chrissop said that DmC is “not a collaboration in name only”.
“We really are working together, injecting as much Capcom know-how as we can,” he told Capcom Unity .
“It’s a fairly intense collaboration, particularly when you get down to the combat,” Alex Jones from Capcom US, the game’s co-producer, chimed in.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Capcom has proven with DMC 1, 2, 3 and 4 that they simply deadly when it comes to gameplay. So i like the DmC gameplay - but that's Capcom's not Ninja theory's work.

“Having said that, [Ninja Theory is] amazing at story and mood and atmosphere, and we’ve given them full latitude to make the game they wanna make in that sphere
glad you like the gameplay :)

Asmodaius

Well, Ninja Theory have SOME influence on the gameplay... as you said, it's a collaboration between NT and Capcom. But I am rather glad Capcom steered the gameplay in the right direction to fit the former games, because as you say, Capcom did some great jobs on the original series. There are a few things here and there I dislike about the gameplay in the original series, such as Nero's gameplay being rather boring, and the many Styles in DMC3 was rather confusing and unnecessary, in my opinion, but that doesn't change that in general, DMC's gameplay have been amazing. It's what kept me enjoying the series after all.

And I also agree on the last part about Ninja Theory's abilities in storytelling and settings. The stages we've seen in DmC are a bit too colourful, in my opinion, but other than that, it looks really nice. Not that I don't like colours, I just don't think it fits with the theme. That was one thing DMC1-3 did right, the dark gothic setting really fit the series. However, in games like Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, the grand colourful and bright settings in those games were absolutely gorgous!

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well, Ninja Theory have SOME influence on the gameplay... as you said, it's a collaboration between NT and Capcom. But I am rather glad Capcom steered the gameplay in the right direction to fit the former games, because as you say, Capcom did some great jobs on the original series. There are a few things here and there I dislike about the gameplay in the original series, such as Nero's gameplay being rather boring, and the many Styles in DMC3 was rather confusing and unnecessary, in my opinion, but that doesn't change that in general, DMC's gameplay have been amazing. It's what kept me enjoying the series after all.

And I also agree on the last part about Ninja Theory's abilities in storytelling and settings. The stages we've seen in DmC are a bit too colourful, in my opinion, but other than that, it looks really nice. Not that I don't like colours, I just don't think it fits with the theme. That was one thing DMC1-3 did right, the dark gothic setting really fit the series. However, in games like Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, the grand colourful and bright settings in those games were absolutely gorgous!
Of course Ninja theory has influence since it's a collaboration. But Capcom knows DMC gameplay. I really go Wow when i see DMC 4 gameplay and attacks. However, as you said there are things in DMC 4 that can be take away for the better.

For example, Stinger, Million stab, Drive ( DMC 4 attack i go WOW to), and so on are OBVIOUS attacks that must be kept. But Capcom should try look at things that's not necessary. Another example of a IMPORTANT action that shouldn't be removed is the roll option that we see in DmC.
Nero is really a waste to me - not as character but the whole point of having him in the game. His background wasn't explained - the love story was mediocre, etc.
Even though i really liked Kyrie when she said "There is noone as human as you" to Nero, and much more.

As for the Ninja theory i really like the carnival stage/place. Did you notice the fox? It makes me think it's a reference to Crash Bandicot? The fox looks very scary, and that's nice.
Ninja theory's main job is story in the project. So that's what will be most important to judge their success on DmC on.
I say this because i have played Heavenly sword demo. I used the three stances Nariko had. One of them was a multi attack, and it hit surrounding enemies. And i thought "Hey it's supposed to keep enemies at bay so i can switch style and attack one of them". But it didn't help - enemies passed through the multi attack stance weapon.

Again i will judge Ninja theory on story. That's their purpose in DmC.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
not meaning to break up anyone's conversation, but i noticed a little something :3 so with a little bit of math i made a comparison.
i was comparing the tgs demo with the new gameplay trailer and i noticed that:
*during the tgs demo the video is about 4 minutes long, and at the beginning it goes straight into cutscene and gameplay. the new gameplay trailer is about 3 minutes, and takes about 17 seconds to get into cutscene and gameplay.
*in the new gameplay trailer there is about 7 seconds more of extra cutscene footage.
*in the the tgs demo there are about 4 slow-mo finishers that take about 2 seconds each.
so the point of this is: actual gameplay wise the new trailer is 32 seconds faster compared to the tgs demo, thank you for your time! ^.^

edit: not to mention they will probably continue to improve gameplay where its even faster, but that's just an assumption. :)

Jaxxy

not meaning to break up anyone's conversation, but i noticed a little something :3 so with a little bit of math i made a comparison.
*during the tgs demo the video is about 4 minutes long, and at the beginning it goes straight into cutscene and gameplay. the new gameplay trailer is about 3 minutes, and takes about 17 seconds to get into cutscene and gameplay.
*in the new gameplay trailer there is about 7 seconds more of extra cutscene footage.
*in the the tgs demo there are about 4 slow-mo finishers that take about 2 seconds each.
so the point of this is: actual gameplay wise the new trailer is 32 seconds faster compared to the tgs demo, thank you for your time! ^.^

edit: not to mention they will probably continue to improve gameplay where its even faster, but that's just an assumption. :)

no doubt they will

Pale Rider

Wickedly good

....?? So basically, you compared the time period of those two gameplay trailers and jumped onto conclusion that the newer trailer was 32 seconds faster? Well, that is impressive. Though, I agree with you on one point - Cinematic finishers have been reduced. Or it could be like you-see-them-only-when-you-want-to-see- them?

Top Bottom