• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MGR all cutscenes

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I already beat the game yesterday, going to work my way through hard mode now using the Grey Fox suit (which i will admit makes me feel far more badass then i did playing as Raiden)

My favourite boss fight was probably Monsoon actually, so much stuff going on at times it kept me on my toes and i REALLY wanted to smash that guy's face in. Can't wait to fight him on hard.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
And then i made this:

armstrongsentai.png

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
part of having a compelling plot is making characters with depth, less than half the characters in this game have depth, evne raiden's reasons for doing what he's doing are convoluted and the villains are all bland archetypes with accents for the sake of having accents

To be fair, you can say that all the bosses in DmC were one-note as well as Mundus as he never rose to being a memorable villian or atleast a well-written trickster villian. Pyramid only had one scene in Enslaved and did a better job at selling me why he was right better than Mundus ever did.

I wasn't talking depth tho since one set might not be deeper than the other set. I just got a better feel for their history and their lives than the ones in DmC and i felt there was a more sense of choice and consequences to his actions than with dante in DmC.

His reasons seems pretty clear to me and i think Dominus covered it pretty well. Raiden wanted to prevent Desperado from committing more tragedies and to get revenge for N'mani's death. He also wanted to save the kidnapped children from becoming child soldiers.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Having beaten the game the day it came out... I can say that the game is disappointingly short, but it's amazing to play, and I love the story. MGS is the only game story I've ever been interested in, honestly.

In short, I love the game, but I wish there was twice as much of it. Looking forward to the Sam DLC.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Having beaten the game the day it came out... I can say that the game is disappointingly short, but it's amazing to play, and I love the story.
Pretty much the same for me. Beat the game in 4 hours (I blame the pace of story for that) but pretty much liked/loved every moment of it. Definitely guna be going for unlocks and such to extend the playtime... and maybe downloading the DLC if it adds a good enough amount to the game.

IncarnatedDemon

Raiden's reasons for doing what he did was clear. He wanted to save the weak from predators.
And the story had good points as well, which Raiden experienced.

Check 0:22:56-0:23:33 and what Raiden says.
And check out 0:50:20 to 0:53:59

The story has really great messages.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Pretty much the same for me. Beat the game in 4 hours (I blame the pace of story for that) but pretty much liked/loved every moment of it. Definitely guna be going for unlocks and such to extend the playtime... and maybe downloading the DLC if it adds a good enough amount to the game.

Considering there is not one but TWO DLC campaigns coming out, I definitely have to get them.

Top Bottom