• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil had the opportunity to kill his twin brother, but he did not. His intentions never were to kill Dante. His aim is to gain power to defend himself and those he loves. Vergil probably hides it very well underneath a false mask, but in truth he most likely cares for Dante a lot. Dante is all the family he has left, that we're aware of.

Considering his own upbringing was so atrocious, I don't think Vergil would of had a child with some prostitute and then just leave her to deal with it.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I still think that Nero is the son of a third (Maybe first born) son of Sparda.
Now what happened to this other son? Well how am i supposed to know? Maybe he was evil or something.

Asmodaius

Now what happened to this other son? Well how am i supposed to know? Maybe he was evil or something.

Isn't that rather cliché?
A third, unknown brother, who is EVIL and has an abandoned son... Sounds like "The Days of our Lives". XD

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Isn't that rather cliché?
A third, unknown brother, who is EVIL and has an abandoned son... Sounds like "The Days of our Lives". XD
Well old Sparda had to disappear for some reason didn't he? (Joking)
I really don't know what to say to that. XD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know I once thought that Nero was a son of Sparda. Or perhaps, the son of Dante/Vergil. This was before I looked into it and realised that it wouldn't work out and that it was illogical. Now I don't think he is a son of Sparda, or Dante/Vergil's son. I don't think he is a son of a third son of Sparda. A son that neither of the twins knew about. My reasoning is this, however. Obviously I have to have a point in why I think the way I do. This isn't to go against anyone else's opinion.

In my opinion, Sparda didn't have a third son that we didn't know about. Why? Because he loved Eva. He fell in love with her. It was this love that helped him find the strength to rebel against his own kind. Her love that taught him how to truly feel for things. Her love almost made him human. And after living in the human World for so long and giving up his own demonic powers, sacrificing that power, he became more human than he ever was before. Sparda made a family with Eva. We're unsure of what happened to him, but we know that she was killed and Dante and Vergil were left without a mother or a father. But in my honest opinion, from all in which Sparda gave for his love for Eva, I don't think he would of been able to find it in himself to make love to another woman.

Unless you're talking about him having the third kid with Eva. Then in that case, where was he/she when Dante and Vergil were eight years old?

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
The only reason i think Nero is the son of a third son of Sparda is because it seems logical to me.
How do we not know that Sparda had another son?
Maybe he had a son with Eva before Dante and Vergil?
If he was or is evil, maybe that's why Dante and Vergil don't know about him.
Maybe Sparda and/or Eva did not want them to know about him because he was evil and they wanted to protect them?
Nero seems too old to be Vergil's or Dante's son yet too young to be Sparda's.
Just think about it for a moment and look at the evidence i just provided.
Nero = Too old to be Dante's/Vergil's son yet too young to be Sparda's son yet obviously has some of Sparda's blood in him. = To me seems like a third son of Sparda is very possiable.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If that was the case, that'd be a whole other area Capcom would have to explain to us. Now logically to me, Capcom can't explain things to us fans very well, so that's also another reason as to why I don't think that point would be true. In my own opinion.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I'm still kinda mad that they decided to do a reboot now rather then another game to further explain Nero's origins.
What i would like to see is after the reboot another game that pays more attention to Dante, but at the same time explains Nero's origins just enough to leave a little bit of mystery to him.
All who agree jump up and down while eating bacon!

Asmodaius

Nah, Lord Ganon, crossovers aren't the best of ideas, and you aren't really a demon - though you're still a cool boss. ;P

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
You know I once thought that Nero was a son of Sparda. Or perhaps, the son of Dante/Vergil. This was before I looked into it and realised that it wouldn't work out and that it was illogical. Now I don't think he is a son of Sparda, or Dante/Vergil's son. I don't think he is a son of a third son of Sparda. A son that neither of the twins knew about. My reasoning is this, however. Obviously I have to have a point in why I think the way I do. This isn't to go against anyone else's opinion.

In my opinion, Sparda didn't have a third son that we didn't know about. Why? Because he loved Eva. He fell in love with her. It was this love that helped him find the strength to rebel against his own kind. Her love that taught him how to truly feel for things. Her love almost made him human. And after living in the human World for so long and giving up his own demonic powers, sacrificing that power, he became more human than he ever was before. Sparda made a family with Eva. We're unsure of what happened to him, but we know that she was killed and Dante and Vergil were left without a mother or a father. But in my honest opinion, from all in which Sparda gave for his love for Eva, I don't think he would of been able to find it in himself to make love to another woman.

Unless you're talking about him having the third kid with Eva. Then in that case, where was he/she when Dante and Vergil were eight years old?
Romantic story but...

Two milleniums ago there was a war,
between the human world and the other,
the under world,
but somebody from the underworld woke up to justice,
and stood up against this legion,
alone.

His name was Sparda.
later he quietly reigned the human world,
and continued to preserve harmony until his death

He became a legend
the legendary dark knight,
Sparda

Eva is mentioned no where with the love thing to rebel against his own kind. It's just said that he woke up to justice.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Eva is mentioned no where with the love thing to rebel against his own kind. It's just said that he woke up to justice.

You misunderstood my point. I was referring to after he had woke up to justice. In the human World, Eva still gave him the strength (A reason to keep fighting) this aided Sparda in his life time cause to rebel against demons, possibly their love making him even stronger than he was after he defeated Mundus. So Sparda before he died would of been far superior in strength than Mundus was or ever would be. Hence why Dante and Vergil are so powerful then even at half his strength. I've only just thought of it that way, that's a nice reason as to why they're so powerful and only half demon.

In relation to the Devil May Cry 4 Novels, I believe the point made is that 'it's up to the fans' to decide whether or not it is canon. Considering the points I made as to why it would be illogical, at least to me anyway, I've decided that I don't think they are canon. Not everything they do has to be canon related. Dmc isn't canon. Nor is the Manga, if I remember rightly.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

if Sparda had another child before Dante and Vergil why would it have to be a son? no canon source says that Nero's demonic blood came from his father.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
if Sparda had another child before Dante and Vergil why would it have to be a son? no canon source says that Nero's demonic blood came from his father.
Same goes for the mother.
I was speaking in general, I did not say it had to be a son, I just said son because I did.
It could be a daughter, or it could be a son, but as of right now Capcom is too stupid to tell us anything because they decided to reboot rather then adding on to what they already had and so were screwed now because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom