• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z DmC review thread

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Since alot of ponies seem to be confused on where I stand with this game. Not to mention, I'm part of the target demographic for this game (Rebellious youths), and part of the original DMC fanbase.

I am going to clear up any speculation and just say, I liked it, but I am also going to do my fair share of nitpicks.

The story & Dante: First let me say, I am not going to flat out flame this game, because Dante in this game had moments where I not only could relate to him, but moments where I loved him as a character, however, those moments of awesomeness are easily cancelled by one simple fact.

This Dante didn't care for humanity.
In the original series, Lady showed Dante that humans were willing to fight, showed Dante they were pure of heart. And that's what channeled his human side.

In this version however, it seems that Kat is the ONLY thing Dante cares about. He willingly killed humans for her, but didn't show any regret in having to do so.

Another problem with this character is while characters like V (V for Vendetta) or Nada (They Live) come across as heroes, this new Dante just comes across as an asshole who wants revenge, heck for the soul purpose of ****ing off Mundus, he SAID he DID IT FOR REVENGE. And V's story was technically a revenge story, but you could tell his main goal was to make a change happen.

Come to think of it:

Practically every character is an asshole except Kat and Phineas.

On paper, these characters seem good, but why is it that they had to

A. Take Sparda's legacy and make a mockery of it.

B. Ruin Vergil's personality.

C. Make Mundus a freaking G4 Transformer. (Srsly G1 for the win)

the gameplay

This is where DmC excels, It makes you feel like a demon killer, a BAMF, and a guy who can take on the world.

That is until you get to Son Of Sparda mode. Then you can't take on the world, but you still feel like a demon killer and a BAMF.

The gameplay is polished and tweaked beyond belief, but the lack of moves is dissapointing.

Overall, I'd Actually give DmC Not a 9. but an 8.5

FatDemon

I was expecting something awesome for Munduses true form, like a .... well .... something awesome, this design seems lazy, the original was so much better

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Since alot of ponies seem to be confused on where I stand with this game. Not to mention, I'm part of the target demographic for this game (Rebellious youths), and part of the original DMC fanbase.

I am going to clear up any speculation and just say, I liked it, but I am also going to do my fair share of nitpicks.

The story & Dante: First let me say, I am not going to flat out flame this game, because Dante in this game had moments where I not only could relate to him, but moments where I loved him as a character, however, those moments of awesomeness are easily cancelled by one simple fact.

This Dante didn't care for humanity.
In the original series, Lady showed Dante that humans were willing to fight, showed Dante they were pure of heart. And that's what channeled his human side.

In this version however, it seems that Kat is the ONLY thing Dante cares about. He willingly killed humans for her, but didn't show any regret in having to do so.Yep, it's like Kat was the only connection to him wanting to save humanity. I mean, Vergil dismissing Kat at the end was part of the trigger for Dante and Vergil fighting.

Another problem with this character is while characters like V (V for Vendetta) or Nada (They Live) come across as heroes, this new Dante just comes across as an asshole who wants revenge, heck for the soul purpose of ******* off Mundus, he SAID he DID IT FOR REVENGE. And V's story was technically a revenge story, but you could tell his main goal was to make a change happen.I thought the 'it was for revenge' line was just to **** Mundus off and get him out of the office?:/ The first time, Dante says it was for freedom, then changes it to revenge when he sees that tactic isn't working.

Come to think of it:

Practically every character is an asshole except Kat and Phineas.Yep, none of the characters are 'good'. Even Phineas is acting in his own interests of revenge. He's the one who tells Dante to kill Lilith for revenge on Mundus. But Phineas also warns Dante what will happen....and Dante does it anyway. :p Even though his is warned many will die as a result....he does it.

On paper, these characters seem good, but why is it that they had to

A. Take Sparda's legacy and make a mockery of it.Not exactly a mockery, but it could have been a lot cooler. It was cool how he helped Mundus rise to the top of hell, but that's about it. No stand against the demons to protect humanity (that we know of). Sparda seemed very focused on his own family and his love for Eva, but not the welfare of humans.

B. Ruin Vergil's personality.

C. Make Mundus a freaking G4 Transformer. (Srsly G1 for the win)That's all I could think of too!:lol: I was expecting a human fight before that...oh well....

Terrutas

The gameplay is polished and tweaked beyond belief, but the lack of moves is dissapointing.
You mean how there are tons of glitches,Enemy step is rushed. and the hardest form of difficulty are color coded enemies?

Don't mean to disrespect,thats just plainly not true at all.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Don't forget the excessive, broken beyond belief mechanics that make it possible to kill some of the bosses in 5 hits or less
You mean the arbiter hit on Poison? I thought that had been fixed?:/
Other than that, the bosses take more than 5 hits to kill seeing as they are split into 3 stages whuch take more than 5 hits each.
Unless this is something different you are on about?

Terrutas

You mean the arbiter hit on Poison? I thought that had been fixed?:/
Other than that, the bosses take more than 5 hits to kill seeing as they are split into 3 stages whuch take more than 5 hits each.
Unless this is something different you are on about?
I think he means the kablooey-hunter vid.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

You spent most of the review criticising the game heavily, and you still gave it a high mark? Are you afraid of getting flamed by fans of the game?

You shouldn't you know. They're very understanding and open minded people to a fault.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

You spent most of the review criticising the game heavily, and you still gave it a high mark? Are you afraid of getting flamed by fans of the game?

You shouldn't you know. They're very understanding and open minded people to a fault.

Except for the people who called me bias just because I brought up the cons in my thoughts of DMC4.:/

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Your kinda new here so its understandable that you don't get how "mrrandomlulz" works around here.:troll:

AlchemistFromEden

You mean how there are tons of glitches,Enemy step is rushed. and the hardest form of difficulty are color coded enemies?

Don't mean to disrespect,thats just plainly not true at all.
there are tons of glitches in the old dmc games, hundreds of videos, no game is perfect, and there is NO SUCH THING as rushed with this game or any game, they had three years, if they didn't want enemy step like that, they would've changed it, and where's your hell and hell mode playthrough, because seriously people like you always talk about how easy it is and yet never have any footage of you playing anything other than the demo which quite frankly, isn't even the final product

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Except for the people who called me bias just because I brought up the cons in my thoughts of DMC4.:/

Avoid double posting chief, we don't want you getting cautioned. Also don't be so easy to provoke.

ec5cd9fb2d4064d6ec4c092855556d9692c28305_full.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
there are tons of glitches in the old dmc games, hundreds of videos, no game is perfect, and there is NO SUCH THING as rushed with this game or any game, they had three years, if they didn't want enemy step like that, they would've changed it, and where's your hell and hell mode playthrough, because seriously people like you always talk about how easy it is and yet never have any footage of you playing anything other than the demo which quite frankly, isn't even the final product

Not everyone has the time to pull up a video.

But yes, every DMC has had its large number of glitches.

AlchemistFromEden

and why is it that no one seems to understand the "i did it for revenge" scene, not only is dante blatantly lying about killing mundus' kid but also was told by vergil to get him ****ed, why is this such a hard concept to understand, and the whole sparda's legacy thing too...not even gonna bother with this one

Not everyone has the time to pull up a video.

But yes, every DMC has had its large number of glitches.
well they have plenty of time to chill on this forum to talk about how glitchy the game is though, just saying i never agree whenever someone tries to use that as a valid complaint when more than half the time they never even played the game to begin with

still a good review even though i heavily disagree with the complaints about the plot

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
there are tons of glitches in the old dmc games, hundreds of videos, no game is perfect, and there is NO SUCH THING as rushed with this game or any game, they had three years,, <Run on sentence continues>

Yet another absolute howler from the master comedian himself. You're a hilarity ICBM.

Off the utmost pico-meters of my scalp:

Believe it or not that last one isn't DmC. I poop thee not.

Even if that statement wasn't a wellspring of mirth that shall be mined for millennia to come, it still wouldn't excuse DmC in it's current form. If Classic DMC made mistakes, it's the responsibility of any subsequent iteration that wears it's name to improve upon it's past failings as much as possible as well as add additional content. Any less than that is inexcusable, because it's the whole point of making new games in an established franchise.

And stop multi-posting for the love of God.

Top Bottom