• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante89

Lets Rock!
I find that he is not Virgil's son because Virgil never associated with a girl as far as we know. We know that he basically was a loner. But i do believe that Nero is Dante's son. Look at the facts. Nero looks and kinda acts like Dante. Same hair. Same fighting style. And Dante had something with Trish. What is your opinion?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Re: Nero. Is he really Virgil's son?

My theory can be summed up like this.

Nero = Sparda reincarnated.

End of story.

EDIT: Sorry for being so blunt. I just REALLY hate all the theories and crap that make no sense when one that makes sense is staring the person in the face.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;256228 said:
My theory can be summed up like this.

Nero = Sparda reincarnated.

End of story.

EDIT: Sorry for being so blunt. I just REALLY hate all the theories and crap that make no sense when one that makes sense is staring the person in the face.

And yet I disagree with both of you :p

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

i would say distant descendant of Sparda ( that seems like the best explanation). but the idiots at Capcom will probably say that Nero is somehow Vergil's son without explaining how that is supposed to work.

@ dreadnoughtDT: to reasonably say Nero is Sparda reincarnated we would need to know what Sparda was like. we know what he did but we don't know what he was like. we have some hints but not enough to say Nero is more than a little similar to Sparda. we can't even be 100% sure Sparda is even dead. ( he probably is but we don't have proof.)

V

Oldschool DMC fan

Dante89;256227 said:
I find that he is not Virgil's son because Virgil never associated with a girl as far as we know. We know that he basically was a loner. But i do believe that Nero is Dante's son. Look at the facts. Nero looks and kinda acts like Dante. Same hair. Same fighting style. And Dante had something with Trish. What is your opinion?

Dante 'had something' with Trish? Where? Wha? Huh? Rofflewaffles. I'm not aware of anything anywhere rearding DMC that insinuates Dante and Trish actually got it on. Is there...? Also, I expect Dante and Trish would probably act better father and mother than to just ditch their offspring on someone else, wouldn't you? Dante acts more like an uncle or an older brother to Nero, if you ask me.

And even loners can have 'encounters'.

Alright, I'm not too hot on the whole 'Vergil's son' thing, but corrupted Vergil was obviously mooching around in between the events of DMC3 and 4, doing... something.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Aren't there enough threads about this?
We can debate this whole thing until the cows come home. But until capcom themselves confirm it in a game... its just a topic that is gonna get on my nerves.

Its a bit like Vergil laughing. Its wrong and shouldn't happen.

V

Oldschool DMC fan

CAPCOM are being this ambiguous very much on purpose, methinks...

This is exactly what they want. So we will buy the next game.

Dante89

Lets Rock!

We all could be wrong. As far as we know it could be just a couincidence that Nero happens to look like Dante and Virgil. And he just happens to be half demon. We really dont know what happened. We all believe one thing but do we really know. Okay so like we know what happened with Dante and Virgil we kno their story. What about Trish? And Lady? Does anybody know what their deal is?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Trish was a demon created by Mundus to lure Dante to Mallet Island but grew a sense of will after Dante saved her and decided to hunt demons with him, even though she's a full demon herself.

Lady was Arkham's daughter and was a full blooded human. She wanted to kill Arkham because he killed her mother to become a demon. After she killed him, she stayed with Dante as a devil hunter and is always hounding him for cash.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Trish was created by Mundus in the image of Dante and Vergil's mother.

Lady was the daughter of Arkham and a woman called Kalina-Ann.
Arkham sacrificed his wife (Lady's mom).
Lady hated him and finished him off near the end of DMC3...

Dante owes Lady money, that is why she is still around.
And Trish is Dante's partner. (Devil hunting partner... think what you will).
Thats all i know

Ninja'd by DT

Dante89

Lets Rock!

In DMC5 I hope we are able to play as all characters. Dante, Virgil, Nero, Trish, Lady and o think there may be a new character not sure.

LooksLikeTrish

And hating it.
I really don't know. The DMC4 novel really screwed up my thought process on the whole thing. It sucks. And, for the life of me, I can't find the site that I found the novel in again. :(

aoshi

Seems like it. As dante inherits sparda sword, Nero inherits yamatoa and its powers. I really hope it is not true.>_<.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ Why?

It doesn't much matter if he is his son or not, it's not going to affect the story because "Vergil" is dead. Unless y'all are riled about what's even sillier than Nero being Vergil's son - the prospect of Vergil being resurrected (from DMC4 onward in the series' chronology). I mean, Vergil chooses his path, becomes an evil minion, and dies by Dante's hand, The End. While Nero could be the son of (corrupted) Vergil, 'bringing Vergil back' as he was in 3 could be some icky retcon mess, and bringing him back as some other form of himself might be okay, but it wouldn't be 'him' any more than Nelo Angelo is anything like DMC3 Vergil.

Is it because the idea compromises Vergil's character from DMC3? How? I mean, Sparda was apparently this badass with a outwardly cold persona, and he still managed to have kids. It's not an impossibility.

But even so, it just doesn't seem that important to get really bothered about. Now if they brought him back with a totally lame excuse to, I'd be bugged about that. But I empathise with fans who're annoyed at the randomness of Nero's introduction to the series and the 'hints' about him being Vergil's kid. That's annoying, because it's playing with our sense of recognition of the characters. But the idea of Vergil having a kid per se - I'm alright with that

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

No.
He most certainly is not!
I'm leaning strongly toward the possibility that Nero might be Sparda's youngest son. To say he shares a lot of similarities with Sparda is like saying Dante and Vergil look alike. I mean, duh, really people! Vergil was the groomed and proud brother and strived to be like his father. Dante didn't so much, although he only takes on jobs -for free- that are somehow related to the Underworld and his father, but he's more like Sparda than Vergil ever could be, because he embraced his humanity. And they both are excellent swordsman because Sparda taught them, it's like their family pride. Ugh...point is, there's a little bit of Sparda in each of them. Vergil's fearlessness to do what he thinks is right, come high water or Dante. And Dante keeping a low profile yet making a name for himself in the human world. And Nero falling in love with a mortal and kicking booty to save her pretty little behind. It's all Sparda traits, but nobody can say Nero IS Sparda reincarnated.
If anything, my perception of Sparda has started to somehow merge with Dante. Not in character but in fights, his reactions in situations, his motivation and drive. I've wondered a couple of times whether Dante actually was Sparda - but that'd make no sense so theory dismissed.

Anyway. It's still early so I'm probably not making sense.

Nero is not Vergil's son.

aoshi

Lexy;259443 said:
^ Why?

It doesn't much matter if he is his son or not, it's not going to affect the story because "Vergil" is dead. Unless y'all are riled about what's even sillier than Nero being Vergil's son - the prospect of Vergil being resurrected (from DMC4 onward in the series' chronology). I mean, Vergil chooses his path, becomes an evil minion, and dies by Dante's hand, The End. While Nero could be the son of (corrupted) Vergil, 'bringing Vergil back' as he was in 3 could be some icky retcon mess, and bringing him back as some other form of himself might be okay, but it wouldn't be 'him' any more than Nelo Angelo is anything like DMC3 Vergil.

Is it because the idea compromises Vergil's character from DMC3? How? I mean, Sparda was apparently this badass with a outwardly cold persona, and he still managed to have kids. It's not an impossibility.

But even so, it just doesn't seem that important to get really bothered about. Now if they brought him back with a totally lame excuse to, I'd be bugged about that. But I empathise with fans who're annoyed at the randomness of Nero's introduction to the series and the 'hints' about him being Vergil's kid. That's annoying, because it's playing with our sense of recognition of the characters. But the idea of Vergil having a kid per se - I'm alright with that

I believe the novel has hinted nero as vergil's son.I think it is not vergil's character to make babies or family as we have seen him in DMC 3. He stabbed arkham for not getting rid of lady. He despises humans. Why would he have a human child?

I would rather prefer him as a devil trigger entrusted in yamatoa than father of nero.

@Chloe : Some traits of nero hint as re-incarnation of sparda. His love for kyrie and despising demons are some. I think adding more info to sparda's family is not fair as it does not justify dante and vergil inheriting his powers and then have one more who recieves it without a fight.I guess sparda's legion should end with dante and vergil.I also did not fight sparda as an interesting character as he is rather a ghost in the series.Also nero is clarified as human but sparda and his sons had demon inherits.

King of Hell

Must Die
Nero "inherited" Sparda's power, that's the only confirmation we have. so they are definitely related somehow, could be Vergil's son, or could be an ancestor, but there is "inheritance" somewhere.

queenhunter

well considering the age diference dante & vergil 29 nero 19 ,he's more likely their long lost brother.probably....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom