• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new artical eurogamer

Domenic93

as heavy weapons guy would say "new style/difficulty system is made for little baby men" I've never heard of such a stupid thing to hold your hand it will just hold the hand of the incompetent the whole way through.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
as heavy weapons guy would say "new style/difficulty system is made for little baby men" I've never heard of such a stupid thing to hold your hand it will just hold the hand of the incompetent the whole way through.
could you elaborate on how it is stupid?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@domenic93 - well see you just pointed out the flaw in your theory. if the AI on the enemies is basically non-existent that means that the player will rack up combos (do better) and as the player does better that player's rank will go up increasing the difficulty.
so no matter what, the difficulty will rise, even if a casual gamer is playing. so that just shoots down the HOLD THE PLAYER'S HAND theory.

Domenic93

@domenic93 - well see you just pointed out the flaw in your theory. if the AI on the enemies is basically non-existent that means that the player will rack up combos (do better) and as the player does better that player's rank will go up increasing the difficulty.
so no matter what, the difficulty will rise, even if a casual gamer is playing. so that just shoots down the HOLD THE PLAYER'S HAND theory.
but it will also lower if you get hit

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Domenic93 is kinda right. I played Prototype 2 on "Normal", and what it actually was in reality is "EASY".

Easy was = very easy
Normal = easy
Hard = Normal
Insane = Hard

The idea of AI increasing the higher rank sounds interesting though.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
In a way, Domenic is correct in assuming the worst; That a bad or simply inexperienced player will essentially be able to breeze through the game by remaining only in the 'D', 'C' or perhaps 'B' levels of style ranking, meaning that the enemies will be easier than if You were fighting a crowd at an 'A' or above style ranking.

But We are forgetting the base difficulties that We can choose from on a new play through. I don't think Dante Must Die difficulty enemies are going to be a breeze at all, even at 'D' style ranking. In fact, if You think about it, this new system has the potential to be both the easiest and hardest DmC at the same time. As by playing on Easy difficulty and slightly 'abusing' the easier-AI enemies by sticking at a low style ranking, one could destroy the game. But by choosing the hardest difficulty (assuming it's going to be the traditional Dante Must Die) and playing to the best of your abilities, one could present themselves with a hair-ripping challenge.

I'm interested.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Domenic93 is kinda right. I played Prototype 2 on "Normal", and what it actually was in reality is "EASY".

Easy was = very easy
Normal = easy
Hard = Normal
Insane = Hard

The idea of AI increasing the higher rank sounds interesting though.
Yea Prototype 2 isn't very hard at all, especially on the insane difficulty. But games like DMC and Prototype aren't about how fast you can blow through tons of enemies, its about how bad ass you look while destroying your enemies. At least to me it is.

I think Prototype 2 is a very good game, especially if you want to destroy everything, and i mean EVERYTHING!!

And i hope.. I pray! that DmC will be just as fun.

Let the demon slaying begin:devil:

McdD

Yea Prototype 2 isn't very hard at all, especially on the insane difficulty. But games like DMC and Prototype aren't about how fast you can blow through tons of enemies, its about how bad ass you look while destroying your enemies. At least to me it is.

I think Prototype 2 is a very good game, especially if you want to destroy everything, and i mean EVERYTHING!!

And i hope.. I pray! that DmC will be just as fun.

Let the demon slaying begin:devil:
Prototype 2 isn´t a very good game. It´s a good game but not very.

After finishing it on normal and insane i don´t have any urge to go and play it anymore.

The experience felt very much like Infamous.

But yes if you want to destroy things then Infamous and Prototype is the blast.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Prototype 2 isn´t a very good game. It´s a good game but not very.

After finishing it on normal and insane i don´t have any urge to go and play it anymore.

The experience felt very much like Infamous.

But yes if you want to destroy things then Infamous and Prototype is the blast.

mother ****er!!! infamous was awesome!! i know the gameplay was a little shabby..and the fighting wasnt brilliant and the karma system was bs by infamous 2. but i could be a super hero. and the protagonist ISNT a moron. i mean in prototype 2 the man was a ****ing moron. at one point he didnt know how to use a computer. i mean come on!

im just messing, i loved infamous but i see its flaws so no problems with me. buuut in infamous you always had to treat youre enemies with respect. even if you had all the powers unlocked to full strength you couldnt just pointlessly rush them. otherwise theyd tear you in two. this i think also applies to DmC as theyve said that most enemies will require a certain level of skill. so some will be pretty easy to SSS while others will force a player to change technique and actually think. eg sheild holding enemies etc. so i think regardless of dificulty you wont be able to fly through with only a D rank as if you just carelessly try and spam through you wont make it through the level at all.

McdD

mother ******!!! infamous was awesome!! i know the gameplay was a little shabby..and the fighting wasnt brilliant and the karma system was bs by infamous 2. but i could be a super hero. and the protagonist ISNT a moron. i mean in prototype 2 the man was a ******* moron. at one point he didnt know how to use a computer. i mean come on!

im just messing, i loved infamous but i see its flaws so no problems with me. buuut in infamous you always had to treat youre enemies with respect. even if you had all the powers unlocked to full strength you couldnt just pointlessly rush them. otherwise theyd tear you in two. this i think also applies to DmC as theyve said that most enemies will require a certain level of skill. so some will be pretty easy to SSS while others will force a player to change technique and actually think. eg sheild holding enemies etc. so i think regardless of dificulty you wont be able to fly through with only a D rank as if you just carelessly try and spam through you wont make it through the level at all.
If i could i would go back and replay Infamous. But Sony "free game" after hacked by Anonyomous was just a temporary license to play the game.
I definetly liked Infamous gameplay, i just felt the same with Prototype that it didn´t have much replay value.

And i finished Prototype 2 again on Insane mode for challenge :p

DmC kinda reminds me off Demon Souls gameplay mechanic.
Press Triangle you wield a sword with both hands, press it again and you wield it with a shield and my point is that when you wielded with both hands (2h) you could break guard off a enemy (demon knight with heavily shield up).

You change to Arbiter and whack the shield guys, change back to Scythe and hit em up.

788Masri

If i could i would go back and replay Infamous. But Sony "free game" after hacked by Anonyomous was just a temporary license to play the game.
I definetly liked Infamous gameplay, i just felt the same with Prototype that it didn´t have much replay value.

And i finished Prototype 2 again on Insane mode for challenge :p

DmC kinda reminds me off Demon Souls gameplay mechanic.
Press Triangle you wield a sword with both hands, press it again and you wield it with a shield and my point is that when you wielded with both hands (2h) you could break guard off a enemy (demon knight with heavily shield up).

You change to Arbiter and whack the shield guys, change back to Scythe and hit em up.

aaah but that tactic would be ineffective if there where more than one sheild bearer. and from what i saw it seems the AI of these demons makes them bundle up. also we dont know if there are stronger ones with sheilds thatd be too strong. and thus make you need a different tactic.

McdD

aaah but that tactic would be ineffective if there where more than one sheild bearer. and from what i saw it seems the AI of these demons makes them bundle up. also we dont know if there are stronger ones with sheilds thatd be too strong. and thus make you need a different tactic.
Arbiter or new weapon will have a attack that hits ground, and that leads to the shield guys guard being broken, then you can fast change to scythe and do a circle swing with it and hit couple of them.

If there exists a demon with heavy guard: just dash behind it and helm breaker it.

788Masri

Arbiter or new weapon will have a attack that hits ground, and that leads to the shield guys guard being broken, then you can fast change to scythe and do a circle swing with it and hit couple of them.

If there exists a demon with heavy guard: just dash behind it and helm breaker it.

aaah you see thats my point. im thinking DmC will have mechanics like that which will render button mashing noobs incapable of whizing through a level on a D rank for the entire game. Tameen said that it was designed hard and scaled back. so im hoping that regardless of difficulty its forces gamers to improve or forever be stuck

McdD

aaah you see thats my point. im thinking DmC will have mechanics like that which will render button mashing noobs incapable of whizing through a level on a D rank for the entire game. Tameen said that it was designed hard and scaled back. so im hoping that regardless of difficulty its forces gamers to improve or forever be stuck
Well that is to be expected of a game part of DMC franchise. And i don´t believe there is many button mashers among DMC fans.

Top Bottom