• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mystery woman

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Fans shouldn't make excuses for the bad, fans should call it out. That's what I'm doing because that's what we're talking about.
But if you "call it out," that obviously makes you a "d-bag," right?? :/

http://devilmaycry.org/find-new/7318662/profile-posts?page=3

You are entirely free to express your opinion, but be more mindful how others will feel with your choice of words.
Good advice. Even better if you actually remembered it once in a while.

Oh wait, look. It seems like you forgot your own drugstore psychology in the same post.
Btw, you were pulled out of a hole quite close to the ass, yet that doesn't mean you automatically stink.
Right. Stay classy, friend
Why just settle for less?
Because DMC4SE can do no wrong. Just accept it already.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
The only thing we know is that Vergil dislikes his emotions and humanity in DMC3 at the point of obsession, while not being capable of controlling them. Something this woman stole from him and we don't know yet what it is.

After all a woman in red is sign of a femme fatale, a scarlet woman.

Gel

Premium
Everybody knows the best of way to destroy a man is through his heart and soul. And there is no great adversary to this same man than a woman.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
What if the reason why Vergil hates his Humanity and his emotion is because of Scarlet.
Vergil had probably already held humanity in the utmost contempt before meeting her -- Scarlet might've been what drove him to complete madness (somehow) later on.

Reactions: Gel

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
Vergil already disliked humanity -- Scarlet might've been what drove him to complete madness (somehow).
Maybe the reason why Vergil hates his humanity is not only the death of his mother but also the death of Scarlet because they were human hence the quote
"Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Correct me if i'm wrong.
The problem is, that there's too many questionable variables at play. But so far, the theory you presented seems sound. I can imagine that being a rather realistic scenario.
Or maybe she just didn't put out. Madness!
You know, that actually sounds a bit closer to the truth. She seduces Vergil, but only teases him in the end and tries to leave.

BUT THEN.

When that happens, Vergil, in a state of arousal and rage, sees his "dominant state" being challenged. Ergo, he takes matters into his own hands.

Gel

Premium
Maybe the reason why Vergil hates his humanity is not only the death of his mother but also the death of Scarlet because they were human hence the quote
"Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Right, but he can be talking about protecting his child too.

Astaroth123

The problem is, that there's too many questionable variables at play. But so far, the theory you presented seems sound. I can see that happening.

Well even i can see it, him blaming his own humanity for being weak and failing to defend the ones he love.
Again correct me if i'm wrong

Right, but he can be talking about protecting his child too.
Maybe, that seems plausible.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well even i can see it, him blaming his own humanity for being weak and failing to defend the ones he loves.
Again, we don't know the whole story.

Just because Vergil said "Without strength, you cannot protect anything." He could've been talking about their mother, his wife "Scarlet," and his son, "Nero," -- absolutely.

But he also could've been talking about Dante himself. We don't know anything until we see the end cutscene.

... And even then, Capcom might not tell us anything.

Astaroth123

Again, we don't know the whole story.

Just because Vergil said "Without strength, you cannot protect anything." He could've been talking about their mother, his wife "Scarlet," and his son, "Nero," -- absolutely.

But he also could've been talking about Dante himself. We don't know anything until we see the end cutscene.

... And even then, Capcom might not tell us anything.

Yeah, you are right but knowing Capcom, it's scary.

Gel

Premium
I'm just waiting Capcom keeps some of Vergil's integrity . He was an a**h*le , but a dignified one.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
We don't know if this woman is good or evil. I don't see anything creepy about her behavior, she just holds her hands in a sort of praying way - as if she noticed it was Vergil, and she felt humbled and/or excited.
The color red is connected mostly to people of low social standing. She looks like any other pious civilian. Considering she came from the direction of the opera house, she might work for the Order. Vergil didn't recognize her, and she didn't approach him, so I would assume they have no relationship.

As for Vergil having a child with a human woman... I'm skeptical. Vergil sees humans as weak, he probably thinks Eva was weak for not being able to defend herself and losing her life, leading to Dante and Vergil's probably cr@ppy lives. It's the opposite of Dante's hate for his father: Dante thought Sparda should've made preparations for a possible demon attack, or should've found some way to retain some demonic power, but he didn't and Eva died because of it. That explains why Dante claims ''I don't have a father''. So Vergil's disdain for humans doesn't necessarily have to do with that woman, it's probably related to Eva's death.
Since V wants to emulate Sparda, maybe in DMC3 he said ''without power you cannot protect anyone'' because he wanted to protect his kid (Nero). Maybe Nero's mother died because he couldn't protect her... so Vergil left Nero at the orphanage to protect him from demons. In other words, Vergil was trying to keep Nero secret, so that he wouldn't be targeted by demons like Eva and the twins were. It also explains why Dante still doesn't have a spouse: because demons are drawn to him and he doesn't want to put his family in danger.
However, it's also possible that the reason why people thought Nero was born of a prostitute was because he wasn't conceived naturally (experiment).

And yet, I still like to think it's all connected to Sparda. DMC4 has many Sparda-related themes, so maybe what happens in DMC4 SE will be connected to Sparda too. For all we know, Sparda's DNA was on one of the artifacts in Fortuna, and Vergil used it. Who knows.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Honestly I'm quite disgusted and disappointed with some of the behaviour here. @Vergilius: Really? Were those direct jabs really necessary? I don't think they were. I know you and Viper might not see eye to eye, but you've been told about the ignore system a dozen of times. And @Viper: I believe you told me before you had put Vergilius on your ignore list. Yet we're here with you addressing him and actually encouraging and invoking a response. The exact opposite of what the ignore function is in place for.

I expected better from the both of you, because as I always say it takes two to tango. So allow me to give you a warning each. And hopefully you learn a lesson from this. Keep to the ignore list if you can't just play nice.

Reactions: Meg

Astaroth123

Honestly I'm quite disgusted and disappointed with some of the behaviour here. @Vergilius: Really? Were those direct jabs really necessary? I don't think they were. I know you and Viper might not see eye to eye, but you've been told about the ignore system a dozen of times. And @Viper: I believe you told me before you had put Vergilius on your ignore list. Yet we're here with you addressing him and actually encouraging and invoking a response. The exact opposite of what the ignore function is in place for.

I expected better from the both of you, because as I always say it takes two to tango. So allow me to give you a warning each. And hopefully you learn a lesson from this. Keep to the ignore list if you can't just play nice.

Or else, can i be the one to play the Tango on a guitar and see them dance!. :)

Top Bottom