• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new artical eurogamer

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Sounds like you know how many button mashers there is? Share with us your statistic or knowledge?
I think its pretty obvious that everyone is different, thus, playing a video game at their own leisure.
I do get what you are saying, that people who followed DMC from part 1 till now probably don't mash buttons anymore.
And if you want an example, look at all the playthroughs from captive and E3. Lots of button mashing going on.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I think its pretty obvious that everyone is different, thus, playing a video game at their own leisure.
I do get what you are saying, that people who followed DMC from part 1 till now probably don't mash buttons anymore.
And if you want an example, look at all the playthroughs from captive and E3. Lots of button mashing going on.
No, i do know people are different. But there is automatic mode in dmc4, and if people do not want to learn and master dmc gameplay then why play the game? For the story = youtube. And if you don´t like dmc for its gameplay, then why buy the game and mash buttons?

People who played DmC at E3 do not qualify as DMC fans.
But...watching a playthrough video of a gamer at a DMC event will qualify. Or even a video from a member from this site.

This brings me back to what i told you: i don´t believe there is many button mashers among DMC fans.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well, He does announce himself as ignorant and close minded, so at least You were warned.
missed that part.:ermm:

Care to elaborate on what i have written that you find stupid?
ok, i'll try

No, i do know people are different. But there is automatic mode in dmc4, and if people do not want to learn and master dmc gameplay then why play the game?

Great question. Some people just like to play the game. Like me, i refuse to master the ability to JC, i know how to, i just don';t have any desire to do it, much like a lot of people on this forum. And yea, i still play it without the want to master the game. Its a really fun game, well fun series, if you haven't noticed.

For story=Youtube.

DUMB. I prefer my gaming experience to be a complete experience. I don't skip cut scenes and then run to the computer to watch them. How goofy is that?

And if you don´t like dmc for its gameplay, then why buy the game and mash buttons?

I really couldn't tell you why someone would buy a game because they didn't like the gameplay. Doesn't make any sense unless its their a first time buy and they have no clue what the gameplay is about.

People who played DmC at E3 do not qualify as DMC fans.

What? why? because they aren't members of a fansite like you and i? Or they don';t have a truestyle youtube video? As long as they got to try the game fan or not, if they left the booth happy with what they played i would say they were on their way to becoming a fan. Not to mention people who attended e3 and wanted to play DmC would probably be the people who played the game too.

But...watching a playthrough video of a gamer at a DMC event will qualify.

I like how you alienate fans of gaming.

Or even a video from a member from this site.

So you're saying if Tameem was commentating on a playthrough that he was playing, because he has knowledge of the game, that he would be considered more of a fan than someone who is a fan of DmC and played it for the first time, and because he was button mashing, he is not a fan any more, or until he learns not to button mash? did i get that right?

This brings me back to what i told you: i don´t believe there is many button mashers among DMC fans.

Maybe. But i just lent my copy of the HD collection to my cousin and he button mashes all the time. Sure with time and experience, any game will become more second nature to anyone, even dmc fans can learn this, and it works just the opposite way. To be honest with you, you are probably right, because the only people who play dmc anymore would be dmc fans. Its not the most popular game in the world so it wouldn't just get new fans at random like shooter games would. But! when DmC comes out, there will be plenty of button mashes and youtube videos that you can watch from new fans and old ones.

Top Bottom