• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Come now, there's no saying Vergil died. Well, there's no saying he didn't, but still :p

If anyone needs help understanding the time-line of the stories, I'll tell you what I know to try and help. The Series in order goes like this; Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 4 and then Devil May Cry 2.

All I know is that in Devil May Cry 3, Dante is around 18/19. In Devil May Cry 4, Dante is meant to be 28/29. So that would make him ten years older than he was in Devil May Cry 3. If we say that Dante was 23/24 in Devil May Cry 1, we're left with the mystery of how old he was in Devil May Cry 2. Which I'm just going to assume he was between his 30-40's.

We know that Dante was 18/19 in Devil May Cry 3, we can tell from his appearance. Also I believe it was confirmed to us anyway. Capcom also confirmed that Dante was 28/29 in Devil May Cry 4 (Which one they obviously hadn't made their mind up to). So as I stated before, considering these time-lines, Dante/Vergil would of been about ten years old when they had sex to conceive Nero, which is illogical.

I actually thought he was 29 in 1 and was 39 in 4. this is news to me.
can you show me where capcom confirmed it because if they did, they screwed themselves up.

on a unrelated note, would you guys want to see nero in the reboot without connection to dante?.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
It would be interesting to see Nero there though what his purpose would be there..probably a police man or someone with no story again <_<.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I actually thought he was 29 in 1 and was 39 in 4. this is news to me.
can you show me where capcom confirmed it because if they did, they screwed themselves up.

on a unrelated note, would you guys want to see nero in the reboot without connection to dante?.

Well I took a look around the Internet, got to see what everyone else has said, and I can confirm that there is a bit of confusion.

When I stated earlier that Dante and Vergil were about 18/19 in Devil May Cry 3, that much is true. He appears young, and it states he's a teenager. So he must be in his late teens, fitting into 18/19. So we've established that.

The main area of confusion is this. In Devil May Cry 1, Trish says that Dante lost a mother and a brother to evil 20 years ago. The twins were eight years old when they lost their mother. If it was twenty years ago, that would make Dante 28 in Devil May Cry 1. But Capcom told us that 'Dante is 28/29' in Devil May Cry 4. Devil May Cry 1 is set before Devil May Cry 4. So we're meant to believe that Dante went to Mallet Island and defeated Mundus and then went and found Nero all in the same year? Come on, no gap or anything? Ridiculous.

This is why I assumed earlier that Dante would be 23/24 in Devil May Cry 1, because I thought that there would be a gap. Now it doesn't seem so.

So here is what I know now of the time-line.

Devil May Cry 3 - 18/19.
Devil May Cry 1 - 28.
Devil May Cry 4 - 28/29 (So we'll say 29 to make a time gap)
Devil May Cry 2 - 30's to 40's, potentially older.

It's pretty messed up.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well I took a look around the Internet, got to see what everyone else has said, and I can confirm that there is a bit of confusion.

When I stated earlier that Dante and Vergil were about 18/19 in Devil May Cry 3, that much is true. He appears young, and it states he's a teenager. So he must be in his late teens, fitting into 18/19. So we've established that.

The main area of confusion is this. In Devil May Cry 1, Trish says that Dante lost a mother and a brother to evil 20 years ago. The twins were eight years old when they lost their mother. If it was twenty years ago, that would make Dante 28 in Devil May Cry 1. But Capcom told us that 'Dante is 28/29' in Devil May Cry 4. Devil May Cry 1 is set before Devil May Cry 4. So we're meant to believe that Dante went to Mallet Island and defeated Mundus and then went and found Nero all in the same year? Come on, no gap or anything? Ridiculous.

This is why I assumed earlier that Dante would be 23/24 in Devil May Cry 1, because I thought that there would be a gap. Now it doesn't seem so.

Devil May Cry 3 - 18/19.
Devil May Cry 1 - 28.

It's pretty messed up.
i think this is probably pretty acurate, im so glad i now have an idea of how old dante was during the games

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
I dunno... I didn't like DMC3's gameplay all that much. The new DmC's gameplay seems rather interesting though.
Judging by you're current avatar, I think it's safe to say you prefer DMC2's gameplay, especialy that dagger woman named Lucia. For DmC gameplay, I plan to see a walk/playtrough, but I will not buy it since it has nothing to do with the original story and because of Tameen's attitude.

Asmodaius

Judging by you're current avatar, I think it's safe to say you prefer DMC2's gameplay, especialy that dagger woman named Lucia. For DmC gameplay, I plan to see a walk/playtrough, but I will not buy it since it has nothing to do with the original story and because of Tameen's attitude.

What I liked about DMC2's gameplay is that it was so simple and easy to use. Perhaps maybe too simple. They could advance on it, but I generally find it one of the better DMC games gameplay-wise. And yes, I love Lucia's Secretary outfit. ^^

As for this game, I want the game for what it is. I don't care what others say or if the creators are assholes or whatever... If I think the game looks fun, then I will get it.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
What I liked about DMC2's gameplay is that it was so simple and easy to use. Perhaps maybe too simple. They could advance on it, but I generally find it one of the better DMC games gameplay-wise. And yes, I love Lucia's Secretary outfit. ^^

As for this game, I want the game for what it is. I don't care what others say or if the creators are assholes or whatever... If I think the game looks fun, then I will get it.
Fair enough. I don't plan to change you're mind, since it would end in an endless argument.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Devil May Cry 3 - 18/19.
Devil May Cry 1 - 28.

It's pretty messed up.

Thanks. Im guessing Dante could be older in 4 like 32-33 since i think more time has passed between the two games than a couple of months.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Don't shoot me but i think that neither Dante, Vergil, nor Sparda are Nero's father.
I personally believe that maybe Sparda had another son besides Dante and Vergil and this son had Nero as a son.
I have no proof and i don't want to argue but i think it is something we should think about.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
You know how Fedex or UPS occasionally screws up and leaves a random package intended for someone else on your doorstep? I think that happened with Nero.

-Dante and Vergil's House-
*UPS Ding dong ditch. Vergil opens the door.*
"Hey Dante, we got a package for someone else again."
*Dante comes to look at the box.*
"Ummm... Ok. Let's check it out."
"But it's not ours..." Vergil says as Dante hefts the box inside.
"What's the worse that's gonna happen?"
*Out jumps Nero.*

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
Another thing about the whole time skipping and all that is the animated series. That takes place after DMC 1 and DMC4.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol, so let me get this straight then, the anime takes place after Devil May Cry 1 and before Devil May Cry 4? So the time-line is like this.

Devil May Cry 3 - 18/19.
Devil May Cry 1 - 28.
Devil May Cry: Anime - 28/29.
Devil May Cry 4 - 29.

Man, Dante had a lot of work going on for him when he was 28 and 29. What was he doing all those years before? Eating pizzas and strawberry sundaes? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom