• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z DmC review thread

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yet another absolute howler from the master comedian himself. You're a hilarity ICBM.

Off the utmost pico-meters of my scalp:

Believe it or not that last one isn't DmC. I poop thee not.

Even if that statement wasn't a wellspring of mirth that shall be mined for millennia to come, it still wouldn't excuse DmC in it's current form. If Classic DMC made mistakes, it's the responsibility of any subsequent iteration that wears it's name to improve upon it's past failings as much as possible as well as add additional content. Any less than that is inexcusable, because it's the whole point of making new games in an established franchise.

And stop multi-posting for the love of God.

But DMC isn't THAT big of an established franchise though. Like not CoD or GOW level.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
pseudo intellectuals ramblings because apparently pitch perfect grammer is a new rule

And increase your vocabulary already. You use "pseudo intellectuals" (plural sic) so often the serial numbers have come off. You're meant to be a patron of higher education, act like it.

AlchemistFromEden

Yet another absolute howler from the master comedian himself. You're a hilarity ICBM.

Off the utmost pico-meters of my scalp:

Believe it or not that last one isn't DmC. I poop thee not.

Even if that statement wasn't a wellspring of mirth that shall be mined for millennia to come, it still wouldn't excuse DmC in it's current form. If Classic DMC made mistakes, it's the responsibility of any subsequent iteration that wears it's name to improve upon it's past failings as much as possible as well as add additional content. Any less than that is inexcusable, because it's the whole point of making new games in an established franchise.

And stop multi-posting for the love of God.
and with that logic legend of zelda and mario should have absolutely zero glitches -__- which is impossible to do, for ANY game

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
and with that logic legend of zelda and mario should have absolutely zero glitches -__- which is impossible to do, for ANY game

well considering the sheer amount of years and games those 2 have I don't think that is a fair comparison.

God of War would be a fairer comparison in my opinion.

AlchemistFromEden

But what does that have to do with actually improving upon the faults of previous entries rather than ignoring them and repeating their mistakes?
its not repeating their mistakes if they can't predict whether a glitch can happen, if they really wanted a glitch free product this game or any game would never be able to come out because a glitch can happen at anytime at any point with no explanation of WHY it happened, and the same glitch happening in the same type of genre in a sequel, reboot, remake, or prequel of ANY game is not at all far fetched, they did the complete opposite of ignoring them, why do you think they delayed the game in april? they spent all that time polishing the game

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
But DMC isn't THAT big of an established franchise though. Like not CoD or GOW level.

It certainly isn't financially stronger than CoD, but it's had a profound influence on the industry for twelve years, so much so that it's incredibly unlikely God of War would have existed without it (Or, ironically, Gears Of War, seeing as that game was heavily inspired by RE4, which only existed in it's final form because of the experimentation made during the production of Devil May Cry. Funny now I think about it).

What's more, it did effectively pioneer the 128 bit era of free roaming fighting games and carve a unique niche for itself. We have yet to see what half of the people who grew up playing DMC will do with their lives, including those who will go into game design and make projects influenced by their childhood memories. The repurcussions of DMC's existance are already, and almost certainly will be, hugely important in the timeline of gaming.

...In fact now I think about it, if DMC hadn't existed Too Human probably wouldn't have existed, and I'd have had Eternal Darkness 2 half a decade ago. I think my nose is bleeding.

This "alternate timeline without DMC" stuff is actually kind of interesting. Maybe I should make a thread about it...

Still, this doesn't change the fact that gaming franchises improve and develop upon existing mechanics in each iteration, and if they don't they stagnate and die. Unless they're CoD I suppose.

To borrow AfE's prose: THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT, DISCUSSION OVER!!!!

Although it isn't, so I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

Terrutas

DRI is nothing compared to how broken Demon Dodge is combined with Devil Trigger.

Mind you,Demon dodge with DT isn't even...a bug. It's just unpolished gameplay's hilarious results that people for some reason try to defend.

DragonMaster2010

But what does that have to do with actually improving upon the faults of previous entries rather than ignoring them and repeating their mistakes?

I usually assume if not made into a big fuss, Capcom doesn't consider those faults.

DragonMaster2010

It certainly isn't financially stronger than CoD, but it's had a profound influence on the industry for twelve years, so much so that it's incredibly unlikely God of War would have existed without it (Or, ironically, Gears Of War, seeing as that game was heavily inspired by RE4, which only existed in it's final form because of the experimentation made during the production of Devil May Cry. Funny now I think about it).

What's more, it did effectively pioneer the 128 bit era of free roaming fighting games and carve a unique niche for itself. We have yet to see what half of the people who grew up playing DMC will do with their lives, including those who will go into game design and make projects influenced by their childhood memories. The repurcussions of DMC's existance are already, and almost certainly will be, hugely important in the timeline of gaming.

...In fact now I think about it, if DMC hadn't existed Too Human probably wouldn't have existed, and I'd have had Eternal Darkness 2 half a decade ago. I think my nose is bleeding.

This "alternate timeline without DMC" stuff is actually kind of interesting. Maybe I should make a thread about it...

Still, this doesn't change the fact that gaming franchises improve and develop upon existing mechanics in each iteration, and if they don't they stagnate and die. Unless they're CoD I suppose.

To borrow AfE's prose: THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT, DISCUSSION OVER!!!!

Although it isn't, so I'd love to hear your opinion on it.
But that's all it's done. DMC1 pretty much did all the work, while the other DMC games after it just piggybacked off it and added more stuff. But there's no reward for DMC3 for being as good as it was, which is pretty unfair since it did bring the series back.:/

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Guys. Seriously. The multi-posting is making my eyes bleed - which is playing havoc with my vision, not to mention ruining a perfectly good pair of rather expensive glasses. If you have to reply multiple times immediately, please use the edit button.

And enough already with AlchemistfromEden derailing almost every thread with challenges over intellect. It's boring and petty and time-wasting.

Carry on.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
But that's all it's done. DMC1 pretty much did all the work, while the other DMC games after it just piggybacked off it and added more stuff.

That's what we call a videogame franchise. Would you have preferred if it became a kart racer? Is Mario stale because he still jumps?

DarkSlayer54

I'm not sure why demon dodging and the DT damage boost is seen as a bad thing... In DMC1, I loved using Super Dante with Nightmare-Beta, and Ifrit. I abused the hell outa air raid. DMC3, royal guard and demon flux were both over powered... and I loved that. I abused those too.
DmC seems take it a step further, sure... but like previous DMC's, the 'hardcore' players would just ignore these mechanics. I've always disliked scoreboards, ranks, unlocks, stats in general... because they always dumb down the experience of good games. Players boost in CoD, statpad in Battlefield, and in games with leaderboards people will use any feature in the game to improve their score... in cases like DmC, the leaderboards are at fault for the patches. I don't care about players that boost or anything... but generally those players make the developers make changes that annoy me (eg. can't join free for all matches while in a party).

I also heard there was a way to cancel the Grenade Launcher in DMC1 without a roll... I honestly have no idea how that could be done, but I'd imagine that would be completely broken too... but I would love to know how to do that too.

As a player that likes overpowered mechanics, cheat codes, and cheats in general... the demon dodge makes the game a lot more fun to play.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Broken gameplay is bad, stop trying to talk like it's not.

It's not THAT BIG of a deal, since if you are looking to have fun with the game and not just rant about it, you can ignore it, or at least not stand in place like an idiot waiting to use demon dodge.
But is still bad.

EvilX-81

I'm not sure why demon dodging and the DT damage boost is seen as a bad thing... In DMC1, I loved using Super Dante with Nightmare-Beta, and Ifrit. I abused the hell outa air raid. DMC3, royal guard and demon flux were both over powered... and I loved that. I abused those too.
DmC seems take it a step further, sure... but like previous DMC's, the 'hardcore' players would just ignore these mechanics. I've always disliked scoreboards, ranks, unlocks, stats in general... because they always dumb down the experience of good games. Players boost in CoD, statpad in Battlefield, and in games with leaderboards people will use any feature in the game to improve their score... in cases like DmC, the leaderboards are at fault for the patches. I don't care about players that boost or anything... but generally those players make the developers make changes that annoy me (eg. can't join free for all matches while in a party).

I also heard there was a way to cancel the Grenade Launcher in DMC1 without a roll... I honestly have no idea how that could be done, but I'd imagine that would be completely broken too... but I would love to know how to do that too.

As a player that likes overpowered mechanics, cheat codes, and cheats in general... the demon dodge makes the game a lot more fun to play.

Well in DMC3 and 4, those overpowered tricks did come in handy against legit threats; I wouldn't have made it through DMD on 4 if not for DRI. But in DmC, there's no real need for such ridic damage, and having that easy option can take a lot of challenge out of the game, which is why a lot of people would have preferred if it was some sort of precise timing Demon Guard instead.

Top Bottom