• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
As I said before in a response to your comment that DMC4's story doesn't make sense, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

It's just the Nero thing that's bothering everyone.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
For my conclusions on Nero's origins, I refer to my post with the yellow-marked text.

I'm not sure about Nero being a quarter demon. Sure, he's weaker than Dante, but if he's the son of a relative of Sparda's, Nero being weaker than Dante could certainly be the outcome.
Besides, in the concept art, Nero actually has a full DT body, like Dante. I refuse to believe that that particular concept art was made 'for the fun of it', not to be implemented in the game.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping, and if you have any questions, please do ask them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero himself wasnt the problem, just the way they created him and told his story.

He was a character who was thrown to the wolves as capcom did not make him stand out from dante and vergil and didnt explain his connection to them in a satisfying way.

Plus, I'm not even sure people wanted him in the first place. People who loving dante and vergil after 3 so the best thing would have to set stories in that period with those characters. You could have done a prequel wit, explaining what happened when he and dante met up a year before DMC3.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Concerning the concept art, I wouldn't take it as proof that it means anything. In the concept art we even see a Dante with a winter coat, and many other stuff that weren't realized. So I personally believe that the normal-Nero-DT picture just says that at some point they were going to give him an old times classic DT instead of what they did but for one reason or another changed their minds.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Concerning the concept art, I wouldn't take it as proof that it means anything. In the concept art we even see a Dante with a winter coat, and many other stuff that weren't realized. So I personally believe that the normal-Nero-DT picture just says that at some point they were going to give him an old times classic DT instead of what they did but for one reason or another changed their minds.

Yes, but that's exactly my point. They were considering giving Nero a full DT body, but then changed their minds. For that reason, I think the 'full DT Nero' is an important picture with regard to the amount of Nero's demonianism (half-demon or quarter demon).

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well cant think of the origins but the idea of making a half demonic/magic arm might have come from prince of persia the two thrones

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nobody knows Nero's origins. The only thing we know is that he is of the blood line of Sparda somehow.

Yes, that's why we're trying to deduce what his origins may be, by use of logical reasoning.
So far, I'd say we've made good progress eliminating some ideas, like Nero being Sparda's son. That notion would seem to be impossible.

DeamonslayeR

Yes, that's why we're trying to deduce what his origins may be, by use of logical reasoning.
So far, I'd say we've made good progress eliminating some ideas, like Nero being Sparda's son. That notion would seem to be impossible.
well what about the jap novel or comic that said nero was the son of vergil and a prostitute

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
well what about the jap novel or comic that said nero was the son of vergil and a prostitute

I've already pretty much disproved that idea. Besides, I don't consider the DMC4 novel to have the same story as the game.

This is how I disproved it:
Vergil would be 29 in DMC4 like Dante, while Nero is 17. That would mean Vergil conceived Nero when he was 12. I also don't think Vergil would have 'sexy time' with a prostitute :p or any other human, for that matter, since he hates humans.

DeamonslayeR

I've already pretty much disproved that idea. Besides, I don't consider the DMC4 novel to have the same story as the game.

This is how I disproved it:
Vergil would be 29 in DMC4 like Dante, while Nero is 17. That would mean Vergil conceived Nero when he was 12. I also don't think Vergil would have 'sexy time' with a prostitute :p or any other human, for that matter, since he hates humans.
how about a possibility of having sex with another half demon and half human being.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
how about a possibility of having sex with another half demon and half human being.

I don't know of any other half-demons strolling around on earth... unless Vergil had sex with Trish :p. Trish is a full demon, as far as I know, though.

Heck, I don't even know if demons can procreate... I think demons are usually created by somebody (Mundus or God).

Besides, since Vergil would be 29 in DMC4, it just isn't possible.

DeamonslayeR

I don't know of any other half-demons strolling around on earth... unless Vergil had sex with Trish :p. Trish is a full demon, as far as I know, though.
i think trish would know her son.no i mean its not like dante can be the oonly half breed in the entire dmc earth

aha he came from an acorn my final answer
srry bro gotta rule that one out to but i wish he came from a nut :D

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i think trish would know her son.no i mean its not like dante can be the oonly half breed in the entire dmc earth

All we know right now is that Dante and Vergil are the only half-demons, and that Sparda might be the only demon who had a relationship with a human.

Anyway, I stated my conclusions about Nero's origins a while back, in the post with some yellow-marked sentences.

Top Bottom