• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mystery woman

outoftheblue

This is my first comment on this board, so hi to everybody and here goes my two cents to this post.

I have to begin saying that I´m one of the gamers that has been with the franchiese from the beginning, so I would describe myself as emotionally invested in the series…very much in fact.

This is my personal opinión about how I see the Vergil caracter and Nero´s conception. Again, it´s my opinión, and I totally understand other people having a different concept of him and thereso having different interpretations of Nero´s origins.

The only way I could see Vergil having intercourse with a female, any kind of female, is it being for a higher purpose.
We know he went to Fortuna following his fathers steps and we also know he was quite into research and books from what we saw in DMC3 Special Edition.
Maybe I´m reading too much GAME OF THRONES lately, but I totally would believe Vergil going through intercourse, either a normal or some kind of mystical one, if it was to bring forth a higher being-some kind of Prince That Was Promised or Stalion Who Mounts The World type-.
In fact it would tie up nicely with the scene in the library with Arkham, were he asks Vergil about what he is looking for….a prophesy?

Of course this is Capcom´s child and who knows what reason they will come up with, but I like it, as I feel it keeps closer to Vergil as I understand him as a caracter, more so then the in lust or in love with some woman explanation. As some of you have stated, this is a fun excercise of “fanfictioning”, so let´s have fun!

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Do you know what I really expected? I expected that Vergil indeed had a wife, because it surely would fit his persona, since, even if he could be a bit of a nutty individual,he sure seems the kind of a person who would assume a woman as being his and their children, if they had any. Sparda did this, why wouldn't he do the same?
But after what I saw on that trailer, I gave up of this idea, since it would imply some capacity of story telling and dedication, things I cannot expect from Capcom.
Lazy as they are, they will find a quicker route (even if out of character or even outrageous to some people) to justify a connection between Vergil and Nero.

EDIT: We would had a problem: if that cathedral is the only Church Fortuna had and if Vergil married anyone, he would get caught.

Last edited:

Veloran

This is my first comment on this board, so hi to everybody and here goes my two cents to this post.

I have to begin saying that I´m one of the gamers that has been with the franchiese from the beginning, so I would describe myself as emotionally invested in the series…very much in fact.

This is my personal opinión about how I see the Vergil caracter and Nero´s conception. Again, it´s my opinión, and I totally understand other people having a different concept of him and thereso having different interpretations of Nero´s origins.

The only way I could see Vergil having intercourse with a female, any kind of female, is it being for a higher purpose.
We know he went to Fortuna following his fathers steps and we also know he was quite into research and books from what we saw in DMC3 Special Edition.
Maybe I´m reading too much GAME OF THRONES lately, but I totally would believe Vergil going through intercourse, either a normal or some kind of mystical one, if it was to bring forth a higher being-some kind of Prince That Was Promised or Stalion Who Mounts The World type-.
In fact it would tie up nicely with the scene in the library with Arkham, were he asks Vergil about what he is looking for….a prophesy?

Of course this is Capcom´s child and who knows what reason they will come up with, but I like it, as I feel it keeps closer to Vergil as I understand him as a caracter, more so then the in lust or in love with some woman explanation. As some of you have stated, this is a fun excercise of “fanfictioning”, so let´s have fun!

People inherently fear evil. However...

... Occasionally, a person may become seduced by evil.

Suddenly double meanings errywhere.

Viper

Premium
@Gel
You know, it just occurred to me that you have to be of their religion to marry in their church. Sure, Vergil is son of Sparda, but he doesn't really worship him, even said himself he wants to surpass him. So at best, if Vergil wanted to marry, it would have to be something symbolic, his woman and him exchanging vows and rings in privacy (or maybe tattoos, other jewelery, everyone rolls with the rings cause that's what we know the best, but one can close the deal with other symbols).

Gel

Premium
@Gel
You know, it just occurred to me that you have to be of their religion to marry in their church. Sure, Vergil is son of Sparda, but he doesn't really worship him, even said himself he wants to surpass him. So at best, if Vergil wanted to marry, it would have to be something symbolic, his woman and him exchanging vows and rings in privacy (or maybe tattoos, other jewelery, everyone rolls with the rings cause that's what we know the best, but one can close the deal with other symbols).

It makes sense,for I doubt they have those civil marriage ceremonies.But now I have another question: how did Sparda married Eva? Sure he didn't follow his own religion, but he was their Feudal Lord, so Eva could be their Feudal Lady.
DMC1 manual was clear they were married to each other.

And now we have a temporal window which allows Vergil establishes a marriage type of relationship with his woman/wife: some months up to 2 years. Now the doubt is DMC3 manga is canon or not?

Gel

Premium
Sparda and Eva just got married normally because they loved each other. What's left to question exactly?
What kind of ceremony it was? If it was religious or not?I'm just being curious.

Viper

Premium
It makes sense,for I doubt they have those civil marriage ceremonies.But now I have another question: how did Sparda married Eva? Sure he didn't follow his own religion, but he was their Feudal Lord, so Eva could be their Feudal Lady.
DMC1 manual was clear they were married to each other.
Manuals tend to make things up to fill holes or give more importance, maybe they lived as unwed couple. After all, what is marriage but signing a contract to be faithful to each other till the end of lives? Love exists even without some old dude proclaiming them husband and wife, but if it was important, Sparda could have known of some other ritual or of some priest ally that would do it.

Gel

Premium
So, we could assume Vergil would do the same, right?

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
You know what i think i like the concept of Vergil having a wife, A complete opposite of Vergil's cold persona.

But as i know Capcom i don't hope much.

Reactions: Gel

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's nothing made up about the marriage. They did indeed get married. As for what kind of ceremony exactly, it's not like they ever thought that through. Make up a story about it.

Vergil however getting married and having a kid in the small time frame he's got for someone like Nero to be born, just sounds like something someone pulled out of their ass. It always will sound like even if we finally get the hard evidence proving it.

Ugh. The thing that bothers me the most about this is just about everything in this series revolves around Sparda and his family tree. That kind of crap is always just lazy writing to have everything conveniently connected for Capcom instead of actually developing a story with more substance and doing some character development.

Viper

Premium
So, we could assume Vergil would do the same, right?
Swear to his beloved that he will stay by her side to protect her? Yes, he would. Doesn't mean he succeeded in protecting, which could convince him he is far from being strong enough at his current power level.

Vergil comes off as cocky to me, the way he fixes his hair in the intro, that sound he makes while doing it... he is kinda a bit more of a show-off than in DMC3.

@Chancey289

You are entirely free to express your opinion, but be more mindful how others will feel with your choice of words. Btw, you were pulled out of a hole quite close to the ass, yet that doesn't mean you automatically stink.

DMC is a series of video games. The story is mostly to give a reason to fighting. If you expect high quality writing, go read a book. Sure, the story of DMC is lacking in some departments, but it is not lazy writing if it revolves around Sparda and his sons, it just misses certain details.

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
Swear to his beloved that he will stay by her side to protect her? Yes, he would. Doesn't mean he succeeded in protecting, which could convince him he is far from being strong enough at his current power level.

Vergil comes off as cocky to me, the way he fixes his hair in the intro, that sound he makes while doing it... he is kinda a bit more of a show-off than in DMC3.

But we already conclude Vergil is not so different from Dante as he would like to think. In fact,their confrontation in DMC3 is a show off, with Lady saying how they take a twist pleasure in fighting each other. Dangerous, but childish at same time.

You know what i think i like the concept of Vergil having a wife, A complete opposite of Vergil's cold persona.

But as i know Capcom i don't hope much.

Me too, friend, me too.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
But we already conclude Vergil is not so different from Dante as he would like to think. In fact,their confrontation in DMC3 is a show off, with Lady saying how they take a twist pleasure in fighting each other. Dangerous, but childish at same time.
I meant his vanity looks more obvious this time. Whereas in DMC3 he just pulled hair back and smiled, this time he makes that sound like he... like... well ****, the closest thing I can say about it, it sounds like he had an orgasm. :blush:

Gel

Premium
That woman behavior still causes me suspicions. There is something wrong the way she moves and smiles.I cannot say what it is.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's just their way to connect everything which doesn't do this series any favors. It makes the world feel smaller and rather uninteresting when everything that happens is just "because Sparda". I like Devil May Cry, that's why I won't act like Devil May Cry really soars in areas where it is clearly lacking.

I'm not expecting Oscar bait, because Devil May Cry is stupid (the fun kind of stupid) and rather simple, but this series couldn't even keep the canon straight. It screwed up in just very stupid ways and I don't wanna act like it did right. Fans shouldn't make excuses for the bad, fans should call it out. That's what I'm doing because that's what we're talking about.

It would be nice to just have a fairly decent narrative, with some better humor, characters, etc. That makes it all better! Why just settle for less?

Gel

Premium
I suspect Vergil will be used by her in some way, making him become bitter because of it. She seems to be self confident ,but in a nasty way. Definitively the kind of woman I could never imagine to be romantically involved with Vergil.

Top Bottom