• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Its just confusing as all i believe it too.only true evidence i believe is sanctus saying the same stuff about him being a descendant of sparda's blood.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A descendant of Sparda's blood does not specifically mean Nero is Vergil's son. Perhaps Nero does have Sparda's blood running through him for other reasons than him being an actual descendant of Sparda himself. Maybe Sanctus was just trying to confuse Nero even more than he already seemed to be about his background/past. So taking that into consideration, we're going on the word of a deluded/deranged old man who sacrificed himself in some demonic ritual to be born again as a demon. Can we trust Sanctus as far as we can throw his old demonic ass? Perhaps not.

But, let's go on the assumption that he was telling the truth about Nero. Where does that lead us? Well, as said before, Nero can't be Vergil's son because it doesn't work out on the time-line. It also means he can't be Dante's son either. BUT, it does not mean that Nero can't be an actual son of Sparda himself. A younger brother to Dante and Vergil, if you will. And furthermore, it does not mean he can't have a blood relation to any other beings that had Sparda's blood running within them for whatever other reasons. Remember, there's a lot of 'this happened and that happened' when Sparda was around, but his life seems to be Legend/Myth. I believe he kept to himself, and very few people really knew what was going on with him. He was probably very secretive, I'm sure he had to be for protective reasons. With that said, there's no telling who also holds Sparda's blood in them. Whether they are part demon, half demon or whatever.

NeroS

A descendant of Sparda's blood does not specifically mean Nero is Vergil's son. Perhaps Nero does have Sparda's blood running through him for other reasons than him being an actual descendant of Sparda himself. Maybe Sanctus was just trying to confuse Nero even more than he already seemed to be about his background/past. So taking that into consideration, we're going on the word of a deluded/deranged old man who sacrificed himself in some demonic ritual to be born again as a demon. Can we trust Sanctus as far as we can throw his old demonic ass? Perhaps not.

But, let's go on the assumption that he was telling the truth about Nero. Where does that lead us? Well, as said before, Nero can't be Vergil's son because it doesn't work out on the time-line. It also means he can't be Dante's son either. BUT, it does not mean that Nero can't be an actual son of Sparda himself. A younger brother to Dante and Vergil, if you will. And furthermore, it does not mean he can't have a blood relation to any other beings that had Sparda's blood running within them for whatever other reasons. Remember, there's a lot of 'this happened and that happened' when Sparda was around, but his life seems to be Legend/Myth. I believe he kept to himself, and very few people really knew what was going on with him. He was probably very secretive, I'm sure he had to be for protective reasons. With that said, there's no telling who also holds Sparda's blood in them. Whether they are part demon, half demon or whatever.
As far as i know.Wasn't Sparda's blood required to get the savior running?.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
As far as i know.Wasn't Sparda's blood required to get the savior running?.

Yes I believe so. I believe the 'blood' of Sparda was required in order to wake The Saviour. However, the word descendant means this:

"A person or animal that is descended from a specific ancestor; an offspring". If you believe Sanctus' words, then you'll believe that Nero is a descendant of Sparda. However, if you don't believe him, then it simply means that Nero has Sparda's blood running through him. It does not mean that Nero is actually a descendant of Sparda. Remember, The Order Of The Sword were doing lots of experiments. Lots of research into demonic things. Real extensive research that gained them a lot of knowledge and understanding into demons. Who is to say that with that knowledge they did not somehow harness the blood of Sparda and infect Nero with it? Nero does not remember much about his past, and for some reason Sanctus seems to know a lot more about Nero than he's letting on. How would that be so? How does Sanctus know? Sanctus could of easily used the word descendant to shift away from the real truth, that The Order used Nero for experimental purposes.

NeroS

I didnt turn on my mind totally at the fact that he's been experimented with.I only had the thought of something being inserting into him with sparda's blood.so..this may be it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In conclusion, Nero being Vergil's son is quite illogical due to the time-line. Nero could only ever be another son of Sparda himself. Or a relative, with all things considered.

NeroS

Well i think its pretty much summed up he's not his son in my opinion.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well i think its pretty much summed up he's not his son in my opinion.

People keep putting the same theory out there though, and for some reason or another the actual time-line is seemingly ignored. Vergil would of had to of been really young to of had Nero, it doesn't add up. But some people think he would do that. Vergil mating in general does not sound plausible. Yeah he probably has his sexual urges, assuming he's not asexual. Where would he find the time? Why would he think to care about that? Dante mentions having a son. Dante seems to be more likely to have a child than Vergil does. But Dante also being Nero's father would be illogical due to the time-line. Dante thinking on sexual thoughts so early in life? Not impossible. Quite improbable. However, two reasons Dante is more likely to of had sexual intentions at an earlier age compared to Vergil. Dante's goal is to protect mankind, so it would appear. He is clearly shown to have an interest in women, sexually, and sex itself. He would want a child to grow up and protect the future of our planet. And in Devil May Cry 1, Dante quotes "And when you do come back, give my regards to my son, would ya?"... This could mean that Dante has either already had a son at the point during Devil May Cry 1, or the thought of having one was on his mind.

Therefore if anything the theory should be, 'Nero. Is he Dante's son?". Let's look at the characteristics of Nero. He looks similar to Dante. He uses a gun during fighting (Something Vergil does not do any more) He is cocky, like Dante. If anything, Nero resembles Dante more in his attitude. It is only due to him wanting to protect his loved ones and his connection with Yamato that give people the idea that Nero must be Vergil's son. Dante fights for loved ones also. He tried to save his brother when he fell off the tower. He saved Trish even though she tried to kill him. Dante clearly cares and shows it when he wants to. He just doesn't let his loving feelings show so easy, unlike Nero. So Vergil, Dante and Nero are all similar in that sense. The only one true thing that makes people feel more of a Nero/Vergil connection is because of the Yamato sword. The sword belonging to Vergil and repairing itself when Nero was present. I can't explain why this happened. But given that this is the only real reason to assume any connection between Vergil and Nero, I think it's too little to jump onto the theory that there is some sort of father/son connection with them. And as I stated before, due to the time-line it is not possible. And more so probably that IF Nero was a descendant of Sparda and it meant him being either Vergil or Dante's son, it would more so likely be Dante who was the father for the reasons I made earlier.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Everyone seems to be talking about pre-corrupt Vergil being Nero's father though, which is where the time problem comes in. But what if it was corrupted Vergil that was in Fortuna? That would fit with the time better and it doesn't seem it couldn't be the case in that DMC4 novel... (which causes a lot of these rumours) from what I've read of the translated parts that seem to suggest pretty explicit Nero-and-Vergil connections.

I also see no reason not to wonder if Nero could be Dante's kid, and Dante just never knew. Does happen!

I'd say Nero more resembles both Dante and Vergil in his attitude. Agnus remarks at his swearing or foul-mouthed attitude, and he is stubborn and fixated like Vergil; yet openly caring like Dante. I think he's a deliberate mix of their traits by the game makers.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
We probably won't know the entire truth behind where Nero comes from. At least until more story is released in another game or some other media. The translated novels don't entirely tell us everything we want to know. I'm hoping we learn more of Nero's story, because it's exceptionally poor form to toss random characters into games and not provide much back story on them. :/

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I am not sure if they even know who he is themselves xD.

Like it was one of those "we'll sort that part out later" issues and then that part came nobody had any ideas.

Asmodaius

I admit, I haven't read through all the posts here, but here's a small theory of mine.

Sparda is a demon, right? He might be a rightous and honourable demon who wish to save mankind from his race, so much he even married a human who gave him two sons. But he could have slept with other human women who had become pregnant as well.

Nero could be the b@stard son of Sparda.
Even great gods in several mythologies had children with others than their spouses. Zeus and Herakles are a good example of such. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Edit: Okay, for some reason I can't write b@stard with a normal a.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I admit, I haven't read through all the posts here, but here's a small theory of mine.

Sparda is a demon, right? He might be a rightous and honourable demon who wish to save mankind from his race, so much he even married a human who gave him two sons. But he could have slept with other human women who had become pregnant as well.

Nero could be the b@stard son of Sparda.
Even great gods in several mythologies had children with others than their spouses. Zeus and Herakles are a good example of such. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Edit: Okay, for some reason I can't write b@stard with a normal a.

It's a good theory. And it's the one I go with in my Devil may Cry 5 - Hell's Angels Thread. That Sparda slept with a woman in Fortuna and Nero was the result of that, amounting to the fact that he's Dante and Vergil's younger brother.

However, Capcom have done it again. If anyone recalls, they confirmed that Nero is NOT a son of Sparda (In any sense at all I'm guessing) Which leads me to think, how is he possibly a descendant of Sparda? WELL, Nero is not a 'SON' of Sparda now is he? Doesn't make him some other form of relative now does it? Like, a cousin or something. How else does he resemble Dante and Vergil so well?

Reira

The Fallen Angel;)
But we don't know if Sparda had relatives ;p
And know I think Nero can't be Sparda's son
because when Sparda separated the 2 worlds after he was trapped in the Demon World..
and back then I think Dante and Vergil could be 7 years old or something like this...

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I dont even bother with this whole debate, so I came up with my own theory....

Like dwarves from Lord Of The Rings, he just poped out of the earth one day like "Oh hai, me b Nero!" and tht is my theory :) *skips away feeling satisfied*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom